Stranger Things IV. NETFLIX.

Stevie

9 hours ago, Azrael said:

For me the issue isn't Dustin hurting his leg, but Hopper un-hurting his ankle. :lol:

Yeah that was weird! Did he actually break his ankle so he could push it out of the chains? If so how the hell was he running around on it?

I was initially hesitant to get started on this series due to the sheer length of the episodes but despite a bit of bloat it didn't feel as much of a slog as I feared, although I would have preferred fewer different strands of the story to jump between for the last lot of episodes. I like the actor who plays Will, after being centre stage for the first season he's just spent the time hanging around at the back getting the shivers and scratching his neck so I hope he does more in the last season than pine after Mike who is the worst. He goes on holiday to see his girlfriend, stands there gawping as she's tormented by bullies for easily long enough for him to step in and then has a go at her for finally retaliating? Is he fuck the heart, let's get those limbs snapped in S5. Robin seemed a bit overly kooky this time but her double act with Nancy was fun, as was Steve or Dustin with everyone stood near them throughout.

I feel this season tried a lot of stuff that it didn’t completely nail, like keeping the gang apart and the long episode runtimes, but the fact they landed it at all is a testament to the craft involved. Doesn’t hurt that it had two absolute moment-of-the-year musical bits either.

How the fuck they wrap this up I dunno, but I’m a bit disappointed that we are once again having to deal with

Spoiler

a straight, white megavirgin being the source of all the mysteries and problems. Could you not have just kept some of the mystery? Could Vecna just be some guy in thrall to some even greater unknowable force?

The series finale will ultimately wind up being two characters with daddy issues gurning and grunting at each other while sticking their hands forward.

Oh yeah and if the next season doesn’t include

Spoiler

Eddie hopping up at the end, giving Dustin the Predator handshake, having the “I was dead, but I got better, I have spent the equivalent of 4000 lifetimes learning to shred, watch this solo” chat, then ripping into a Joe Satriani part that causes Melty McNocock to explode, I will be disappointed.

The first part kinda dragged by the end, but I thought the last two episodes were phenomenal. Superb, and as someone said previously, just like having 2 summer blockbusters!

The only downer was the glorious Eddie scene was spoiled for me in the fucking LEGO thread here on RLLMUK, of all places.

3 hours ago, Purin said:

The first part kinda dragged by the end, but I thought the last two episodes were phenomenal. Superb, and as someone said previously, just like having 2 summer blockbusters!

The only downer was the glorious Eddie scene was spoiled for me in the fucking LEGO thread here on RLLMUK, of all places.

I googled The Duffer brothers to see what else they had made and Google decided that the first thing I needed to see was a major spoiler for the last episode. It’s starting to feel like you have to watch shows the moment they are released to avoid spoilers these days. 

Wow, they really went for the LOTR Return of the King extended edition didn't they? And there were moments where I was expecting "TETSUOOOOOOOOOOOO" "KANEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" but overall it was quite good.

Everyones stanning Eddie but Argyles the real MVP my dude

12 minutes ago, DualSense said:

No way . Steve is the best, Nancy, the Pizza Boys and any of the rest of kids would go before the Steve

Nancy gets a hard time from the net, when there's about four utterly useless lads walking around for the past three seasons.

I'll stan for Steve (and Max too) all day long.

One thing I've hated about this series is it's brought back Musical Youth's Pass the Dutchie - I hated that sodding song back in the day and turns out I hate it just as much now.

On 27/07/2022 at 09:32, Captain Novaforce said:

They should have killed off Steve and kept Eddie

They should have got rid off Jonathan, fucking useless character he did shit all this season apart from smoke a load of dope.

1 hour ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

Does this get better after Season 2? Bloody hell @Papilioand I have found Season 2 to be an absolute slog.

Stick with it. I've never been particularly blown away by Stranger Things but thought that Season 4 was excellent. Weak ending aside it had a couple of moments that are up there with the best bits of the entire series. And whilst some characters have really disappointed (not a fan of any of the Byers family) the majority continue to entertain (Dustin, Max, Eddie, Steve, Murray etc). 

1 hour ago, StumpyJohn said:

Eh?, Jonathan and Will are by far the worst characters

Jonathan, Will and Mike could all be offed without any loss to the series, and probably clear benefit.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Jonathan, Will and Mike could all be offed without any loss to the series, and probably clear benefit.

Yeah, Mike would probably be next to go after Jonathan and Will on my list too, he does at least still do something beyond staring off into the middle distance with a mopey look.