IGNORED

WiiU & 3DS eShop shutting down March 2023

ryodi

Looking through my 3ds list gave me a bit of anxiety. Like oh god I have so much to do. When I used to do my daily pokémon picross and badge arcade. All those horrible pullblox and fallblox puzzles. That Japanese nes game that I never got very far on. The third path on fire emblem birthrights that I didn't buy. All my poke men from pokémon Y. Should I do something with them? Am I going to play another normal pokémon game again? Playing through kid icarus over and over again trying to get items and...ranks? That luggage sorting puzzle game!

I guess there were games on there that I enjoyed and didn't totally stress me out?

edit: oh god and streetpass! Trying to fill in those pictures and getting steps so I could get coins so I could buy squares and do that quest thing. Aaargh

51 minutes ago, Keyboard Koala said:

Lots of people seem to have the same problem that Youtube is in their top three, whereas no-one (incl. me) seems to remember using it that often.

I now need to start playing Star Fox Zero a lot to push it into that top three...

I’m sure I used YouTube through the browser, not an app. I didn’t own a smart TV until 2015, so until then all the streaming I did was done via my Wii U. It was that feature, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon which made the console worthwhile to me. Haven’t had it set up and connected to a TV since February 2017. :( 

11 hours ago, Yiggy said:

What are the chances of some last month sales offering Eshop bargains? Presumably very low, but it’s the last chance of any revenue being earned from most of them, especially 3DS before people turn purely to eBay. 

I think the only thing I need to pick up is Apollo Justice to complete my main line digital Phoenix set. Would love to pay less than £20 for it! 

3DS Eshop has had some great bargains for some top games over the last year but the constant Switch Eshop sales have overshadowed them.

Some weeks the games on sales have been ace and at other times complete dross.

SMT IV, SMT IV Apocalypse and Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology have been as low as £12:49 (probably have gone lower since then in subsequent sales).

Devil Survivor 2 and Strange Journey have been as low as £8:99 each. 

Picked up Persona Q & Culdcept Revolt for £4:99 each last month from the 3DS Eshop.

35 minutes ago, Djx said:

3DS Eshop has had some great bargains for some top games over the last year but the constant Switch Eshop sales have overshadowed them.

Some weeks the games on sales have been ace and at other times complete dross.

SMT IV, SMT IV Apocalypse and Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology have been as low as £12:49 (probably have gone lower since then in subsequent sales).

Devil Survivor 2 and Strange Journey have been as low as £8:99 each. 

Picked up Persona Q & Culdcept Revolt for £4:99 each last month from the 3DS Eshop.

I didn’t know they were still discounting stuff. That means there might be some kind of closing down sale. 

These discounts only really apply to third party software. Most Nintendo published games haven't been on offers for months even ever in the case of New Super Mario Bros 2. Almost all of the ATLUS game have dlc attached to them as well, most of it cosmetic but some includes additional story content like Radiant Historia. 

11 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

What all do we need to snap up from the respective eShops before they’re kaputski, then? 

Fire Emblem Fates Revelation (or buy the tat edition which has all three games on one cart before it's bound to soar in price).

34 minutes ago, gossi the dog said:

Fire Emblem Fates Revelation (or buy the tat edition which has all three games on one cart before it's bound to soar in price).

Too late for that 

fatesle.jpg.000f023c4088d50e177ebcbef7d9ee0f.jpg

Although Fates is probably a bad example because it skyrocked in price as soon as it was released due to how low the print run is. All 3DS games are going for ridiculous money now and I expect another huge jump when you're no longer able to buy them digitally. 

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Scooped up some shit to trade at kecks, gonna grab me some hard copies of games I'm never going to play but will regret not owning.

Bah, absolute trash. Also hilarious how Ocarina is still 20 quid second hand.

After umming and ahhing for many many months, yesterday's news meant I finally went out and bought a New 3DS XL from CEX, to replace/complement my smaller New 3DS. The larger screens seem immense compared to the other models and it feels more comfortable to play too. It's in very good condition too, with just a couple of scratches on the shell, though I did notice one dead pixel on the corner of the screen. It's hard to notice unless it's a very bright background colour so I'm fine with it although I'll be noticing it every single time I play anything and having bad dreams about it every night. Bah/yay.

Opened my 3ds, some suggestions from me outside the usual:

- go go kokopolo 3d

- tetris gb original (virtual console) 

- freeky forms 

- hydroventure

- chase cold case investigations (by hotel dusk team-very short not as good)

- Ace attorney spirit of justice and duel destiny + dlc cases 

- Sega 3d games outrun, space harrier, after burner 2 all great 

- summer caravel 92 (vc) 

- cattrap (vc) 

Dsi ware

- wario ware snapped - fun but does function reliable 

- alt-play Jason rohrer

- starship patrol 

- 3d space tank

- gaias moon - just a fun simple one

- go go kokopolo 

Themes

- Sega saturn/megadrive /dreamcast theme (Sega Saturn's my favorate) 

- Tank Troopers

- Steel Diver: Sub Wars

- Code Of Princess (which I think looks better on the 3DS)

- Kokuga! (same guy who did Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga)

- Chibi-Robo! Let's Go Photo!

- The Denpa Men 2 & 3

- Dr. Mario: Miracle Cure

- Mighty Gunvolt Burst

- Pocket Card Jockey

- All three Pullblox gamze!

- The entire Level-5 Guild collection (Weapon Shop de Omasse, Liberation Maiden, Aeroporter, Attack of the Friday Monsters and Crimson Shroud)

- Kokuga!!

:hat:

My 3DS has digital versions of pretty much every first party Nintendo game they released for it so I think I'm good, but one thing that does worry me is that it's getting on a bit now.  It's a launch 3DS XL & I've had to replace the battery with a third-party one as Nintendo don't make them anymore, & I can't help but wonder how much more of a lifespan the unit itself has.