IGNORED

Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series - celebrating 25 years of platforming

Keyboard Koala

hero?v=2022021000

Klonoa-Phantasy-Reverie-Series-trailer.j

Klonoa is back!!

Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series brings back the 1997 PlayStation original Klonoa: Door to Phantomile and its 2001 sequel Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil remastered in one collection to fans new and old. Get ready to set off on an adventure to save the world!

BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc. has decided to release Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series on Nintendo Switch in July 2022 to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the Klonoa series.

The graphics have been improved while maintaining the world view and gameplay. It is now possible to set the difficulty level so that even beginners can play easily.

• Run and jump while using your Wind Ring to grab and throw your enemies. Adjust the difficulty levels to test your skills.

• Enlist a friend in 2 player co-op, if you need help.

Early purchase benefits:

A costume set where you can change the costumes of Klonoa: Door to Phantomile and Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil with each other.

Debut trailer:

Releases on July 8, 2022.

Besides a Switch version,  PlayStation5, PlayStation4, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One, and STEAM will also get their own version at a later date. 

rUWoHZF.jpg

On 11/02/2022 at 00:27, DeciderVT said:

Looks like a Switch purchase for me. I feel sorry for those people who were paying through the nose for the PS1 version on eBay last year.

If it means the PS1 version will drop, I'd rather pick a copy up.

• 3 months later...
On 31/05/2022 at 16:05, Oh Danny Boy said:

Looks like Klonoa. £25 is the sweet spot definitely 

I absolutely 😍 Klonoa but even I'm struggling to justify full price for this now. 

On 04/06/2022 at 15:11, Keyboard Koala said:

Comparison with the PS originals:

Colours are probably too saturated to be good.

Bloody hell, PS1 games could look lovely! 
I think I'd take the original over the remake visually speaking, as I find is so often the case with remakes and remasters. But I adore the Klonoa series so I'm just chuffed we're getting these and they look lovely all the same!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tempting...

I completed the Wii version before selling it a few years later when it became stupid money (I originally bought it used for no more than £10 from a bargain bin) and enjoyed it but not enough to buy again at £40.

Seem to remember the final boss having a different perspective/controls that annoyed the hell out of me.