NFL 2022 - Guess who's back

Harrisown

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/09/2022 at 22:02, p1nseeker said:

God the Seahawks are unwatchable. More so than normal 🥲

:(

With me a Hawks fan, and my wife a Saints fan, I suspect it’s going to be a difficult season.

Heading to London to watch the Saints lose to the Vikings this weekend

Yeah it was a close game, shame that the ball didn’t tip the other way and send it into overtime (well, except for @milko 😅)

The earlier field goal by Lutz was proper long, he was missing most stuff in the warm up too. Not a terrible start for Andy Dalton at the wheel of the Saints, couldn’t believe how many Vikings fans there were though, definitely didn’t feel like a Saints home game at any point this weekend. The Saints fan pub had regular locals wondering what was going on and looking properly perplexed as someone started a brief but energetic “Who dat” chant.

We we’re behind that goal line too, plus a bonus one of me with a Vince Lombardi, but as it’s a bonus, I’m not rotating it so you can all either turn your heads or shake them 😂

0DC3FB30-DF54-4165-8889-04A12E799FE2.jpeg

32C29024-CEB8-43C5-9D1F-FD01FA2A01A7.jpeg

Giants v Packers today, seems to be a slightly more authentic 'home' atmosphere today even with plenty of Giants and 'etc' fans around. I think the NFL do try quite hard to set up for the 'home' teams but it's hard when the fanbase coming to these things is so diverse and obviously all the pubs spend 11 months of the year being nothing to do with it. Makes for some odd contrasts as you walk around the area.

I'm not involved with the Wembley games this year beyond sending a few graphics but I am off to Munich next month! That oughta rank pretty high in my good biz trips list, I'm more used to being sent places like Stoke.

I’m a fan but how on earth do the Cowboys keep winning? Just 75 yards passing late in Q4 and bar two decent runs even the run game was a bust. But the Defence was great again and special teams made a real difference again just like a few games last season. 4-1 with their starting QB still out? I will take that!

Bills game was better than the scoreline lets on.

I had a bet on them to win the Superbowl last year. Odds too short this year but I think they will do it. And it couldn't happen to a better team. Getting to 4 in a row and not winning. The place will go nuts if they manage it. 

On 29/09/2022 at 21:31, Corranga said:

:(

With me a Hawks fan, and my wife a Saints fan, I suspect it’s going to be a difficult season.

Heading to London to watch the Saints lose to the Vikings this weekend

Hawks fan here too and since my earlier post they are looking good! Really inconsistencies yes but at times show something special. I think it's a good place to build on and not the nightmare season I was dreading. 

30 minutes ago, ilpostino said:

CMC in that backfield should be very interesting. Let's hope he stays healthy.

That's the big issue isn't it? Iys hard to see CmC not get hurt but he'll be sharing the work more in SF than at Carolina. The 49ers have so many injuries as it is without losing another all-pro level guy.

Dak's back! And playing... fine. It's not like Rush was a disaster though. I think he could have beaten the Lions. Typical Cowboys, still fucking themselves over too much with penalties and relying on the D to savage opposing teams (which, admittedly, they're very good at).

I'm seeing a good, solid but unspectacular season. Maybe win the division, maybe go through on a wildcard. Then get knocked out, as usual.

13 hours ago, Scribblor said:

Dak's back! And playing... fine. It's not like Rush was a disaster though. I think he could have beaten the Lions. Typical Cowboys, still fucking themselves over too much with penalties and relying on the D to savage opposing teams (which, admittedly, they're very good at).

I'm seeing a good, solid but unspectacular season. Maybe win the division, maybe go through on a wildcard. Then get knocked out, as usual.

Rush was seriously limited. It was just masked with a great Defence and a very constrained offensive playbook. 

Dak's been underwhelming for a while. He started last season well enough but the second half of the season was poor. We've gone from a team who can gain yards endless ways and who use 4th down as a genuine option to one who can barely string a balance drive together and who can almost never convert on 3rd.

If Kellen Moore gets a grip of the offensive strategy and if Dak starts to use all our wide receivers and if we utilise our two RBs properly we can certainly conquer the Eagles and Giants.

That's a lot of IF though...

The contract they gave Dak is really gonna hamper the Cowboys. Dak is a C+ B- QB talent wise but his leadership etc is top notch. I just think they could have had options if Jerry hadn't given such a huge contract for so long as they have a good all-round team and if Dak can play his best they could get to the playoffs

Yep. Between Dak and Elliott they have insane numbers locked in on contracts and not enough return. Either way playoffs should be a shoe-in and they SHOULD be able to go deep. The D is very strong and if the offence can progress a little I reckon they are worth the #4 they currently sit on the power rankings. 

Anyone going to Wembley on Sunday? Looking forward to it, even if both sides are 2-5.

Will be my first NFL game since visiting Charlotte in 2013 and seeing the Panthers host the Falcons, and first at Wembley since the Phins and Giants duked it out in a downpour in 2007.