Street Fighter VI - Here Comes a New Challenger! PS5, XSX, PC in 2023!

Captain Kelsten

If you absolutely hate yourself and are still playing the beta, the latest mod pack activates the commentators, so you too can struggle to bash out simple combos whilst people you’ve never met shout out non-sequiturs.

It’s like your mum trying to take interest in you playing Resident Evil, but faster, and more enthusiastic.

My usual sparring partner has decided to wait until it's out - but it makes sense, as his patience has always been much better than mine. It's very difficult transitioning back and forth between SFV and 6 though. "Hah, got you! Drive Rush! No wait - wrong game, you win".

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/12/2022 at 14:07, imp said:

Anybody who got into the first beta is automatically re-invited to the new beta btw. I am very excited to get smashed by everyone who's been playing the cracked beta non-stop!

I was thinking about this just yesterday.

I’m starting to wonder if they haven’t maybe damaged the first year’s competitive and online scenes by allowing a PC beta to get ‘out there’. It’s basically giving some people around 9 month head start in learning the game. Nuances aside of course.

I guess the first thing I thought was newbies going online and getting frustrated by regularly running into people who are smashing them out of sight because they’re already well versed with the game. Nothing stops people playing a game faster than thinking ‘what’s the point?’ 

Hopefully I’m overreacting.

18 minutes ago, Goemon said:

I’m starting to wonder if they haven’t maybe damaged the first year’s competitive and online scenes by allowing a PC beta to get ‘out there’. It’s basically giving some people around 9 month head start in learning the game. Nuances aside of course.

Yeah. How am I going to win EVO now?

I actually don't think it'll make much of a difference in the grand scheme of things. A lot changed from the first SFV beta to the release, and truthfully, new people coming into a new fighting game are always going to get eaten alive because these games are packed full of transferrable skills and execution proficiency. It might be a rough first day, but that'll be because the Matchmaking has no idea what's going on. It'll right itself very quickly.

Ahh so happy to see some Dee Jay footage at last. Day 1 main character I can't wait. Love the ballet/Judo stylings of Manon too. Also Marissa's grab where she goes into a rear mount and then punches the back of the head into the ground is deliciously violent. Everything she does looks so painful I love it. 

I'm excited about JP. I have a feeling he'll be tough to play with, but he looks dope.

Then again, because ranked points are per-character again, pretty sure I'm going to play everyone. I hope there's an equivalent of C to Shining C from SF4, it was such a fun way of gaining matchup knowledge. I have absolutely no idea what half of the characters in SF5 can/can't do.

Would also like a regular, long-running Excellent Adventures reboot with Xian and Mike Ross. A boy can dream.

Looks like we'll be getting occasional gameplay snippets, here's Dee Jay's little feint, Jus Cool, and its followups.

A few folk have commented that it doesn't look like a charge move since he does it from idle, so maybe Dee Jay will be closer to his USFIV Omega mode playstyle which was motion-based?

A lot of the VSkill-like moves are activated with two kick buttons so maybe it's more like that.

I wanna see if he gets his jumping down+lk knee shot back. That was one of his best moves (his best move was his finger-pointing, "Hey!" backdash). 

A bit more detail on the digital pre-order editions: https://www.streetfighter.com/6/en-uk/product/

Deluxe Edition:

Full Game

Year 1 Character Pass

-4 additional characters

-4 additional characters' colors: Outfit 1 Colors 3-10

-Purchase bonus: 4,200 Drive Tickets

Ultimate Edition:

Full Game

Year 1 Ultimate Pass

-4 additional characters

-4 additional characters' colors: Outfit 1 Colors 3-10

-4 additional characters' costume: Outfit 2 (including colors 1-10)

-4 additional characters' costume: Outfit 3 (including colors 1-10)

-2 additional stages

-Purchase bonus: 7,700 Drive Tickets

I think I've developed dangerous levels of hype for this and it's way too early for it - but I'm sure it'll come under control in the next few weeks now that the vast majority of the information is out there, demystifying the release date and all.

I've been playing SFV with friends for a couple of hours on Sundays in anticipation and it's been a lot of fun. Actually quite looking forward to the inevitable forum punch-nights that are going to come with 6.