IGNORED

House of the Dead Remake (Switch / PC / PS4 / XB)

Down by Law

Couldn't find a thread for this. Anyway the Switch version came out two weeks ago ,but performance wise it's rougher than a badgers arse. Now it's been released on PC , PS and XB systems and it looks amazing. There''s a full playthrough of the PC version below but I only watched the first couple of minutes, that gore fountain at 2 minute mark looks hilarious. Compatible with the Sinden lightgun too.

Looks amazing. This was also badly needed since I believe Sega lost the source code for the original arcade version, and the Saturn port is naff as well as expensive.

Good memories of playing the original arcade cab (even though it was very unforgiving!).

Does this Sinden lightgun work with consoles then? I had a quick look at the site but couldn't see how it interfaces with various consoles or even which ones it works with (if any). Also, can you just buy one anywhere or is only available via messing about with crowdfunding?

7 minutes ago, megamixer said:

Looks amazing. This was also badly needed since I believe Sega lost the source code for the original arcade version, and the Saturn port is naff as well as expensive.

Good memories of playing the original arcade cab (even though it was very unforgiving!).

Does this Sinden lightgun work with consoles then? I had a quick look at the site but couldn't see how it interfaces with various consoles or even which ones it works with (if any). Also, can you just buy one anywhere or is only available via messing about with crowdfunding?

I don't have one anymore but still get the email blasts. I think it's still backlogged and they're fulfilling them as quick as poss. 

2 hours ago, megamixer said:

I was under the impression it's PC only going by their IndieGoGo page and the Linus video, I was hoping the same though:

6 hours ago, Darwock said:

How can this even work without a light gun? Does the PS version support move controllers?

Maybe Kinect on Xbox?? YOU ARE THE GUN

Spoiler

Just like other lightgun games, you're probably moving the cursor about with the analogue stick if you have no gunz

6 hours ago, Darwock said:

How can this even work without a light gun? Does the PS version support move controllers?

Forever Entertainment and MegaPixel Studio have confirmed that The House of the Dead Remake will be patched post-launch to include support for PlayStation Move.

This seems like a logical choice, as The House of the Dead is a rail shooter and using the PS Move controller will (hopefully) offer an easier time of blasting zombies to bits than an analogue stick. The original version on Sega Saturn and arcades used a light gun, but this is the next best thing.

It would be nuts not to, considering HOTD 3 and 4 were both Move-supported games and it’s still a valid controller. Really odd that it’s not in from the beginning.

I hope this paves the way for House of the Dead Overkill. Rarely played a game that deliberately bad, it's glorious.

As soon as this gets Move Support it's bought.

edit: the Store page mentions Gyro controls. So that's a good thing surely, much better than moving the cursor with the d-pad/stick

Does the PS version support the motion sensor? Blue Estate used it really well back on PS4.

I bought the Switch version a few weeks back and – after a LOT of tweaking the motion controls and activating auto reload – it actually plays pretty well with the Joycon.

Tl;dr: I fucking love light gun games.

From the PS Store.

Motion/Gyro controls are there, but since this is the PS4 version I do not know if the PS5 Dual Sense gyro is supported (I assume it it).

1930019683_Schermafbeelding2022-04-29om09_34_22.thumb.png.8a5d8bb4df95cd69d245b4ed7a8576e9.png

Damn. I bought the Switch version on release knowing it had performance issues, but I desperately wanted to play it. Looks like I’ll be double-dipping for the PlayStation version if that’s getting Move support.

With the PC version, the next best thing to a Sinden lightgun would be setting up a large virtual screen in VR and using the Oculus controller to mimic the mouse.

I’ve tried that with Model 2 emulation in the past and while it’s not perfect, it’s certainly functional.

The Move was horrible imo. I had one solely for the PS3 update of Overkill but it was never used for anything else so I had to get rid of it as all the extra wires with the camera just got on my nerves in the end. It never felt very accurate either and looked stupid with that big glowing ball on the end!

(had no idea it was PS4 compatible either!)

I'm glad that we got a few decent hits on the Wii such as Ghost Squad, Overkill, and HotD 2&3.

On 29/04/2022 at 14:48, Girth Certificate said:

in VR

does the woman at the first boss still yell DON'T COME!! and then get hilariously smashed into wall?

Gunblade NY and LA Machineguns in VR

image.png.137aef980cac87470cc76a028d9a53c8.png

22 hours ago, megamixer said:

The Move was horrible imo. I had one solely for the PS3 update of Overkill but it was never used for anything else so I had to get rid of it as all the extra wires with the camera just got on my nerves in the end. It never felt very accurate either and looked stupid with that big glowing ball on the end!

(had no idea it was PS4 compatible either!)

I'm glad that we got a few decent hits on the Wii such as Ghost Squad, Overkill, and HotD 2&3.

I thought the move was good for the lightgun games (I played on PS3) and seemed pretty accurate, also looked a damn sight better than the Wii versions. There was the Resident Evil gun games on there and Dead Space.