IGNORED

Stranger Things IV. NETFLIX.

Stevie

Have caught up with season and have really enjoyed it. The first couple of episodes were heavy on the build up and a little dull but it started to progress nicely after that.  It really lacks suspense though as it’s all very familiar….hoping for some big shocks etc in the final two episodes.

1 hour ago, Professor Puzzles said:

I wish they had given Will a better hairstyle for this season.

His hair is the real horror in Stranger Things!

Are the two episodes available now the last of the series or are more being released weekly?

Is this the final series?

13 minutes ago, Ry said:

Are the two episodes available now the last of the series or are more being released weekly?

Is this the final series?

The last two of this series. One more series is planned.

7 minutes ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

Just finished watching the last bit. Eager to see what people here think when theyve caught up.

Just finished myself. 

Enjoyed it. Even though some shit was just lazy writing and very stupid. 

Hmmm, while I have enjoyed every season, that finale was ... hmmm. I still reckon this should have been a one off, or an anthology with a whole new cast and theme every season. 

Good finale. I still maintain that this was the most tired, least enjoyable and most predictable season, but the cast are excellent and really sell the emotional beats.

I think what hurt it most is that there was little character development for the season one characters - there are a lot of characters in general, and some of them were the focus while others were just on the periphery doing little of consequence. In any other show you’d hold this up as a fault, but this is a show with a 2 hour finale episode - it’s not like it was lacking for time to give everyone a crack of the whip; that it didn’t do so in a cohesive way left me feeling - somehow - that it was missing something. 

Spoiler

Nice Michael Myers-style escape for Verna. I thought it would end with him gone, paving the way for a showdown with the Mind Flayer in the final season, but it was not to be. 

I guess they’re setting up Will as a gay character, and he’s worried about what coming out might do to his friendships?

I thoroughly enjoyed it like. Even when it felt long, and maybe a bit lazy in the writing, the art, and music direction was just ridiculous, and ofcourse the characters are S tier.

Really enjoyed it. Yes it was emotionally manipulative with all those heartfelt goodbyes and "I love you man" conversations but still some nice scenes, especially with 

Spoiler

Dustin and Eddie's uncle's conversation about how much of a hero he was.

It did suffer from Return of the King syndrome where I thought it was ending soon but a quick check showed it had 20 minutes left.

8 hours ago, Popo said:

Hide contents

I guess they’re setting up Will as a gay character, and he’s worried about what coming out might do to his friendships?

Spoiler

Its been clear for sometime now hasn't it? That Will got the feels for Mike..?

His whole speech after he shared his art with Mike about how much El needs and loves him, it actually wasn't about El needing Mike at all... he was telling Mike how he feels. Plus Will braking down and crying after.

Throughout the whole speech it was cutting to Jonathans knowing looks in the rear view as he watched it unfold which lead to the speech he gave Will later in the pizza place about how he will always be there for him and accept him no matter what.

I thought it was rather well done. It felt like they made it as clear as they possibly could, without saying the words.

Re: Will

Watched this all yesterday;

Spoiler

Right up until the very end, I was 100% in belief that this was the final season. I think I read over a year ago that the show was 100% ending and somehow presumed this was it. So yeah the ending to me felt very anticlimactic. I was ready for this show to be over I think, even though I felt this was the best season since the first.

I don't know why but the whole Max/Kate Bush stuff really grated on me, it was as if they paid a lot of money to use it and then used it at every possibility. Was also annoyed that they couldn't go through with actually killing Max, it's clearly one of those shows where the main cast is like a 'family' and the writers are too scared to take one of them out of the show. Resulting in every character feeling invincible in a situation that's supposed to be very dangerous. 

It's a good show, I just wish it was a little more dark/bleak for my tastes :D

Wow, what a finale, just incredible TV. I just love these characters so much and I feel a complete emotional wreck after watching that. Watched it with my daughter and her friend and they were bawling their eyes out!

4 hours ago, Capwn said:

Watched this all yesterday;

Hide contents

Right up until the very end, I was 100% in belief that this was the final season. I think I read over a year ago that the show was 100% ending and somehow presumed this was it. So yeah the ending to me felt very anticlimactic. I was ready for this show to be over I think, even though I felt this was the best season since the first.

I don't know why but the whole Max/Kate Bush stuff really grated on me, it was as if they paid a lot of money to use it and then used it at every possibility. Was also annoyed that they couldn't go through with actually killing Max, it's clearly one of those shows where the main cast is like a 'family' and the writers are too scared to take one of them out of the show. Resulting in every character feeling invincible in a situation that's supposed to be very dangerous. 

It's a good show, I just wish it was a little more dark/bleak for my tastes :D

On that point I don’t agree - I think the finale made a good job of setting the stakes and giving the audience a real sense of jeopardy. 

Enjoyable TV junk food but a flabby mess overall.

Spoiler

Lucas and Erica fight the jocks.

Eddie and Dustin fight some bats.

Hopper, Joyce and the others fight some flowerheads.

Eleven and Max fight Vecna in Max's mind.

Steve, Robin and Nancy fight Vecna's physical form.

Vecna explains his origins.

All at the same time. And they sort of fail anyway. The only clear winner is Kate Bush.

Also left wondering what happened to the Russians that rescued Hopper. Owens and the military people pursuing Eleven were just left behind at that bunker. But hey, new series to explain all that.

Oh well.

That was a bunch of overcooked over amplified nonsense but I like it.

Spoiler

That ending felt like the wanted to have their cake (they succeed, lots of reconciliation and hugging and emotional consequences) and eat it (they fail, lots of expensive disasters and a darkest hour final season) and it kind of whiffed it as a result 

When Eddie and Dustin were 

Spoiler

in the Upside Down about to get their rock on, I half expected to hear Old Gods of Asgard.

Enjoyed the finale but I don't think anything in the series tops Episode 4.

Spoiler

It’s impossible but I wish we could have Vecna come back as just a regular guy next season because he’s way more compelling when he’s not gooey. Not that he’s not a compelling Hellraiser reject but he’s a very naturally spooky dude.