This is it. The big one. F-Zero X coming to Switch Online

Sarlaccfood

Aesthetically, I feel there’s something wrong about the Switch emulated port; it looks too smooth and shiny to me. Regardless, the key thing to look for will be how the Switch emulated port controls. Many people are saying that the WiiU VC version was borderline unplayable, so hopefully this fares better.

Great news. I only just re-subbed to NSO a couple of days ago and decided to go for the top tier due to the Mario Kart DLC. This and Majora’s Mask which I’ve never played before is just the cherry on the top. 

4 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Can’t believe Nintendo just killed Sony’s State of Play stone dead like that.

4 hours ago, DeDeDe said:

Aesthetically, I feel there’s something wrong about the Switch emulated port; it looks too smooth and shiny to me. Regardless, the key thing to look for will be how the Switch emulated port controls. Many people are saying that the WiiU VC version was borderline unplayable, so hopefully this fares better.

Those two posts.

image.png.cc0a75e13feb66980ee458cfa4f0698f.png

I wish they'd add the option to switch off the grey borders and great big player icon that are permanently on the screen when you're using the Switch online service.

If you own an OLED TV that sort of thing is bad news for burn-in, and it makes me reluctant to put any serious time into these games.

(Also, actually making the N64 controller available would be nice... it's been sold out since launch).

10 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

(Also, actually making the N64 controller available would be nice... it's been sold out since launch).

Yeah, by the time I logged on launch day they were gone and no sign since. Plenty on ebay by the scalpers though, scum...........

1 minute ago, merrychan said:

Really excited for this, I completely missed it back in the day and I have a good friend who swears this is the better game than FZero- GX, which I absolutely adore

He's absolutely right. I'm wary of this emulated version though, if there's even a hint of slowdown or lag like there have been in other NSO N64 games then it's a massive fail.

7 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

Fucking F-Zero in bed

I like the game but not that much :hat: 

The more complex tracks are one thing, but my main recollection of this game was chain-boosting around a simple oval to buttrock :wub: 

I also bought the NSO subscription just to play this. It’s actually kind of absurd by just how much of a distance this is the greatest racing game ever made. It’s firmly in my all time top 10 and I don’t even like any other racing games.

When it first came out my sister and I played this for six hours straight one day and then stuck on Diddy Kong for a quick break and we thought something had gone wrong with our eyes or the N64 because we didn’t know about framerates. We just thought we’d overdosed on boost power. 

Also one of the all time soundtracks.

Just an 

8 hours ago, DeDeDe said:

It's just emulation running at what looks like 2x Res. 

I play it on my phone at 4x. It's great.