IGNORED

Easy achievements/points for Microsoft Rewards

dumpster

You don't want to pay for Gamepass.  You want 12,000 points a month for free Gamepass.

It's the last night of this week's Microsoft Rewards, you have a 28 week streak but you need three achievements and you're drunk on gin and you need 200 points and you need to sleep... You're about to lose your streak.  This is the thread for you.  Gamepass games that make it easy to get your streak on.

I'll start.  

Capcom Arcade comes with 1942 for free (the whole thing is free, you pay for other games).  Start the game and hit rewind at any point for an achievement.  Lose your lives for another achievement.  Start a score attack game for a third achievement.  Go to bed.

MLB Baseball.  Play and it throws achievements at you. You'll get three in 5 minutes just by starting a game.

Taiko Drum Master. Again, throws achiements at you.  By the time you have done one song after the tutorial you will have about 10 achievements.

A Memoir Blue is about 90 minutes long and you can easily get 1000 achievement points in that time with the use of a guide.

Gorogoa is also a couple of hours long, really fun and easy to get the full 1000.

The true MVP in this space though is Townscaper as others have mentioned, it absolutely shits achievements.

8 hours ago, dreamylittledream said:

Killer Instinct - you get a achievement for a win with every character, one for 3 wins or so and another for a win in survival mode. Turning down the AI is your friend here.

Just to expand on this. The easiest ones are:

1 win

1 survival mode win 

3 ish wins - you actually need to get each character to level 3, at which point you unlock a skin / colour

10 survival wins (this takes ten to fifteen minutes on easy)

30 fight challenges (even button mashing, you'll get this before you complete the 10 survival wins)

You can do this for each character, there's 29 characters, so there's 145 achievements there

Depending on how you play, you might hit the 80 fight challengers for each character - another 29.

If you have a pad with autofire - I have a Hori 360 fight and a Brook adaptor - and a rubber band  you can also do the 200 fights per character fairly easily. You just need to do a VS match on the hardest setting, preferably against Spinal, unassign A in the control screen, turn autofire on, wrap the band around your pad so it holds down A and walk away for a few hours. There's another 29.

There's also a fairly easy "do this move" for each character.

More info here: https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Killer-Instinct/achievements

It's actually a really decent game to farm achievements, there are literally hundreds with very little effort.

Rare Replay - you get an achievement for starting each game, with a couple of achievements for playing all in a series. And there's a fairly easy challenge for each game (snapshots, I think they're called).

Golf with Your Friends - there's an achievement for completing a round of the normal Classic mode on each course, one each for: change the rules and complete a round and complete each of the game modes on any course. You can pause and forfeit each hole and you'll complete a round in about 5 minutes.

Use this guide for The Procession to Calvary: 

You can do it ten minutes a day until you get all the achievements. It's also worth going through the game, it's pretty funny.

Similarly, if you use guides for Day of the Tentacle and Full Throttle, they can be done a bit at a time and it's actually a fun way to experience the story in both of them.

Townscaper has a good chunk of easy ones, as does Space Warlord Organ Harvesting Sim. Just use guides. 

If you can stand them, or want to play with your kids - Paw Patrol and Race With Ryan have a full set of easy ones, you'll have them done in a couple of sessions.

Ah now, is this gaming as a hobby or as a very poorly paying job? 

I use the rewards stuff myself but deciding what to "play" in order to earn pennies per hour is taking it too far I reckon. 

11 minutes ago, bear said:

Ah now, is this gaming as a hobby or as a very poorly paying job? 

I use the rewards stuff myself but deciding what to "play" in order to earn pennies per hour is taking it too far I reckon. 

I only really go for achievements on games I actually enjoy playing. I really like Killer Instinct and pretty much everything is an enjoyable thing to do - baring the ones where you set it going and walk away. Similarly, Golf With Your Friends is a really good game, it's worth playing through all the courses and modes. I liked going through all the games on Rare Replay. Procession to Calvary, DoTT and Full Throttle are games where you don't really miss out by playing with a guide. PtC especially is a good laugh to just play through a bit at a time and laugh at the ridiculousness.

If I know I'll only have 10 minutes or so to play, I may target an Achievement ion a game I like and get that. Which I actually enjoy doing. I tend to obsess about games and like to use the Achievements as little (or not so little) challenges, once I've played the main bit of the game enough. Sad, I know, but I find I can't play aimlessly, I always need that defined challenge, with something to tell me I've done it.

Play any of the Telltale games. Each give you an achievement for finishing a chapter. Some dont take long.

I have a long list of games that take minimum time to get 1000 that im hanging off on for when the 10000 reward point bonus inevitably drops.

3 minutes ago, Ry said:

Play any of the Telltale games. Each give you an achievement for finishing a chapter. Some dont take long.

I have a long list of games that take minimum time to get 1000 that im hanging off on for when the 10000 reward point bonus inevitably drops.

Actually we haven't had one of those for a good while now have we. 

Two freebies in the store that chuck achievements at you (and are easy completions)

Island Saver - Surprisingly addictive kids "shooter" from Natwest about saving money and the environment (yeah sounds weird but it kind of works). There is paid DLC with proceeds donated to a kids charity if you want more.

Korgan - Bland Diablo Clone which can be done in no time.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is so helpful - none of the games I'm playing have any achievements on the horizon and I was desperate to keep my 28 week streak going so thanks, hivemind! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

360 games absolutely do count towards rewards, I've often been playing a 360 game and picked up my 3 achievements for the weekly set, etc.

There's a disconnect in a few places between what Microsoft say, and the actual reality. One of these was discussed earlier - they ask you to do searches "in the app", but there's no requirement to do so and merely using Bing on whatever browser you like is fine. This is another - the wording is always along the lines of "Get 3 achievements on any Xbox One game", but achievements in 360 games (or, for that matter, Series S/X only titles) work just fine.

As an aside, Avatar would be ideal if Microsoft resume the Gamerscore = Points monthly challenge, but as there's only five achievements in the entire game and it's the number of achievements that typically matter in MS Rewards, there are better games out there.