IGNORED

Game ID - "it's like GoodReads for games"

BlackHoodedCrow

Downloaded and installed. I like the clean interface and the considerate black background for night browsing. :D I might see if I can make some lists based on the forum's old GOTY polls...

I know a few of us on here love an excuse to make lists, so hopefully this gets some attention.

I’ve been using GameTrak but this looks really good. 

Gametrack has a similar concept but the wish list / date tracking seems a bit sketchy. I’ll give this one a try. 

Serious question, does anyone outside the games industry use moby games?  All I’ve ever used it for is to look up people’s credits, and even then take it with a pinch of salt as my own are incomplete.

16 minutes ago, The Bag said:

Serious question, does anyone outside the games industry use moby games?  All I’ve ever used it for is to look up people’s credits, and even then take it with a pinch of salt as my own are incomplete.

I occasionally use it if a new game is announced by a big studio that has particularly reputable producers or directors - e.g. the likes of Square, or Platinum.

I use it occasionally if I’ve played a retro game and I’m curious where the people wound up. One of the composers on Castlevania CotM wound up most of the Metal Gear games and now Halo.

The problem with this system, and every other similar system ever, is that they never have all the games on it. And those it does, it doesn't have on all the platforms.

I’m really enjoying using this, been after a nicely designed site or app for this purpose. Would be good if you could customise what you can see on the bottom menu and would be good to have a place submit feedback on missing games, but otherwise this is tidy, thanks. I’m sure you’re working on an android version.

The UX is really nice, especially on marking as played and adding review scores, nice work. 

On 22/04/2022 at 12:33, deKay said:

The problem with this system, and every other similar system ever, is that they never have all the games on it. And those it does, it doesn't have on all the platforms.

That's not a problem as long as the system allows users to add their own entries — ideally allowing them to base it on a template for when it's simply a missing version of a game — with no limit on what they add for their personal list, but also allowing them to submit their entries (and edits to existing entries) to the core database for review.

(I have no idea if this app allows for that because, well, iOS only)

I use GAMEYE (IOS) at the moment, it’s the best one I’ve come across as it uses https://thegamesdb.net/ so it’s easy to add games if you need to etc. and I use #tags as the equivalent to lists. It’s a bit clunky, not the nicest to look and does have a few performance issues at times.

I do really like the look of this though, it could do with a few more in-built lists e.g. Platform/Console and ability to search on the categories it has assigned e.g. Racing, Adventure. It’s also going to do my head in if I can’t order my list of lists 😜.

Would like to see a proper iPad version too.