IGNORED

PlayStation Plus for March 2022

Mr Do 71

5 minutes ago, Stanley said:

What is Ghost of Tsushima Legends? 

4 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Apparently a standalone coop thing.

Yep, a co-op online mode that they later released as a standalone. I think it’s quite good and I don’t normally play these sort of things but enjoy this. You level up your character etc., completely separate to main game.

23 minutes ago, PaB said:

Wait wasn’t ghostrunner on psplus a couple of months ago ? Or am I thinking of ps now?

It was on Now, but obvs as the PS4 version. Not sure if Ghostrunner had a PS5 version up until now.

Although Team Sonic Racing was *dreadful* pre-release (I played it at EGX), my understanding is post-release (and perhaps a patch or three) it's actually pretty good now? It's no Transformed, and like everything else will never touch Mario Kart, but I thought it was decent? No?

16 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

I'll be happy to own Ghostrunner for PS5, but Jesus who's going to have time to play it?

What's annoying is in many respects, it's the perfect type of game to quickly dip in and out of but the devs force you to complete its fairly lengthy levels in one go, so you can't just jump in, have a crack at one or two challenges and then get back to dragon slaying, you have to commit the time it takes to complete an entire level to save your progress and given how tough a game it is, you can easily lose an hour or more trying to get through it.

That said, it's one of my favourite games on any format. It's essentially a collection of reflex / tactical challenges, in which you have to carefully pick your path forward, before running, grappling, sliding, dashing and slicing your way through the path you've chosen. In terms of, "games which make you feel like a bad ass", it's right up there. :)

27 minutes ago, deKay said:

Although Team Sonic Racing was *dreadful* pre-release (I played it at EGX), my understanding is post-release (and perhaps a patch or three) it's actually pretty good now? It's no Transformed, and like everything else will never touch Mario Kart, but I thought it was decent? No?

I bought this recently as it was on sale on Xbox and having a blast with it. Playing with both kids and I in a team gives it a different twist to other similar games and whilst I prefer Transformed you can see this is from the same (excellent) stable. 

3 hours ago, Qazimod said:

I received Ghostrunner via Prime Gaming but I never got around to it - and it's not like I'll have time for it in March...

Kirby isn’t out until near the end though so you’ve plenty of time.

This is really great news for me as I've been looking to buy Team Sonic Racing recently after going through All Stars Racing on XB360 and look forward to trying out GoT Legends. Feeling a bit exhausted and down today but this has cheered me up! 😊

ffs Sony.

https://www.gamingbible.co.uk/news/playstation-plus-subscriber-warns-users-about-redeeming-latest-freebie-20220302?

Several PlayStation Plus subscribers have reported running into a serious issue after downloading one of March's free games.

Unfortunately, redeeming the game via PS Plus can have some unforeseen consequences for certain players.

As first spotted by Ehrand on Reddit, downloading the PS Plus version of Legends if you don't currently own the enhanced Ghost Of Tsushima: Director's Cut will lock you out of the upgrade discount.

In yet another needlessly confusing series of upgrade paths, Sony announced that last year's Director's Cut would be available for a cheaper price if you already owned Ghost Of Tsushima on PS4. It was a whole thing, and very confusing. People got annoyed.

While Ehrand owns Ghost Of Tsushima on PS4, downloading the PS5 version of Legends via PS Plus caused the option to upgrade to completely vanish from the store.

"Now the only option is to buy the PS4 or PS5 DC version at full price," they wrote. "I'm hoping this is just a store bug for now and it will resolve itself but I fear this will not be the case."