IGNORED

Capcom Fighting Collection - 24th June 2022

joffocakes

that's fucking frustrating, they said it would get a worldwide physical release and it's been listed online, just thought preorders never went up

31 minutes ago, SMD said:

that's fucking frustrating, they said it would get a worldwide physical release and it's been listed online, just thought preorders never went up

Yeah I'm annoyed too.  I saw the Amazon entry stating something like "no stock" which was weird.  Now it's live but for US imports only.

1 hour ago, Sureshot said:

So tempted to buy this for SPFIIT online, but £32 for that pleasure…

Yeah, Hyper SFII is amazing, I already have the PS2 version.  Playing that online would be great.  Nearest I can get is getting the SF 30th Anniversary game and playing Super Turbo online there.

Why is hyper sf2 so good compared to ssf2t or sf2t?

thers load of sf games I can’t see any classic sf being better than sfa3 or sf3:3s

Edited by bumgut

Hyper Street Fighter II is Super Turbo except you can also select the older World Warriors, Champion Edition, Turbo or Super versions of each character (if they were playable in those versions) so it's kind of like all those versions of Street Fighter in one game.

There are minor differences Super Turbo even if you only use those versions but they're mostly only gonna be noticible to high level players, with the exception of Suoer Turbo characters no longer being able to tech-soften the throw damage of older characters. 

I couldn't really compare Street Fighter II to the Alpha games or III; they're all pretty distinct from each other. I probably prefer playing 3rd Strike most these days, for Necro.

22 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

Hyper Street Fighter II is Super Turbo except you can also select the older World Warriors, Champion Edition, Turbo or Super versions of each character (if they were playable in those versions) so it's kind of like all those versions of Street Fighter in one game.

There are minor differences Super Turbo even if you only use those versions but they're mostly only gonna be noticible to high level players, with the exception of Suoer Turbo characters no longer being able to tech-soften the throw damage of older characters. 

I couldn't really compare Street Fighter II to the Alpha games or III; they're all pretty distinct from each other. I probably prefer playing 3rd Strike most these days, for Necro.

Didn't have you down as a Necrophile

3 hours ago, joffocakes said:

Totally this. It's the ultimate version of Street Fighter II IMO (not just the best version of Super Turbo), and even Ultra SFII doesn't come close.

I love my copy on the PlayStation 2 and part of the reason why I want this is cos my PS2 is in its box ATM.

39 minutes ago, Smoothy said:

Totally this. It's the ultimate version of Street Fighter II IMO (not just the best version of Super Turbo), and even Ultra SFII doesn't come close.

I love my copy on the PlayStation 2 and part of the reason why I want this is cos my PS2 is in its box ATM.

Yeah that PS2 version is Ace

2 hours ago, Smoothy said:

There are some differences between Hyper and the original games featured, including some 'bug fixes' for ST which is why its not played at tournaments:

https://wiki.supercombo.gg/w/Hyper_Street_Fighter_2

Still have my PS2 copy, too.

Puzzle Fighter is an absolutely brilliant game.

Will get this on switch at some stage, I've had Vampire Savior on the Saturn for years so can just about get by playing it on the Lite for learning it :)

That said my Switch Lite is chock full of Capcom Arcade stuff I need to properly play

11 hours ago, Lyrical Donut said:

There are some differences between Hyper and the original games featured, including some 'bug fixes' for ST which is why its not played at tournaments:

https://wiki.supercombo.gg/w/Hyper_Street_Fighter_2

Still have my PS2 copy, too.

Oh yeah I know about those (I was even going to mention that), but in general it's the ultimate version.

36 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

Did it come out after Super, while not including the 4 extra characters?

It came out about ten years after Super Turbo. It has all of the characters, with all of their various version differences, including Akuma. I think the arcade release of Hyper SFII was limited and there were slight bug-fixes that alter the balance so the competitive scene just stuck with Super Turbo as they'd been playing that for a decade by then.

They still play Super Turbo over HD Remix and Ultra Street Fighter II as well. HD Remix tried to rebalance a lot of things (including attempting, and failing, to make Akuma a fair character) and USFII changed enough that its a very different game. Including the introduction of Evil Ryu and Violent Ken as playable characters, just tediously powerful reskins. There's gonna be an USFII tournament at Evo this year though, I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Worth remembering that Hyper also has the fantastic "Arrange" OST that first came out in the 3DO port of Super Turbo. It's the best version of the OST in my humble opinion and you can tell that it was showing off the CD format in the early 90's. So glad that they included it in Hyper.

I too was under the illusion that there would be physical releases here in the UK so I was a little pissed off when I saw that it wasn't the case on Friday.

I'm no Switch expert so forgive the dumb question here...I know the games are region-free but if I buy a US copy, will it still receive any updates/patches?

On 25/06/2022 at 14:50, Calashnikov said:

Violent Ken, cause the cunt with the flaming uppercut who does double backward rolly-pollies while launching troops through bins just wasn’t violent enough.

Been playing USFII a fair bit lately and Violent Ken is like cheat mode. If you can hit somebody with the four-fierce cheese it does stupid damage. He also has a teleport-esque dash move though I'm not sure if he can be hit out of it?