IGNORED

Edge 370

Qazimod

Ooh, that makes me a lot more interested in Triangle Strategy than before, exciting stuff! No idea what Flintlock is, so that's interesting to me too — though the hideous old man horned rat thing on the cover isn't exactly selling it to me.

4 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Crazy month for shit-hot games man. I’ll be getting that Triangle Strategy and Kirby for whenever Elden Ring is done, whenever the flip that’ll be.

I just took an elevator in the middle of nowhere and ended up in a massive new area - at that point I accepted that I'll be playing this game for years most likely. And I'm very happy about that.

A note for anyone else wondering: Elden Ring's coverage includes comments along the lines of "60 hours in and we're still not finished". Just in case you were feeling dispirited by your triple-figure hour count and meagre progress. Ahem.

2 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

A note for anyone else wondering: Elden Ring's coverage includes comments along the lines of "60 hours in and we're still not finished". Just in case you were feeling dispirited by your triple-figure hour count and meagre progress. Ahem.

Before release I read in a tweet one reviewer put "I'm 45 hours in and it's still opening up" I was like..... only 45?

At the risk of this turning into yet more forum ER coverage: the thing about the game is whenever you think you get a handle of its sheer size and depth and how far through you might be, it just keeps seeming bigger each time and the goal even further, like that staircase in Mario 64.

19 minutes ago, Stanley said:

That’s the first ten in about five years, I think? (Breath of The wild & Odyssey being the last ones)

Most recent were Red Dead Redemption 2 (2018) and Dreams (2020), according to Wikipedia.

25 minutes ago, Wiper said:

Ooh, that makes me a lot more interested in Triangle Strategy than before, exciting stuff! No idea what Flintlock is, so that's interesting to me too — though the hideous old man horned rat thing on the cover isn't exactly selling it to me.

Flintlock is the new game from the team that made Ashen.

25 minutes ago, Stanley said:

That’s the first ten in about five years, I think? (Breath of The wild & Odyssey being the last ones)

Dreams was the last one, 2020. :)