IGNORED

Pacman Museum Plus - out soon.

It doesn't. But then I didn't have screen tearing on PC until I dailed the refresh rate down to 60hz from 120hz. I noticed on the PC GP store page it mentions '60fps+'...

Screen tearing on Pac-Land in 2022. The fuck is this? :(

I also noticed that it mentions 60fps+ on the XB store too. So I guess the solution is to upgrade your display :lol:

19 hours ago, geldra said:

I thought DX was nowhere near as fun as CE though I agree it’s odd it’s not included. May be because it’s already on that other Namco Museum collection on Switch? 

edit: everyone needs to try Pacman Arrange. It’s an all timer. 

No, I don't think DX is on any collections at all. The always put CE on things but never DX.

15 minutes ago, fat flatulent git said:

The swimming pools in Pac-Land get me every fucking time.

Needs stick. Or the PC Engine controls where left and right are mapped to buttons.

7 hours ago, dumpster said:

The controller lag on Pacland is quite unbelievable.  Playing on Xbox and its just broken. Dreadful. 

I bought some of the Namco arcade titles on PS4 ages ago - Galaga and Pac-Man - and the lag on those is shocking.

32 minutes ago, JamesC said:

No, I don't think DX is on any collections at all. The always put CE on things but never DX.

Ah my bad. I had CE2 and CEDX as the same thing in my head. 

That little intro, ditty bit..? Only about three seconds but it's an absolute bop. They've used it as a basis for music tracks in Ridge Racer too. 

Edit: Whoops! This was meant to be in reply to Wiper but I see Lyrical Donut has it covered. I've not had a coffee yet 😴 

I like how in Pac-Land the game’s only button - jump - is mapped to B but on the high score table, you use A to add a letter.

Controls in Pac-Land are definitely a bit laggy. I think jumping in that game has always had a bit of start-up time or is my memory at fault? Haven’t noticed any tearing on my old Xbox One.

19 hours ago, Unofficial Who said:

Ms Pacman isn't actually owned by Namco (it was made by GCC in the US.) Every so often Namco forget this and then they have to pay loads of licence fees to the rightsholders in the US.

So. PC version on Gamepass. What is up with the awful vsynch?

They’ve even switched out her appearance at the end of the Pac-Land level where you make it back home.

5 hours ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Also, any excuse to post this:

2 hours ago, Jolly said:

That little intro, ditty bit..? Only about three seconds but it's an absolute bop. They've used it as a basis for music tracks in Ridge Racer too. 

Edit: Whoops! This was meant to be in reply to Wiper but I see Lyrical Donut has it covered. I've not had a coffee yet 😴 

Aha! I'd completely forgotten that little tune! I think I'll stick with Selected Ambient Works II as far as Aphex Twin goes, mind ;)

14 hours ago, dumpster said:

The controller lag on Pacland is quite unbelievable.  Playing on Xbox and its just broken. Dreadful. 

All of the emulated arcade titles are unplayable. Totally abysmal

It's a real shame, because I think the little arcade thing's quite nice in a simple way, but all the actual game content is shonky as hell. I'm playing on PC and I blamed the recent onset of occasional drift on my ancient 360 pad for the awful controls, but then they persisted when I switched to keyboard...

Ah well, GamePass means I'm not down anything other than a little time. 

Only played a few games so far but no lag issues on the Switch version.

I only seem to have 7 games though, not 14.

26 minutes ago, deKay said:

Only played a few games so far but no lag issues on the Switch version.

I only seem to have 7 games though, not 14.

The others are on a menu on the left rather than machines you walk up to. 

28 minutes ago, Vespa Alex said:

The others are on a menu on the left rather than machines you walk up to. 

So I see!

I don’t know if it’s input lag (I’m not good at noticing it) or if they’ve messed with the dip switch settings, but the original Pac-Man is a lot harder than I remember. I can barely clear the first screen.

Yeah, I was blaming this on my old age until I fired up PacMan 256 on this. Lag there too that wasn't present in other versions.

This is not great for Namco. The risk here is that in future

-consumers will just keep using Mame etc

-consumers will think  "oh! These were always shit, my memory is playing tricks."

I mean you can get a better performance for Pacmania and PacLand on the C64!

So pleased I have a physical copy coming from Amazon Japan today. Fuck sake, I thought this was a sure fire easy slam dunk?! 

At least the box art is nice (that I’ll never look at).