She-Hulk: Attorney at Law series coming to Disney + 17th August

Caught up with the last 3 episodes having been on holiday. Enjoyed them all and liking the random lowly comic characters showing up. 

Anyone notice the shoe patterns during one of the episodes' closing credits. Spotted ones based on Deadpool, Cyclops and The Thing among them which was cool little Easter Egg. 

1 hour ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

Why was Jen suddenly so coy with Josh, when in the previous episodes she’s been thirsty for any dick going, like Blanche Devereaux at an astronaut’s convention. 

Because she actually liked him and wasn't just after a fuck. I thought that was pretty clear.  Also, she was not at all thirsty for any dick going, else she'd have fucked this absolute bellend:

image.thumb.png.bd661d704956adf2a1eaecb870d1e25f.png

Spoiler

It's one of the most difficult to believe aspects so far. He was obviously creepy right from his introduction in the wedding episode. Are we expected to also believe that Jen wouldn't have picked up on that also? it's too much plot artifice getting in the way of an actual character they already have that is great that they could allow to breathe on their own terms.

2 hours ago, Benny said:
  Hide contents

It's one of the most difficult to believe aspects so far. 

It's no more unbelievable than being told apparently no one is interested in Just Jen. 

On 29/09/2022 at 20:59, JohnC said:

I like the continuing parade of

Hide contents

low-key supes.

Yeah, in that respect it's the closest thing the MCU has ever done to something like The Tick, Venture Brothers, or Mystery Men.

It gives me 30 Rock vibes when mad shit is going on and I'm watching it but not sure why. Is it the colourful characters? Is it the snappy pace? Are they saying anything that has any meaning? Whats happening again. Oh thats right, I'm watching TV. I think when I'm old and in a home all TV will probably feel like watching this.

2 hours ago, MansizeRooster said:

I'm ashamed to say that the critical drinker is from my home town. My idiot cousin worships the ground he walks on.

He's the equivalent of Jordan Peterson stringing along words and thinking he's a deep intellect. When the reality is he's full of shit.

On 03/10/2022 at 20:31, yakumo said:

Dunking on Critical Drinker is always fun to watch

A video where a YouTuber slags off, sorry.. .critiques… another YouTuber’s slagging off of a single TV episode. 

Fucking hell, talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel. 

Anyway, She Hulk is a bit hit and miss to me. It feels like it wants to be a post-modern take both those 90s Ally McBeal type drama-comedies and modern super hero stuff, but it’s average episode run time means it doesn’t have time to fully explore or flesh out those ideas.

Hey, it’s still breezy fun to watch for 30 minutes or so, but it does feel a bit “Taika Waititi” in that once you get past the glossy premise and pop culture references being thrown around, there really isn’t that much depth to it.

Maybe if it had the gravitas of Russel Crowe doing his League of Gentlemen “Pops” impression as a poorly rendered CGI dream, like that Ally McBeal dancing baby, then it would be better. I mean, it’s not as if they don’t know how to do shitty cgi, right.. RIGHT?