What is your favorite game?

Nipe

1 hour ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I've been mulling this over whilst walking around Aldi and you know, I think it might be

IMG_20220519_151341.thumb.jpg.d30a3c67b44358382e6b3496ff0d62bd.jpg

Love this game ❤️

His bike is a disgrace.

1 hour ago, sbrandon111 said:

Enslaved : odyssey to the west

Fantastic story and great gameplay (for the time). Streamlined just enough to stop it from being boring or too complicated. 

Now that's a left-field choice. I liked it a lot, but probably not favourite game ever material for me.

3 hours ago, MansizeRooster said:

What in the name of God is this? It looks incredible.

Enviro-Bear 2000.

It's a bear simulator where you play as a bear driving a car, but you can only control one of his arms and have to work the steering wheel, pedals, and gears with that one arm.  You have to drive through bushes and ponds to get enough fish and berries in order to hibernate.  There are other bears in cars as well, and sometimes other angry woodland creatures get stuck in your car too.  I'm surprised more people haven't picked it as their favorite game, to be honest.

2 hours ago, sbrandon111 said:

Enslaved : odyssey to the west

Fantastic story and great gameplay (for the time). Streamlined just enough to stop it from being boring or too complicated. 

Excellent game. I played through it a few months ago and will definitely do so again. 

The problem I'm having defining my favourite game is it by how much I played it?, or the game which which has impacted me the most?. If amount of hours then surely Streetfighter, or L4D2 would rank highest. Then again I rinsed Resident Evil 4, and Zelda over a handful of times because it just sucked me in and maybe also nostalgia. Difficult to define favourite game if I had to play only one title for the remainder of my life.

7 minutes ago, yakumo said:

The problem I'm having defining my favourite game is it by how much I played it?, or the game which which has impacted me the most?. If amount of hours then surely Streetfighter, or L4D2 would rank highest. Then again I rinsed Resident Evil 4, and Zelda over a handful of times because it just sucked me in and maybe also nostalgia. Difficult to define favourite game if I had to play only one title for the remainder of my life.

Ignore all of that. What is your favourite game? The one you absolutely could not do without?

15 hours ago, SuperCapes said:

Dealers Choice (I really cannot pick one to be honest!)

R (1).png

Imma gunna choose diz for u!

So happy to see Alundra high on favourite lists, it was a cracking game back when it was released and it remains one of my favourite PSone games that still feels fresh and relevant today. It was surprisingly challenging as well and I can still remember the feeling of awe when I completed it, it felt like a big achievement in gaming for me. 

Edit: Just wanted to add that it was a game that came out of the blue for me, when I got it I'd never even heard of it. I just looked on the pictures on the back of the cover and thought it looked like a Zelda clone. I was shocked to find out how good it was. In equal measures, the sequel remains among my biggest letdowns, it was a big pile of turd that never should've been made under the Alundra brand. 

Interesting to think whether my Top 100 vote number 1 (Super Mario 64) would be my choice here.

My favourite game might be something like a Civilization because of the hundreds of hours. Or World of Warcraft because of the 100s of days and group raiding experiences and cluster fucks. Or Pokémon Go for spending basically every waking moment not working out of the house playing with friends for about 2 years.

The last of those didn't even make my top 20. But it still might be my favourite.

So...

fez.thumb.png.cdcbd7d8ef4be4c8718fb4b997c48704.png

21 hours ago, Down by Law said:

MRt8RGZ.gif

It's II, but I love this gif 

Hell yeah!

Shenmue is by far my favourite game, and I've no qualms in arguing why it's the best over and over again.

Not everyone likes it, but it does something that few other games do and with such clear direction. 

Edit: and don't none of you go comparing it to Yakuza now!

evil-within-2-silent-hill-0.png.19c0c5f9b92768ca91c729229a86eb6b.png

Last generation's The Evil Within 2. Absolutely love it, one of my desert island games for sure. In similar vain but already mentioned on previous pages: Days Gone.

18 hours ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

I've been mulling this over whilst walking around Aldi and you know, I think it might be

IMG_20220519_151341.thumb.jpg.d30a3c67b44358382e6b3496ff0d62bd.jpg

Love this game ❤️

I've just started this on PS5 based on this thread. I've no idea why i ignored it for so long, i guess i thought it was just a Last of Us clone with motorbikes. I was very wrong!

36 minutes ago, sbrandon111 said:

I've just started this on PS5 based on this thread. I've no idea why i ignored it for so long, i guess i thought it was just a Last of Us clone with motorbikes. I was very wrong!

If you are enjoying the start, then you are in for one hell of a ride cos it just gets better and better.

I completed it on PS4 Pro, PS5 and 100% on PC Steam and I could still fire it up now and play all day. It's exactly my type of game and pisses all over Ubisoft's post Far Cry 2 output. Strange choice for GOAT maybe, but there's nothing I'd rather do than ride around the Oregon wilds looting and shooting.