F1 22

Valver

7 minutes ago, wev said:

Have you got traction control on or off? I read somewhere that Norris has said that having it off the cars are more sensitive and that having it on is "closer" to how the cars feel irl

Off, my instinct is not to use it but maybe it's worth a try.  I doubt I'll be playing it again (I've used the free trial, so no hassles if it doesn't work out) if they don't improve the VR performance, but I'll give TC a go if that happens.

1 minute ago, davejm said:

I also play in 60hz, but I do for all games in the Reverb G2.   I can't use any form of image smoothing (I notice it always, and hate it) so image quality needs to take too much of a hit for 90hz.  So it's 60fps in all games for me.  Seems fine and much better than trying to attain 90fps.

That's really interesting, thanks very much Dave!  I'd never even considered using the 60fps mode, but it makes sense it would give you more overhead and potentially a smoother experience in VR.  I'll give it a go on AMS2 later and see how it feels 😊

Do you use the best quality or performance setting for the resolution?  It's the setting that's right next to the refresh rate in the menu.

1 minute ago, SharkyOB said:

Do you use the best quality or performance setting for the resolution?  It's the setting that's right next to the refresh rate in the menu.

Best quality.  If you use the performance setting then the headset does it's own resolution scaling, and I don't think it's very efficient.  I'd rather have a fixed resolution and then make adjustments in-game.

1 hour ago, Thor said:

That just highlights how unrealistic the handling model is. :( 

Agreed.

I'm not too fussed tbh, I'm not some super human and I'm playing on a pad, I just play it because I like it.

I've stopped playing it online though, it's just not worth the stress.