IGNORED

Sony State of Play - Today! 11pm BST (Livestream added to first post)

Sarlaccfood

On 01/06/2022 at 16:47, Mr. Gerbik said:

I feel like I'm the only person on this forum who doesn't care about VR and would be disappointed if the show is mostly PSVR2 :(

I'm happy for you all though :)

Your not alone.

….although yakuza vr

7 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

So, Bloodborne on PC tomorrow then?

I didn't watch it, but I'm just assuming they announced the important announcement finally.

Ha, there was a moment in the stream where the presenter was like 'and now a fan favourite that's finally coming to PC...'

I held my breath. 

It was Spiderman <_<

One thing I feel doesn't get recognised enough while discussing demand for the PS5 and Series consoles is that they are both great boxes to play games on. If you replace your PS4 with a PS5 tomorrow then damn near all your existing games will not only work and run better than they did on the PS4. 

I thought that was a solid show last night. Eternights is clearly not for me but I'd probably try most of the rest of what they showed. 

Like I said the Spiderman trailer was a little weird as it seemed like it was just the first game getting a PC release. 

7 minutes ago, Don Wiskerando said:

I'm not sure that I want hand-tracking in Resident Evil 8 considering the amount of hand-trauma that it contains.

There's a point early on in RE7 where someone holds a knife very close to your eyeball. That was fairly stressful in VR as well.

6 hours ago, robdood said:

Ha, there was a moment in the stream where the presenter was like 'and now a fan favourite that's finally coming to PC...'

I held my breath. 

It was Spiderman <_<

They must have known, and don't care about the mental damage that line caused. :(

12 hours ago, robdood said:

I held my breath. 

It was Spiderman <_<

I think it would be worth it now for Sony to move heaven and earth to get a PC port for Bloodborne, if only because I think it would kill off the bulk of interest in a potential future PS4 emulator. What major exclusives are left?

10 hours ago, Flub said:

There's a point early on in RE7 where someone holds a knife very close to your eyeball. That was fairly stressful in VR as well.

I made the correct decision to nope out of that game then.

Incidentally I've watched the whole State of Play now, and the game I most liked the look of in the tiny selection was actually Rollerdrome.

On 03/06/2022 at 00:50, the_debaser said:

I can go on Amazon right now and buy a series x or switch for delivery tomorrow but not the ps5.

I don’t get it. It’s objectively the worst value of all the consoles, yet not available. Either their manufacturers are rubbish or they sell out in an instant. 

You've made the classic mistake in thinking Joe Bloggs is after a PS5 to play exclusives, when they actually want one so they can pay to play FIFA and CoD or the other major third party multiplatform games, which is what most people seem to buy Sony or Microsoft consoles to do primarily (all the normal people I know of with PS5s pretty much fit that description). The platform holder exclusives are nice additions, rather than the main event for most buyers.

24 minutes ago, mushashi said:

You've made the classic mistake in thinking Joe Bloggs is after a PS5 to play exclusives, when they actually want one so they can pay to play FIFA and CoD or the other major third party multiplatform games, which is what most people seem to buy Sony or Microsoft consoles to do primarily (all the normal people I know of with PS5s pretty much fit that description). The platform holder exclusives are nice additions, rather than the main event for most buyers.

But CoD *is* a platform holder exclusive? :huh:

Comfortly Sony's best SoP imo. Fast-paced and almost everything looked good with some big trailers and reveals. Only games I'm not interested in are Walking Dead (even though the first VR is apparently great) and that anime game.

That SF 6 trailer was fire and The Callisto Protocol is my most anticipated game this year (provided it hits that December release date).

6 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

But CoD *is* a platform holder exclusive? :huh:

Is it? Pretty sure it is available on Sony systems and is marketed as such ;)

And Microsoft have in their infinite 5D Chess wisdom proclaimed it will remain multiplatform when they gain ownership of it and it might even become available on Nintendo systems again.

But that's the usual perennial head-scratching question for some people, why can't you shift all these mindless sheeple who insist on waiting to buy a PS5 instead of going for the easier to get and "better value" alternatives available on the market? If the competition can figure that one out, they'd be laughing.

Is it a marketing problem or is it a #content problem?

Anyway, back on topic, this was a perfectly competent showing, but much like all the other pre-recorded shows not produced by Don Thacker, rather anodyne in presentation.

11 minutes ago, mushashi said:

And Microsoft have in their infinite 5D Chess wisdom proclaimed it will remain multiplatform when they gain ownership of it and it might even become available on Nintendo systems again

They have? I don't keep up with CoD :lol: Well that's a win for everyone who likes shootmans isn't it