IGNORED

Ms. Marvel - Disney+

Chindie

This is shite. It's like a Disney Channel version of Eastenders for the most part. The miniscule amount of genre contained within is moving at a snail's pace too.

25 minutes ago, drmick said:

This is shite. It's like a Disney Channel version of Eastenders for the most part. The miniscule amount of genre contained within is moving at a snail's pace too.

Yeah you’re really not getting the point of the series there.

Great stuff. A bit Basil Exposition on the partition, but I guess a non-Brit/South Asian audience might need the primer, though it was clunky.

A minor quibble in an otherwise excellent second outing.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Yeah you’re really not getting the point of the series there.

Is the point of the series some sort of Home and Away with New Jersey muslims but set in the MCU but with barely anything to do with the MCU?

2 minutes ago, Delargey said:

If that's your take away, it's just not for you buddy. That's fine - it's not your cup of tea.

That's a fair assessment. I love the MCU- but I have found all of the Disney+ shows subpar. Thankfully the cinematic releases have still been decent, perhaps with the exception of Eternals. But even then I enjoyed that more than all the Disney+ shows.

Of the Disney+ show Ms Marvel has been the worst in my opinion. That's likely not going to change unless an A-list MCU character shows up.

18 hours ago, jonamok said:

Hmmm. Eternals better than Hawkeye? Better than Wandavision? Really, though?

I found Wandavision to be a big let down. I forgot about Hawkeye to be honest- but I mostly remember the crap bits of it unfortunately. With Eternals I was, we all were, appropriately forewarned before going in.

21 hours ago, jonamok said:

Great stuff. A bit Basil Exposition on the partition, but I guess a non-Brit/South Asian audience might need the primer, though it was clunky.

A minor quibble in an otherwise excellent second outing.

I'm British and have very little knowledge of the partition and found it useful. As with every other shitstorm we've left around the world during various occupations, it's never really been taught in schools as they're too busy teaching about crop rotation and the spinning jenny.

edit - Should add that this is the most fun Marvel have been for a while.

Spoiler

It was obvious Kamran was up to something though.

23 hours ago, drmick said:

That's a fair assessment. I love the MCU- but I have found all of the Disney+ shows subpar. Thankfully the cinematic releases have still been decent, perhaps with the exception of Eternals. But even then I enjoyed that more than all the Disney+ shows.

Of the Disney+ show Ms Marvel has been the worst in my opinion. That's likely not going to change unless an A-list MCU character shows up.

Black Widow and Eternals better than the D+ shows? Really?

All the A List MCU characters that aren’t Thor and Spidey have retired or died. 

3 hours ago, cubik said:

I'm British and have very little knowledge of the partition and found it useful. As with every other shitstorm we've left around the world during various occupations, it's never really been taught in schools as they're too busy teaching about crop rotation and the spinning jenny.

edit - Should add that this is the most fun Marvel have been for a while.

Reveal hidden contents

It was obvious Kamran was up to something though.

First time I heard about the partition was from the doctor who episode a few years back. 

1 hour ago, Broker said:

Black Widow and Eternals better than the D+ shows? Really?

All the A List MCU characters that aren’t Thor and Spidey have retired or died. 

People keep quoting me as saying Eternals is "better" than the Disney+ shows- reread my posts, dudes.

Black Widow- it is better than the Disney plus shows. I even posted that in the Black Widow thread at the time- though off the top of my head I'm not sure how far along we were with Disney plus shows.

6 hours ago, drmick said:

People keep quoting me as saying Eternals is "better" than the Disney+ shows- reread my posts, dudes.

Uh....

Thankfully the cinematic releases have still been decent, perhaps with the exception of Eternals. Buy even then I enjoyed that more than all the Disney+ shows.

Anyway, two episodes in and I am loving this show. My white, middle class teenage  white son bounced hard off of the first episode but gave episode 2 a pop and enjoyed it more. He's still finding it hard to see the hook.

Good! Not everything has to be for him, the little fascist.

Episode 2 was wonderful. That its predominantly world building episode was essentially "Muslims!" was fucking wonderful, both for what it means to the people who need to see that shit in the MCU, and for what it means to the people who don't want to see that shit in the MCU.

