Ms. Marvel - Disney+

Chindie

35 minutes ago, RK1D said:

I mean I like this but if you take away the cultural stuff they cram into every episode the story is paper thin.... 

I don’t see that as an issue.

Still enjoying it a lot but... I miss Nakia and Bruno!

Also the bad guys and fight sequences are a bit lame, but I guess both of those are more a problem with MCU TV series in general.

I'm loving this. It's by far the best of the MCU shows for me at this point.

I'm impressed at the amount of location filming they did for the episode too, assuming the Volume hasn't just had a very big upgrade. :D

Felt that was the weakest from a story and character perspective of the four. Visually the nicest, though, due largely to Karachi.

But it’s still all very lovely, of course.

I am still enjoying this, but have noticed there are less and less of the Edgar Wright style flourishes, and it looks very much like a bog-standard Marvel tv show now.

12 hours ago, Thor said:

Also, come on dude, your use of the term "crammed in" for the inclusion of Pakistani culture - in a show where the lead character is a girl of Pakistani origin - is not exactly a good look. 😐

Sorry to be thick here, but I didn't understand this comment. Likely I have somehow been unaware of some unpleasant phrase or fact here, but I'm curious as to what the connection between "crammed in" and Pakistani culture is.

34 minutes ago, Purin said:

I am still enjoying this, but have noticed there are less and less of the Edgar Wright style flourishes, and it looks very much like a bog-standard Marvel tv show now.

I think that's fair. The first few episodes had loads of those cheeky and fun moments and it really added to the overall vibe.

Just now, NickC said:

Sorry to be thick here, but I didn't understand this comment. Likely I have somehow been unaware of some unpleasant phrase or fact here, but I'm curious as to what the connection between "crammed in" and Pakistani culture is.

Crammed in implies something is forced in, which in turn implies the "cultural stuff" doesn't actually belong in a show about superheroes. 

Can we whinge about the bad guys or is that petty? I mean I know rubbish bad guys is Marvel's speciality, but..

Spoiler

The Djinn are rubbish.

• Wait 100s of years to find bracelet, but can't be bothered waiting more than about 5 minutes to decide to escalate to violence.
  • No concept of planning. Lets attack the wedding with loads of people in the way and multiple exist Vs I don't know, attack her when she's at home on her own or sleeping. Or anywhere else really.
  • Escape from super ultra max high security prison, where rather than having I don't know.. sensible security provisions and lots of guards watching at all times with those rather effective zap guns; just chain people to an overhead rail, leave their feet free and have like one dude with them but stick him at the front so he can't even see them as he leads them around because that won't lead to him getting surprised and overpowered. Oh wait, yes it will.
  • Super dangerous magical djinn people, get arses handed to them by middle aged guy with martial arts and some throwing knives. If they meet anyone with a handgun they're screwed.
  • Secret red dagger hideout, easy access via fully glass roof that people can jump through. 

Less bad guys next episode please, more mystery. Actually think her and Bruno would work really well in a more scooby doo format that focuses on the mystery rather than a little bit of mystery and quite a lot of bad guys who need punching.

I don't think anyone will disagree that the bad guys are the weakest element of the series. Little to no character development with the exception of Kamran, and he's more of a grey area. The actual baddies are just a bit naff. 

I bet the guy who designed the prisoner transport walkways so close to the unguarded back door rubbish collection area is feeling pretty silly right now. 

12 hours ago, NickC said:

What I meant was, it feels like most of each episode is taken up by the cultural stuff at the expense of plot... such as, while the wedding was good, I would have preferred 2 minutes less if that and 2 minutes more on the bad guys switching from wanting to help to murdering ger whole family in 20 seconds...ffs. 

This was great, the history is a hige part of the story, hence the ending. Excellent that a Marvel show can actually have some history in it.

The 'Edgar Wright' stuff at the start will presumably be back when the episode one directors do the last episode (they did the first and last).

Another good episode, but it was a bit of an exposition dump. Still, the finale next week should be interesting given...

Spoiler

... that the big bads are dead now - very poor effects on those skeletons! But it looks like it's setting up Kamran as ... a villain/rival to Khan? How are they going to wrap this up with just one episode left?

5 hours ago, Thor said:

Another good episode, but it was a bit of an exposition dump. Still, the finale next week should be interesting given...

Hide contents

... that the big bads are dead now - very poor effects on those skeletons! But it looks like it's setting up Kamran as ... a villain/rival to Khan? How are they going to wrap this up with just one episode left?

Re. your spoiler, I thought I was watching the original Blade! Shocking.

Good ep tho. Was really hoping 

Spoiler

Kamala's nan was going to twig it was her. Nice to see the reaction of her mum tho.