IGNORED

State Of Play : 10PM UK time : 6PM Canada time

Capwn

One day I'll tune in and see a new Ridge - or maybe Konami will stop pissing around and rerelease Gradius V.

To be honest it wasn't until I saw the TMNT thing here that I realised Konami are still in the videogames business

I quite like the looks of Exoprimal, even if I was deflated when it wasn't Dino Crisis. Esoecailly as at one point the dino claws scratched down the screen looking kinda like a III. Capcom have earned my trust.

1 hour ago, Dukesy said:

Anyone else get ‘first couple of years of PS3’ vibes from Sony right now?!

Haven't seen them announce something to get excited about in an age. 

No, they’ve literally put out Horizon : Forbidden West and Gran Turismo 7 in these last few weeks. 

9 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

No, they’ve literally put out Horizon : Forbidden West and Gran Turismo 7 in these last few weeks. 

So not answering his post then. :hat: 

Spoiler

I’ll get one for GT7 soon enough. 

Oh man I honestly thought Nintendo had ushered in a return to pre-covid times with their last Direct, but this one was straight back to the feeling of “what the fuck am I doing with my life?” after watching that.

Returnal news is hype though obvs. 

Haven't watched any of the trailers yet, but it's good to see Sony pushing some new IPs. Most of these conference things are typically filled with sequels and remasters.

(Although I'd still definitely take a Bloodborne remaster.)

1 minute ago, englishbob said:

PS6 launch title, unless the PS5 plays host to a BB2 then it might be accelerated

I'm hoping that Sony will give it to Blue Point to remake, given Elden Ring's success.

10 hours ago, Kevvy Metal said:

Horizon was decent but not amazing. After waiting for it through the drought of post PS5 launch content it was a bit of a disappointment.  I've yet to play GT7, looks good though.

My point is, it's been a while since they announced anything truly exciting and the stuff they are announcing is all bit a meh. Which is exactly what happened in those early PS3 years. I genuinely hope they come with bangers this year but it feels like it's been a long time since they announced something to get excited about. 

Honestly thought Square Enix were out of new games to announce. They seem to have an absolute tonne of releases lined up now, mostly for this year too.

Please show that Adventures of Dai Dragon Quest game again though. It's been years!

1 hour ago, Dukesy said:

Horizon was decent but not amazing. After waiting for it through the drought of post PS5 launch content it was a bit of a disappointment.  I've yet to play GT7, looks good though.

My point is, it's been a while since they announced anything truly exciting and the stuff they are announcing is all bit a meh. Which is exactly what happened in those early PS3 years. I genuinely hope they come with bangers this year but it feels like it's been a long time since they announced something to get excited about. 

Horizon isn’t meh. It’s a large elaboration on the first, and if you liked that you’ll like it.

You’re less likely to love it, and it isn’t the game which shall not be mentioned, but first/second party exclusives in the last two years that were generally loved as opposed to being thought of as “meh as horizon”:

Returnal

Animal Crossing

(There are others that are close in parts, but these two were pretty much devoid of critique amongst the audience they were aimed at, for months after launch)

2 hours ago, MW_Jimmy said:

Honestly thought Square Enix were out of new games to announce. They seem to have an absolute tonne of releases lined up now, mostly for this year too.

Please show that Adventures of Dai Dragon Quest game again though. It's been years!

https://press.na.square-enix.com/Items/Schedule?period=ComingSoon&sortBy=Date

Now that you mention it…

Chocobo GP

Stranger of Paradise

Chrono Cross

Forspoken

Echoes of Mana

Ever Crisis

Star Ocean

Diofield Chronicle

Valkyrie Elysium 

Blimey. Also (probably) light updates and maintenance to XIV… I bet some of that will slip though. Probably Ever Crisis. 🤔