IGNORED

Street Fighter VI - Here Comes a New Challenger! PS5, XSX, PC in 2023!

Captain Kelsten

Ah wild. Maybe you're right and they added it in a later build? Or maybe it is just a weird translation.

Really curious to see how the modern controls end up playing out. At least if they're broken the game will be supported long enough for them to retune, unlike SSFIV 3D Edition. Hopefully they get some fresh folk into the genre. So I can batter them.

I dabbled with CvS2 EO when doing stuff with Gamecube emulation - it separates easy operation as its own groove, and yeah it's all on C-stick tilts. Honestly the weirdest thing for me was getting my head around a "dual analogue" control when I'm so used to buttons.

I was tweeting about this earlier today, but SFxT also had an easy input system (as a gem you equip) where you didn't have to do full motions but you had to deal with a damage nerf to your attacks. I don't mind experimenting with VI's modern controls but I still feel like I'd be rolling the dice (at least to begin with) because I don't know what's going to come out.

22 hours ago, Down by Law said:

The Gamecube Capcom Vs SNK 2 had a easy controls option mapping moves to the c-stick. I never played that version though so can't say if it was any good or not 

It was fine. SF IV on 3DS also had shortcuts for specials and Supers on the touch screen. Also fine. :) 

• 1 month later...

I've been playing Soul Calibur 1 this week, and I feel like it would be perfectly fine if SFVI's World Tour mode just ripped off SC's mission mode. Instead of selecting points on a map you'd run around the environments and bump into people, and then get given creative little challenges - "in this fight you can't block", "in this fight your health continuously drains", etc. I don't know if World Tour will go nuts with challenges, but I can see them having fun with it.

Evo's this weekend, so expect some SFVI stuff to come out of it. It might just be some match showcase nonsense but I'd hope for a character reveal or something too. :) 

I'm expecting a Kimberly announcement at least, since she was teased in the announcement trailer. It would be good to see more than one character announcement, and maybe a look into what World Tour will involve.

There's a panel from Capcom today (uh, tomorrow) at 01:30 about the game's Real Time commentary feature. Their instagram post teases that additional, unannounced commentators featured in game will be attending. Place your bets! I dunno if being called Real Time Commentary Feature Panel means it will focus purely on that, and leave the bigger announcements til Grand Finals day, as it usually is.

They announced some nostalgia costumes for Ryu, Chun Li and Guile back in July as well as new costumes for Luke and Jamie

Some notes on their supers and specials are here.

Juri’s signature Fuhajin returns where she performs an upwards kick and stores Fuha stocks upon completion. Saihasho, Ankensatsu, and Go Ohsatsu are special moves that can be performed without Fuha stocks, but they become more powerful and can be chained together with when Fuha stocks are available. This opens up more creative options for Juri’s playstyle and can take an opponent off guard.

All of Juri’s Super Arts come from her previous appearances with a Street Fighter 6 polish.

Sakkai Fuhazan (1 Stock) – Juri fires multiple ki blasts with a kick and follows it up with another giant ki blast to knock an opponent away.

Feng Shui Engine (2 Stocks) – First appearing as an Ultra Combo in Super Street Fighter IV then a V-Trigger in Street Fighter V, Feng Shui Engine returns as a Super Art. Juri unleashes the power of the Feng Shui Engine embedded in her eye, allowing her to cancel normal moves into other normal moves or even unique moves.

Kaisen Dankai Raku (3 Stocks) – Straight from Super Street Fighter IV, Juri unleashes the full power of the Feng Shui Engine to perform a brutal sequence of attacks fitting for the vengeful sadist.

Street Fighter fans may recognize a few of Kimberly’s special moves from Guy or Zeku’s kits such as Sprint, a swift dash forward, which can be followed up with a variety of moves depending on the situation.

Nue Twister is an air throw where Kimberly grabs an airborne opponent and smashes them into the ground below. Being a spunky new ninja, Kimberly incorporates an urban twist to reimagine what Bushinryu means to her. She uses Genius at Play to stock up on a spray can, which can then be thrown to the ground as a Shuriken Bomb. During Hidden Variable, Kimberly conceals herself in colorful smoke before instantly appearing in front of the opponent for a surprise attack.

Kimberly’s Super Arts are all a rhythmic mix of quick ninja moves and the vibrant city life.

Bushin Beats (1 Stock) – Kimberly rushes forward and knocks down an opponent, then follows up with a flurry of attacks. If a Shuriken Bomb is stocked up, Kimberly uses it to add additional damage.

Bushin Scramble (2 Stocks) – Kimberly sends the opponent into the air and parkours along the edge of the stage pelting them with mid-air attacks, then ensnares them with a dive bomb-like attack.

Bushin Ninjastar Cypher (3 Stocks) – Get ready to drop the beat! Kimberly detonates an arsenal of spray cans around the opponent culminating in a chromatic graffiti tag on the ground.

Kimberly looks incredible. And since EX (uh, OD) moves are separate from Super Art meter we'd probably be able to snatch someone with that EX air grab then combo into a Super? Sounds annoying I love it.

Nice that Juri gets her infuriating dive kick back too.

11 minutes ago, imp said:

Characters looks like great fun but man, the vibe... feels like every character is Poochie. 

Can't unsee this now, thanks :lol:

Juri still looks boring and annoying. Kimberly looks kinda great.

Fun fact, Joffo wrote CRIMSON on his twitter without context while Evo was going on and I immediately checked to see if Viper had been stealth added from outside the leaked roster.

She hadn't. Dammit.

Kimberley's take on the Guy/Bushinryu archetype looks like loads of fun but I do not like the design. 100% agreed on the Poochie vibes this game has. It feels very focus grouped and like an alien grandad's attempt at cool. They're veering towards SNK's "cool" characters in their levels of try-hardery. Kimberley is basically Isla from KOV15. Please stop saying "urban" for the love of god. I preferred it when they were trying out "Chad". 

Juri looks tremendous though. Somewhere between SF4 and 5 in terms of both character build and aesthetics. Love it. 

Both of these characters look precisely as they did in the leaked concept art too. I don't think there was much doubt about that leak being legit, but I definitely don't have any now. Which means we will be seeing Dee Jay! 

I don't think the panda people would be happy about that. I'm sure HHH would love to change it back if it were legally feasible though. They're trying their hardest to wash off the Vince McMahon stink at the moment. Bet they'll still take the Saudi Arabia money though. 

Back on topic: Hadouken.