I am beyond ashamed that even now we don't talk openly about the partition I'm that way in the West. It seems like it may be a holocaust level event to an entire people, but just a footnote in our history?

It was a hopefully essential piece of exposition against what is going to happen in the rest of the series. 

This is great. Its not at the Obi-Wan or The Boys level of 'must watch as soon as airs' right now but I love that its taking its time with this character, not because its padding things out but because there is such a rich and important history to everything associated with her. Iman Vellani is an absolute star. The producers really must be pinching themselves landing her because she is incredible. I will need to watch that behind-the-scenes thing @Mogster as it sounds like it really hits on just how perfect she is as Kamala.

Spoiler

The scene where she comes home from the party after the car journey and is dancing around the house was brilliant. Was smiling all the way through that.

It definitely needs a 'threat' going forward and I think they are starting to move toward that but I'm confident it will do everything it needs to at the right time :)

5 hours ago, Pelekophoros said:

Uh....

Anyway, two episodes in and I am loving this show. My white, middle class teenage  white son bounced hard off of the first episode but gave episode 2 a pop and enjoyed it more. He's still finding it hard to see the hook.

Good! Not everything has to be for him, the little fascist.

Episode 2 was wonderful. That its predominantly world building episode was essentially "Muslims!" was fucking wonderful, both for what it means to the people who need to see that shit in the MCU, and for what it means to the people who don't want to see that shit in the MCU.

I am beyond ashamed that even now we don't talk openly about the partition I'm that way in the West. It seems like it may be a holocaust level event to an entire people, but just a footnote in our history?

It was a hopefully essential piece of exposition against what is going to happen in the rest of the series. 

You have quoted my post- I think you intend it as proof of inconsistency on my part. But there isn't any. I have not stated Eternals is better than all the Disney+ shows, but I certainly enjoyed it better than them.

Anyway- Here's hoping ep3 ups the ante a good bit next week.

Y

7 minutes ago, drmick said:

You have quoted my post- I think you intend it as proof of inconsistency on my part. But there isn't any. I have not stated Eternals is better than all the Disney+ shows, but I certainly enjoyed it better than them.

Anyway- Here's hoping ep3 ups the ante a good bit next week.

I think you're just arguing semantics. "I never said better! But I enjoyed them much more". #yawn

So you think Ms Marvel is better than Black Widow and Eternals, but you enjoyed Black Widow and Eternals more? What?

Here's hoping you give up watching Ms Marvel.

13 hours ago, drmick said:

Black Widow- it is better than the Disney plus shows. I even posted that in the Black Widow thread at the time- though off the top of my head I'm not sure how far along we were with Disney plus shows.

Sheer madness. Black Widow is shit.

5 hours ago, MardiganX said:

This is great. Its not at the Obi-Wan or The Boys level of 'must watch as soon as airs' right now but I love that its taking its time with this character, not because its padding things out but because there is such a rich and important history to everything associated with her. Iman Vellani is an absolute star. The producers really must be pinching themselves landing her because she is incredible. I will need to watch that behind-the-scenes thing @Mogster as it sounds like it really hits on just how perfect she is as Kamala.

Hide contents

The scene where she comes home from the party after the car journey and is dancing around the house was brilliant. Was smiling all the way through that.

It definitely needs a 'threat' going forward and I think they are starting to move toward that but I'm confident it will do everything it needs to at the right time :)

I think the threat is going to be the powers.

2 hours ago, Pelekophoros said:

Y

I think you're just arguing semantics. "I never said better! But I enjoyed them much more". #yawn

So you think Ms Marvel is better than Black Widow and Eternals, but you enjoyed Black Widow and Eternals more? What?

Here's hoping you give up watching Ms Marvel.

He means that Ms Marvel is a better made project but he enjoyed those MCU because the teen focus of Ms Marvel isn't to his person taste.

15 minutes ago, Delargey said:

He means that Ms Marvel is a better made project but he enjoyed those MCU because the teen focus of Ms Marvel isn't to his person taste.

But he also qualified that he did think Black Widow was better.

Like I said, semantics.