Street Fighter VI - Here Comes a New Challenger! PS5, XSX, PC in 2023!

Captain Kelsten

13 hours ago, Kayin Amoh said:

There’s 4 characters missing from that roster shot compared to the original leak.

Akuma, Ed, Rashid and A.K.I

I guess at the time of the original leak they were planning to have these guys included and they’ve slipped in being ready.

Slightly annoying as I’d got it into my head that I’d be using A.K.I at the beginning. Not sure where to go next TBH, likely Mimi or Deejay although I always struggle playing old characters as I have a tendency to try and play them like their old iterations.

3 hours ago, Goemon said:

Akuma, Ed, Rashid and A.K.I

Just like @FuddleI was going to say that it smells like the first batch of dlc to me. Makes sense because of course they're already developing the first round of dlc while finishing up the game. Or else you'd be waiting forever if they actually started after the game ships.

So you probably won't have to wait long :)

Street Fighter V is set to be a main stage game at Evo Japan at the end of March next year, so I reckon it won’t come out till after that, unless they’re planning to run VI simultaneously, but I think they’ll want to give it a proper send-off. I’m hopeful for an immediate release as soon as grand finals is over! Or at least in the week following Evo Japan!

I wouldn't mind waiting for VI if it means getting a game that's in a better launch state than V, although admittedly the current videos already look pretty polished. I'm keen to see what comes from the network test, and whether or not the rollback is borked. ;) 

EDIT: "rollbork".

I've said elsewhere that I think some of her abilities were unintentional like SF2's combos, thanks to IV's lenient input buffer. I figure they caught fierce-feint-fierce before launch, but maybe not her shortcut for IABK, and I really don't fancy her weird HCU cancel to chain Seismic Hammers was planned.

She was creatively freer for it, with an execution barrier that rewarded the committed without penalising the less patient through a brokenness that never was. You don't need to match her execution to defend against her, in other words.

I'm still curious to see how assigning normal and special moves to your custom character will work.

Is your custom character limited to cloning their whole moveset from an existing SF character?

Or will your avatar be able to mix and match specials from different characters, but be limited to one special move of each type? (One projectile, one anti-air, one command grab etc.)

Or even (most unlikely, as it'd be absurdly unbalanced) will you be able to give your character multiple special moves of the same type? (e.g. a forward DP+punch to do Ryu's Shoryuken, a forward DP+kick to do Cammy's Cannon Spike, reverse DP+kick to do Fei Long's* flame kick, and a vertical charge to do Guile's Flash Kick?)

* (Yes I know he's not in the game but it's the only reverse DP move I can think of.)

Also, presumably input motions will have to match the original character the move came from, right? Seems unlikely that you'll be able to reassign the commands to different inputs, letting you do a Flash Kick but with a DP motion, or a Hundred Hand Slap but with a fireball motion!

Street Fighter EX3 had a character edit mode where you had a blank slate character called Ace and could pick about three special moves from a list. I think it locked you out of picking multiple specials that shared a motion (e.g. you couldn’t make a character who had Yoga Fire, Hadoken, and Tiger Shot), but I’m not sure.

I played a bit of this at EGX yesterday. Looks great and feels really solid - that move bound to L1 looks and feels really satisfying when it connects. The character models are so big! Ken vs Ryu is like two giant walls of muscle colliding. 

The ‘modern’ controls, that bind specials to triangle + a direction on the dpad, works quite well. I can see me experimenting with more characters using this as it totally democratises their use. 

The whole thing felt really confidently done. Definitely looking forward to picking it up when it comes out, losing repeatedly to the cpu and friends, then vowing never to play again. 

On 20/09/2022 at 23:16, Keyboard Koala said:

I wonder if Li-Fen will be available as a fighter at one point. She's been in two trailers now, and looks a bit too fleshed out to be just a background character.

I half-expected to find her in the roster leak given her trailer prominence. Maybe she'll do stuff in bonus stages, or hang out in World Tour mode to offer challenges and things. :D 

I didn't get in (PS5) 😢 I'll continue to hang on to hope that they'll continue to release codes over the course of the beta.

The accessibility options look to be an improvement:

There's also a note saying that replays on older balance patches can no longer be viewed, a bit of a shame since SFV let you do that.