Christmas 2 - are the next 4 weeks one of the best ever for gaming?

tobert

Yes pretty insane. For those bemoaning the lack of games to play... well I'm not sure where they find the time TBH! :)

Looking forward to GT7 myself! The only thing a bit niggling is that all the PS5 content may have been streamlined/compromised a bit to work on PS4 - so what is exactly is a true "next gen" experience? Shinier graphics, more stable and faster frame rate and faster load time. Guess it will be interesting to see if the dual sense adds anything to the experience.

Not really complaining as such as they will all be awesome games however if I had a PS4 Pro for example why would I buy a PS5 at the moment? Anyway. I don't and I do have a PS5 so I should quit complaining... :D I'm really enjoying going over the old PS4 games I've not played. God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn have both been very impressive and looking forward to playing through Uncharted 4 (again its been a long while since my first playthrough) and The Lost Legacy. Happy days here.  So just treating the PS5 as a HD PS4 PRO at the moment really.

I’ve no idea what the Dying Light games are so probably never. 

Horizon was alright. I quite fancy playing the new one but certainly not for £70. I’ll pick it up when it’s about £30 perhaps or on Sony’s ‘GamePass’. 

Elden Ring I’m quite tempted for on release so maybe then. 

GT7 is not my cup of tea at all. Far too realistic. 

1 minute ago, FatOldGeek said:

GT7 is not my cup of tea at all. Far too realistic. 

Indeed you can dial it down a bit but at least it has a campaign/single play mode from the get-go this time! I'm intrigued to see if/how Sony integrate PSVR2 (or one) into it. Sport was great with PSVR although very limited. 

15 minutes ago, tobert said:

4th Feb - Dying light 2

18th Feb - Horizon Forbidden West

25th Feb - Elden Ring

4th March - GT7

That is one heck of a 4 weeks...  I am wondering what I will start with and what will need to be played later in the year.  What are you planning to play from this lot? 

You missed out Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy PS5! I’ve gone for those two and Elden Ring.......plus GT7.........and a Series S for Halo Infinite, Forza 5 and Flight Sim.......and some back compat 360 games........and I’m currently playing BOTW and loving it again.......and still got loads of big PS4/PS5 games on the go. Think I might leave Horizon Forbidden West for now. Lol.

I can't think of a better release schedule than this since October/November 2007, when we were getting absolute classics every week. I'm still yet to play the first Horizon, so I'm giving that a miss for now. I've got Elden Ring preordered, which is why I've not picked up Pokemon this week as there's no chance I'll get it finished before the 25th. I'll probably get Gran Turismo as well due to Microsoft seemingly having abandoned Forza Motorsport in favour of Horizon, so it will scratch an itch that I've had for a while.

Yep, the schedule is so dense with potentially great games that I've postponed my next ACCA exam. I was due to sit a big four-hour exam early March, now it'll be early June. There's fuck all coming out in the summer and I'll have rinsed everything before then.

I'll wait for reviews and reactions here regarding Sifu, and I've already pre-ordered Horizon and Witch Queen. I'll likely get Elden Ring at some point.

14 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

I'll probably get Gran Turismo as well due to Microsoft seemingly having abandoned Forza Motorsport in favour of Horizon, so it will scratch an itch that I've had for a while.

Indeed not sure where MS are at with Forza Motorsport these days. They have been really quiet about it for a while. I expect the next one might drop this winter perhaps. Think its coming up to 5 years since 7 was released.

Also Horizon Zero Dawn is worth playing - I picked it up recently for just over a fiver for the complete edition (PS sale and PS+ discount). Enjoying it so far story and characters are pulling me in and the sound/visuals are great it runs really nice and smooth on the PS5. Using it as tester to see if I enjoy it before diving into the new one... which will probably be one of my winter games this year.

Only one I'm definitely getting is Dying Light 2. 

Elden Ring is a maybe. Don't get on with souls like games. Depends how frustrating it is. 

I was interested in Situ but I think it's going to end up being shite. 

Funny, a few days ago I was thinking of making a thread named “February needs to chill” or something. :D 

I’ll be doing my best to hop between Elden Ring and Witch Queen; there are some other things I have my eye on but they can wait. From and Bungie’s offerings alone could keep me occupied for months (unless I bounce off ER…)

Decent enough line-up, certainly. Although the only one on the list that really floats my boat is Horizon. I'm sure I'll pick up Elden Ring, and swear at it for at least a week until I realise I cannot and never will be able to enjoy these games like most seem to be able to. 

Sifu? I have an awful, awful suspicion it isn't going to live up to expectations. 

The others - no real interest in Destiny, although I did enjoy D2 at its original release well enough. GT7 can go suck eggs, as whilst I'll happily respect them and their devotion to realism and attention to detail, the lack of anything approaching 'atmosphere' in them is always a downer. Dying Light 2? God knows. Warhammer? I just paint the fucking figures. I have no desire to play the games analogue or digitally ;)