IGNORED

Capcom Fighting Collection - 24th June 2022

joffocakes

Capcom have announced a new collection of arcade fighting games which includes all of the Darkstalkers games, Cyberbots, Red Earth, Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix and Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo. And then another version of Street Fighter II because it wouldn't be a Capcom collection without it.

All games are playable online with rollback netcode, and training modes added for the fighting games. The menu in the trailer showed an option for one button special moves, and a choice to limit matchmaking to your own region. No word on cross-platform online play so I doubt it's included, which is a shame.

They've included a load of concept art and music too. Releasing on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC. and music

• Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
  • Night Warriors: Darkstalkers’ Revenge
  • Vampire Savior: The Lord of Vampire
  • Vampire Hunter 2: Darkstalkers’ Revenge (First official release in North America)
  • Vampire Savior 2: The Lord of Vampire (First official release in North America)
  • Red Earth (First release outside of arcades)
  • Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness
  • Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • Hyper Street Fighter II

41 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

And then another version of Street Fighter II because it wouldn't be a Capcom collection without it.

It could have been the perfect opportunity to release Ultra SFII to more platforms - but no, here’s Hyper instead. :P 

Good news overall but wish there had been the inclusion of the Capcom vs Snk games (although I understand why this wouldn't be the case). Darkstalkers is always welcome (although listing regional variations as, separate titles is pretty cheap!) and I've never spent much time on Red Earth so I will be interested in that too. There is a fair amount of overlap with the big Capcom Logo arcade stick which is slightly disappointing, however I will be picking this up at some point. 

13 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

Good news overall but wish there had been the inclusion of the Capcom vs Snk games (although I understand why this wouldn't be the case).

That's barely enough reason to repost this but goddamn, I bloody love this intro, so have it anyways.

I assume Hyper Street Fighter II is the 2003 CPSII. I know it has access to all different 'versions' of the characters, but it's not my favourite SF2 game.

In fact, it looks like everything on there is from their CPSII board except Red Earth, which is CPSIII. That begs the question, where is Third Strike? 

45 minutes ago, Skull Commander said:

Good news overall but wish there had been the inclusion of the Capcom vs Snk games (although I understand why this wouldn't be the case). Darkstalkers is always welcome (although listing regional variations as, separate titles is pretty cheap!) and I've never spent much time on Red Earth so I will be interested in that too. There is a fair amount of overlap with the big Capcom Logo arcade stick which is slightly disappointing, however I will be picking this up at some point. 

Just quoting myself here as I had wrongly thought some of the Darkstalkers games were regional variations, but it's not quite as clear cut as that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkstalkers

There are some additional differences between the versions but from my understanding it's still essentially 3 core titles. 

Sure, I'd pick this up for Darkstalkers. About time after all that waffle Ono had for the series before it evaporated into fucking nothing.

I'd be excited for a PC version of Puzzle Fighter as well if it didn't exist already. Like Ultra SFII, not going with the SPF HD Remix which is stuck on last gen consoles is a missed opportunity as well. But as a bonus game for a collection I'll end up buying for a score just to have it on Steam, it's okay.

3 hours ago, phillv85 said:

I assume Hyper Street Fighter II is the 2003 CPSII. I know it has access to all different 'versions' of the characters, but it's not my favourite SF2 game.

In fact, it looks like everything on there is from their CPSII board except Red Earth, which is CPSIII. That begs the question, where is Third Strike? 

In the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary collection. It's got almost every Street Fighter.

Weird selection. As exciting as Red Earth getting a home release is (I’ve only played it through MAME), it’s super weird seeing a ten game collection with five versions of Darkstalkers. I really don’t understand why they wouldn’t just shove Third Strike in there. As others have said, CVS would be brilliant. 

Darkstalkers is one of the very few games (and probably the only fighting game) that I've finished on one credit. 

Although I'd like to pretend I'm great, I'm sure the arcade I played it in had the dip switches on easy mode. 

One of the other ones is time crisis 2 but that was because I put shit loads of money into it in the first place to get good at it. 

• 4 months later...