IGNORED

I never knew that guy was also that guy!

American actors who are based in the UK tend to appear in all sorts of random stuff, i.e. Apone from Aliens turning up in Desmond's and Grange Hill, Gorman turning up in Drop the Dead Donkey, etc.

1 hour ago, K said:

American actors who are based in the UK tend to appear in all sorts of random stuff, i.e. Apone from Aliens turning up in Desmond's and Grange Hill, Gorman turning up in Drop the Dead Donkey, etc.

Mac McDonald is another good example of a UK-based American actor who's been in both blockbuster movies shot in the UK (Aliens extended cut, Batman, Superman IV, The Fifth Element) and UK TV series (Red Dwarf, Black Books, Spooks).

On 13/06/2022 at 11:29, K said:

I was floored today to discover that the guy who plays Master Chief in the Halo TV series, Pablo Schreiber, was Nick Sobotka in the Wire. There was a Guardian interview with him today where the sub-heading referred to him being in the Wire, and I assumed he'd played a random cop or heavy or similar. I had no idea he was Nicky, that's blown my mind a bit.

I would never watch a Halo TV series, but it's been so long since I last saw The Wire that I thought Nick Sobotka was this dude, Frank.

Frank_Sobotka.jpg.db408f659bc50534dc73a0f9ad3fb5f7.jpg

He really would have been a surprising choice for Master Chief.

I've kind of had the opposite happen. I'm watching The Rookie and thought Aaron Ashmore was in it. It took several episodes to realise it wasn't him, but Shawn Ashmore, his identical twin brother. So I never knew that guy wasn't also that guy!

On 27/05/2022 at 00:34, Mikes said:

I'm rewatching Alien3 ATM. I hadn't seen it since just after release.  I didn't realise A) Charles Dance was in it, but also B) This guy:

wyr4o5XHDG0NZYGQp-KuuKIj2_KPeq_nyJs__9Kq

Is also this guy:

MV5BOTg1NjZjMDEtMWQxMy00ODk4LWJkOTItZDk5

I realised as soon as he said "I have a job" and my brain autonatically inserted "I had to kill the shopowner with his own shoes".

You know that the first choice for the Charles Dance role was Richard E Grant, which would have (along with Paul McGann who plays Gollick) made Alien3 a three person Withnail reunion?

Richard Griffiths would probably have been a bit shit as the xenomorph though.

On 15/06/2022 at 16:44, Plissken said:

And the stereotypical pencil neck from City Hall in Cobra.

It’s oddly ironic that Robinson plays the police chief in Cobra, given his role in Dirty Harry – I mean, Cobra is arguable a twisted coked-up ‘80s remake of Dirty Harry. If you think about it.

Kramer from Seinfeld is in the first Terminator

ygjjfv1.jpg

iKXFbgo.png

Spoiler

Yeah alright, no, but I dashed off to the internet-mobile when I rewatched the film recently

On 16/06/2022 at 13:19, Doctor Shark said:

No, but did you know Frank was also Dubov in Face/Off?

305B5041-19EC-41E9-B113-9EE74E1EF69C.jpeg.5dafcbe522e352c40e381867a2ed4a58.jpeg

Didn't realise pre-MCU Chris Pratt was in it either.

1 hour ago, Straps said:

Kramer from Seinfeld is in the first Terminator

ygjjfv1.jpg

Wait a second - that guy on the right is Brian Thompson:

MV5BMTcyYTRkZGMtYjg4OC00YTI5LWI3MzAtOWMw

He was in the running for the role of the Termintor at inception, and James Cameron used him as s prop to get the go ahead for the movie. He dressed him up in leathers and sunglasses and just had him sit in the meeting and stare at the exacts while he explained how an unstoppable robot that looked like a person would be terrifying.

On 15/06/2022 at 17:24, Davros sock drawer said:

This one used to drive me mad as I recognised the voice whenever my gf would watch this years ago:

4AD97D36-5CAC-424B-A962-F1C960755AE7.jpeg.13e690db3bf5d18151104dd81172c370.jpeg

“It puts the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again Monk…”

924C06C1-D904-4784-8195-F1CF8419E2E1.jpeg.8befecaf7bfcce48401869042058f78a.jpeg

Jon Bon Jovi?