IGNORED

Anne Rice TV Universe Now Being Made By AMC

Bazjam

Don’t think theirs already been a thread for this, so thought I’d start one. AMC bought the TV rights for Anne Rice’s various books before she died earlier this year, and are already filming series for both Interview With The Vampire, and The Mayfair Witches. Both are due for release latter this year.

I loved reading her books back in the nineties, but hadn’t read much of her work since then. But I recently started listening to the audiobook of The Witching Hour, and I’d forgotten just how brilliant it is. I’m excited to see both shows, but The Mayfair Witches in particular could be a fantastic tv series if done right.

A very brief teaser trailer has been released for Interview With A Vampire.

Tom Cruise was such a perfect Lestat, it'll be hard to beat. But It'll be interesting if they can really go to town, jumping across time, back to Lestat's boyhood and his time in Paris. Louis' search for Marius and then whole ancients thing... 

I read the first four or so vampire novels quite recently (after having last read them in the 90s) and they hold up quite well. The modern ones, well are not very modern anymore, but the historic parts are lush, if a little dawdling. It could be very good.

Didn't realise Anne Rice had died tho :( 

1 hour ago, Anne Summers said:

Neither did I, that was kept pretty quiet!

Only read the original Vampire trilogy books and The Vampire Lestat was my favourite. Are the witches books and other stuff she wrote connected?

There's not a huge amount of crossover if memory serves correct, but they are all in the same universe. The Talamasca is the main link.

18 hours ago, ChristopherBloodAxe said:

I read this as Anneka Rice TV universe. I would have been up for that.

That would be a challenge. 

20 hours ago, ChristopherBloodAxe said:

There’s been recent press reports that Channel 5 is working on a reboot of Challenge Anneka, so they’re both potentially true.

20 hours ago, ChristopherBloodAxe said:

Ha. I did similar, except I was thinking Anne Diamond. Lol

Yeah, I stopped around then too. Though I randomly read one of the latter ones (Blackwood Farm I think) and thought it was much better. There’s certainly the potential for 3 or 4 really good seasons based on the early books though. The show runners may have to use a bit of creative license after that.

On 01/05/2022 at 18:56, Halo said:

There’s been recent press reports that Channel 5 is working on a reboot of Challenge Anneka, so they’re both potentially true.

They’ve been saying that for 20 years though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/04/2022 at 22:45, ChristopherBloodAxe said:

On 01/05/2022 at 18:56, Halo said:

On 03/05/2022 at 19:50, deKay said:

They’ve been saying that for 20 years though.

Now confirmed: https://deadline.com/2022/05/paramount-channel-5-challenge-anneka-global-briefs-1235030202/amp/