Jump to content
IGNORED

Street Fighter VI - Here Comes a New Challenger! PS5, XSX, PC in 2023!


Captain Kelsten
 Share

Recommended Posts

I've stopped playing Street Fighter completely. I simply don't have the time to invest or the drive to compete. But this looks great. It has Blanka right from the start. It has some interesting looking single player stuff. It will presumably be released in a finished state this time around. I love the art style. Shit, I feel the need to buy it creeping up on me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Fuddle said:

The actual gameplay they showed looks pretty good, more so in the commentary trailer weirdly. I guess it’s good they’re doing some single player stuff, even if I don’t care about that at all. 

The leaked roster having so many new characters is very nice. Shame they seem to have forgotten street fighter 3 once again.

 

Makoto has been consistently high in Capcom's character polls so there's a big chance she's gonna appear, surely? And they gotta bring back Dudley. Also, give me Necro please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I've stopped playing Street Fighter completely. I simply don't have the time to invest or the drive to compete. But this looks great. It has Blanka right from the start. It has some interesting looking single player stuff. It will presumably be released in a finished state this time around. I love the art style. Shit, I feel the need to buy it creeping up on me.


I might buy it just for the story / free roam silliness. I will never go online and get slaughtered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I look into my Crystal Ball I see the expense of a fancy arcade stick and a few weeks sat in Bronze getting frustrated before slowly giving up. I’ve been there before but it doesn’t mean I’ve learned from my mistakes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm hoping Microsoft due to lack of any games that are expected to come out in the next 5 years thanks to their excellent management skills, will start paying for high profile game pass releases to compensate. And that SF6 is one of them. Because I kinda want to jump on day one now but I'll feel bad if I bounce off again after a few weeks because I just don't have the skills or drive to play competitively anymore. Feels like a waste of 70 quid or whatever it will be, to subsequently not play the main portion of the game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Feels like a waste of 70 quid or whatever it will be, to subsequently not play the main portion of the game.

 

PS4 release so no way will it be £70.

 

Also I think with the approach outlined here - detailed single player game, distinct lack of customisation shown and FTP mechanics, Capcom will be treating this as a traditional packaged game release. I cannot see it being on Game Pass.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MW_Jimmy said:

Capcom will be treating this as a traditional packaged game release. I cannot see it being on Game Pass

I think you misunderstood Game Pass. It's not for F2P it's for traditional releases and Microsoft paying publishers and devs enough money to make a release on GP seem more profitable than only relying on direct sales. In case of high profile releases like SF6, it would cost them *a lot*. But they do have *a lot* of money and a distinct lack of first party releases. I'm not saying it will happen, I'm saying it's not impossible. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I think you misunderstood Game Pass. It's not for F2P it's for traditional releases and Microsoft paying publishers and devs enough money to make a release on GP seem more profitable than only relying on direct sales. In case of high profile releases like SF6, it would cost them *a lot*. But they do have *a lot* of money and a distinct lack of first party releases. I'm not saying it will happen, I'm saying it's not impossible. 

 

I understand Game Pass perfectly - I'm saying that I don't think Capcom would release their premier fighting game through Game Pass because of how they want to position it. Not on Day One. That didn't even happen for Yakuza: LaD.

 

Anyway - as an absolutely casual fighting game player - this single player mode is everything I want. A light version of Yakuza beating down random thugs in Metro City, taking on SF masters (new techniques), over the top visual flair.

 

I'm so surprised it's looking and feeling like this after that hyper realistic reveal. Very hyped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That new character looks the fucking worst. A corporate focus group amalgamation of everything “dude bro” that is wrong with the world. I’m going to buy the game just to beat the shit out of him…

 

…damn that was their plan all along, wasn’t it. Make us hate him so much, we have to buy it! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That leak gives me the same feeling of frustration as the SFV character concepts. They just make me wish the actual game used that art style. The game does look nicer than I thought it might going to the RE engine, but still.

 

I don't want to be too down about it at such an early stage but what they've shown and described so far concerns me a bit. Zoning could well be dead in the water (universal parries, universal armor moves and advancing moves) and it sounds like it might be another game of Rushdown Guile and Rushdown Dhalsim where everyone's up in each others' grills all the time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MW_Jimmy said:

 

I understand Game Pass perfectly - I'm saying that I don't think Capcom would release their premier fighting game through Game Pass because of how they want to position it. Not on Day One. That didn't even happen for Yakuza: LaD.

Fair enough, we can't be sure. My take is that Y:LAD was too expensive for Microsoft to put on there day one. Not that Sega would block it regardless of how much money was offered. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't expect it day one on game pass, I just hope for it. Because I won't be doing any parrying or dabbling in the new systems - I'm going to play it like Street Fighter 2, as I always do, and subsequently get murdered online by @joffocakestypes. Being on gp would take the sting out :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New characters:

 

Spoiler

Not having a huge amount of 'I really want to try them' factor on the whole, except Old Russian Guy (JP?) who's looking tight.

 

A.K.I. and the French girl look like they did gender swap do-overs on F.A.N.G. and Abel.

 

Possible attempt at trans representation on the Italian character perhaps? Getting a little bit of a Ladiva vibe there.

 

Pretty much all the returning characters look great though. Just hope they look something like as vibrant in-game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the (absolutely unavoidable on twitter) roster leak:
 

Spoiler

I absolutely adore that Ken redesign. After watching Johhny Lawrence in Cobra Kai I was already asking for a washed-up Ken redesign and it really looks like that's what we're getting. Or he's been spending his millions on Balenciaga outfits.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I don't expect it day one on game pass, I just hope for it. Because I won't be doing any parrying or dabbling in the new systems - I'm going to play it like Street Fighter 2, as I always do, and subsequently get murdered online by @joffocakestypes. Being on gp would take the sting out :)

 

I found that the best way to improve at Street Fighter is to be unemployed when Street Fighter IV releases in 2009.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

From the (absolutely unavoidable on twitter) roster leak:
 

  Reveal hidden contents

I absolutely adore that Ken redesign. After watching Johhny Lawrence in Cobra Kai I was already asking for a washed-up Ken redesign and it really looks like that's what we're getting. Or he's been spending his millions on Balenciaga outfits.

 

 

I just keep seeing...

 

Spoiler

afbeelding.thumb.png.0ed211a998a341987f667be857077f2e.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

 

I found that the best way to improve at Street Fighter is to be unemployed when Street Fighter IV releases in 2009.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try and do that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Cyhwuhx said:

 

I just keep seeing...

 

  Reveal hidden contents

afbeelding.thumb.png.0ed211a998a341987f667be857077f2e.png

 

Ahem

3 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20220603-090035_Gallery.thumb.jpg.63356cb4ec5617e7e361c0cc35bdd174.jpg

Terence Brogard enters the ring!

 

 

In all seriousness, finally a Ken design that doesn't suck Bison balls.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I've stopped playing Street Fighter completely. I simply don't have the time to invest or the drive to compete. But this looks great. It has Blanka right from the start. It has some interesting looking single player stuff. It will presumably be released in a finished state this time around. I love the art style. Shit, I feel the need to buy it creeping up on me.

 

I stopped playing fighters online because people don't need to have my connection quality forced upon them. ;) However, some decent local modes could tempt me back.

 

Or even some online "competitive" features that don't involve live gameplay, like daily challenges, or ghost AI training (like the Tekken dojo mode.) :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Captain Kelsten changed the title to Street Fighter VI - Here Comes a New Challenger! PS5, XSX, PC in 2023!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.