IGNORED

Street Fighter VI - Here Comes a New Challenger! PS5, XSX, PC in 2023!

Captain Kelsten

It's difficult to say anything on the piss poor look they gave use but seeing as we're on the internet and takes is what we do the logo is awful and the more realistic style is bad. I'd almost guarantee it's not out till some time in 2023/4.

That collection though? You give me that shit right now.

Whatever it is I’ll buy it.

that trailer basically says nothing except it exists and ryu and Luke will be in it... which everyone already knew. I wouldn’t necessarily assume it’s going to look anything like that.

Not much of a tease, but at least it’s a Capcom brand I’m interested in.

It reminds me of how insubstantial the first teaser for IV was. That shock reveal of Ryu fighting Ken :lol: 

7 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

It reminds me of how insubstantial the first teaser for IV was. That shock reveal of Ryu fighting Ken :lol: 

Yeah but with 4 we hadn't had a new Street Fighter game in aaaaages, so any reveal was going to be a shock.

Edit: and it had to be Ryu versus Ken, that's the only proper way to announce the return of that legendary series after such a long absence.

26 minutes ago, Fuddle said:

Whatever it is I’ll buy it.

that trailer basically says nothing except it exists and ryu and Luke will be in it... which everyone already knew. I wouldn’t necessarily assume it’s going to look anything like that.

Considering the focus on character details, I’d say this is very much a statement of intent. 

55 minutes ago, Qazimod said:

To the best of everyone's knowledge, Third Strike had killed Street Fighter, so any reveal was an absolute megaton

13 minutes ago, krenzler said:

Knowing they'll be using the RE Engine plus the look of that trailer they'll most likely go hyper realistic this time?

Ew, I hope not. Luke's Popeye gig looked freaky enough when extremely stylised

Updated the original post. 

I seem to be one of the few that likes the style of 4 and 5, despite not being a “14yo American kid” as @Mr. Gerbik so eloquently put it! The game had its own style, it was instantly recognisable. Going the hyper realistic route will make it look more like Tekken/Mortal Kombat etc. 

More news in the summer, apparently. 

3 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

The game had its own style, it was instantly recognisable. Going the hyper realistic route will make it look more like Tekken/Mortal Kombat etc. 

And we are all grateful that it don't look like Fortnite, which is the goto style of so many things from games to cartoons. 

That said though those Street Fighter character skins in Fortnite looked pretty good.