IGNORED

Ms. Marvel - Disney+

Chindie

16 minutes ago, Thor said:

First episode today. :)

I avoided all trailers and news, so its good then right?. Was going to watch Obi but Ms Marvel was one of my favourite modern runs.

5 minutes ago, SuperFamiTom said:

That was great. Does it matter that they've changed her powers? Not really. They've got the important things right.

She still seems to have the stretchy ones anyway

29 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Being review bombed already. Who would have thought a show about a brown teenage girls who's also a muslim would get review bombed. Like fucking clockwork. 🙄

Fucking incels.

I knew this was due soon but hadn't realised it was out today. Loved it - Fun from start to finish and a real Scott Pilgrim/Spiderverse vibe to it.

Unlike most Marvel releases, I don't know who the big baddy is going to be and I'm quite glad there might be some actual surprises in store.

As for the review bombing, I don't know why anyone takes the viewer scores on aggregate sites seriously anymore when all they seem to do is collect and amplify the opinions of toxic arseholes. What a strange world we live in.

Did anyone else find the dialogue was quite low in the audio mix? There was quite a lot of rapid-fire dialogue in there which probably didn’t help, but it might just be my knackered old-man’s-hearing to blame.

Thought it was excellent, loved all the comicy stuff she’s imagining.

And the family stuff is brilliant.

Got absolutely no idea where it’s going.

There's basically a cottage industry of dickheads deriding the LoTR show because it's got non-evil brown people in it, of course a TV show focused on a brown teenage girl who happens to be Muslim has people gunning for it. It could be the greatest piece of televisual art ever made and the moron mob would be destroying it for focusing on an Asian girl.

44 minutes ago, FishyFish said:

Did anyone else find the dialogue was quite low in the audio mix? There was quite a lot of rapid-fire dialogue in there which probably didn’t help, but it might just be my knackered old-man’s-hearing to blame.

I agree it did seem very quiet and I had to have the volume control considerably higher than I normally would. Although I too also have old man hearing. 

I've enjoyed some Marvel shows and been disappointed by some, often at the same time.

This was fucking fantastic and I was grinning from ear to ear throughout.  The colour palette is a character of its own and the family are all nicely drawn.  

Serious spoiler

Spoiler

Hulk dad was heartwarming then heartbreaking within seconds.    Every parent dreads being told exactly how embarrassing they are.

Great stuff Marvel.   Please let your directors and showrunners off the leash more often.

Oh, there's a post credits scene everyone, in case you missed it.

Spoiler

Looks like the cop from No Way Home is in this.

Edit: Mid credits really...

If you're a fan of the comics I think you'll enjoy this. I loved the comics for the richness of the backgrounds and I think they have captured that feeling.

Kamala is excellent - I can't believe that's her first acting role (maybe - her first big one anyway). Her family are really charming too.

Just finished the first episode. It was absolutely fantastic.

Dare I say it, one of the very, very best Marvel hero origin stories. Add in an act two and three as good as that, and you have a blockbuster movie.

This was great, I’m a fan of the comics and I enjoyed the changes they’ve made to bring it to screen. Finally some directorial flair in a Marvel TV show. The presentation is a wreck though, it’s incredibly dim in Dolby Vision (even the subtitles are dim, eh?) and the audio track is really quiet, especially the dialogue. Disney needs to upload a repack methinks.

I've been rereading the comics recently and there were some great little, and not so little nods to those in the show, including some full on dialogue. :)

I loved the episode. I think it's by far the strongest opening to any of these Marvel shows so far, and absolutely did justice to the comics. Superb!

1 minute ago, Mogster said:

I've been rereading the comics recently and there were some great little, and not so little nods to those in the show, including some full on dialogue. :)

I've not read the comics for s while- what are the nods?

Little aside, but there was a ton of cool merch I want at the Avergercon scenes. And there's also lot's of little easter eggs like an 'America's Ass' poster, which was a blink and you'll  miss it moment,