IGNORED

The Thread You've All Been Waiting For...

Laine

Right, ordered it Laine even though I can't afford. It better be good! Will watch it when I'm poorly next week from having my tonsils out. :rolleyes:

It'll make you feel so much better!

Good luck with the operation.

They are showing episodes every weekday on Sky One and Mix at the moment which is ace for me as I've hardly seen any of the ones they are broadcasting. I'm not sure what season it is but recently they had an episode with John Hannah as some colour assisted assasin and I watched one this morning set in Havana with Sydney's Dad. Does season three really start on Sunday? Excellent! I got into the last half of season two and followed most of the episodes up until the cliffhanger. I like the funky music at the start *pathetic atempt at rendition* Boo bbep Boo! The opening monatge is strangely hypnotic as well.

If you like the intro, get copy of the score for season 1...

It's by Michael Giacchino, and it's excellent.

I don't know how I'd have coped if I'd had to wait this long for the first episode of S3 after the mega cliffhnager ending of 2.

Gone mad probably.

Hurray for broadband.

Gyaaaah! End of season one and I'm just......gyaaahhh!

Incidentally, I will now wait for R2 season 2 but will start taping season 3 on Bravo from this sunday....damn you Laine damn you to Jake 2.0 hell...

Heh heh - you've got more willpower than me then, I had to order the R1 set.

Gyaaaah! End of season one and I'm just......gyaaahhh!

Incidentally, I will now wait for R2 season 2 but will start taping season 3 on Bravo from this sunday....damn you Laine damn you to Jake 2.0 hell...

You sure you can wait?

It's not due until mid-june.

Season 3 so far has been briliant, it just gets better and better, I didn't think they could beat season 2, especially episode 13, the finest 45 minutes of TV ever filmed, but I think S3 as a whole has the edge.

It's so damn good!

You sure you can wait?

It's not due until mid-june.

Season 3 so far has been briliant, it just gets better and better, I didn't think they could beat season 2, especially episode 13, the finest 45 minutes of TV ever filmed, but I think S3 as a whole has the edge.

It's so damn good!

Urghh.

Episodes 10 and 11 of Season 2 have finally started to pick up. Though 8 and 9 (The Passage) were good too.

Now... I could do something productive, or watch Episodes 12 and 13...

I have no will power.

Decided I was going to go Amazon and preorder Harvest Moon. I see MGS: TS, in the shopping cart it goes. Remember .hack//infection is out this month, in the cart it goes. Then to cap it all off I remember somebody mentioning Alias was £20.

Oh dear! Season 3 is going to be unwatchable or one to tape to edit out all those annoying adverts for Bravo programmes. Just when you think they are finished and it's about to start again they go and shove in one more trailer with John Fashanu. :(

Slight indirect spoiler..

I'm not sure if I liked the start to this season. It all seemed to be over too quickly (although I know the programme usually deals with things in this manner.)

S2 E13.

Coincidence. Redefined.

What do you mean?

Don't you think it's the greatest thing ever?

Valiant:

I was unsure about the S3 opener, but it works when you've seen a few more.

Especially rewatching it.

Watched them again up until episode 6 at the weekend, I love watching it gain, you notice so much more.

There are episodes directed by/starring David Cronenberg in this season.

I really liked them, but they are weird...

I discovered the other day that not only has my sister's mate got her into Alias, but she's dragging her to an Alias convention  :lol:

I've seen that, and as much as I like the show, and the actors who are going to it, I just could never do it.

Mind you, Sark (David Anders) is going, and I love him...

Dilemma!

What do you mean?

Don't you think it's the greatest thing ever?

Valiant:

I was unsure about the S3 opener, but it works when you've seen a few more.

Especially rewatching it.

Watched them again up until episode 6 at the weekend, I love watching it gain, you notice so much more.

There are episodes directed by/starring David Cronenberg in this season.

I really liked them, but they are weird...

Some spoilers coming up for season 3 (don't read if you don't want to.)

Perhaps strectching into a two parter would have satisfied me. I wanted Sydney's disorienation and fear of the situation to play out longer. They could have tried to trick the viewer into thinking it was all as Sydney suspected initally until the end of the first episode (i.e not actually Vaughn) then turn it on it's head before resolving that everything actually was real and she had been missing for two years. Hmm five stars for the red dress though.

Sloane is easily the best character in the series for me due to Ron Rifkin and I just hope that his relocation in Zurich dosen't diminish his presence. Using the WHO as a cover for shady operations would be classic. How exactly has this programme built up such a stable of talent? I mean you don't usually see Ethan Hawke, Tarantino, Hannah, Cronenberg and everybody else they've got hob nobbing on TV. Abrams must have really good connections.

I've seen that, and as much as I like the show, and the actors who are going to it, I just could never do it.

Mind you, Sark (David Anders) is going, and I love him...

Dilemma!

She's also dragged my sister to a Buffy and Angel convention. They just got pissed and mocked the people there.

They found it hilarious…

They get such good talent becuase of the quality of the show I think...

Everything, the acting of the main cast, the plot, production values, it adds up to be one of the greatest TV shows of its type.

Ricky Gervais signed up because he admired J.J Abram's work, and J.J was a fan so wrote the part specially.

Sloane is one of my favourite characters too, but Jack Bristow is amazing.

I find it quite interesting that the majority of the cast are critically acclaimed theatre actors.

Ron Rifkin has been in Oaklahoma!

Oh, and I'm sorry to be an uber bore, but culd you white out what happens to Syd at the end of Season 2? Or talk about what happened but don't say what it is? Hardly anybody has seen it...

Oh, and did you see Phase one Valiant? Episode 13, where SD6 gets overthrown, but sloane planned it all along, and you see the double?

Oh, and did you see Phase one Valiant? Episode 13, where SD6 gets overthrown, but sloane planned it all along, and you see the double?

What did you think of that?

I've actually only seen a splattering of season one and two. Enough to give me an idea of the overall direction of the show then I really got into it as the end to seasson two kicked in and stearted to watch it regularly. The repeats on Sky One are really helping me at the moment as they are on everyday in the morning or late at night five days a week and started from the beginning of season one last two weeks ago. Season one spoiler... Todays one was epiosde 11 where her father revealed it was her mother that was a KGB agent at CIA headquarters. It's actually been rather interesting working backwards with some of the characters because I was aware of all the backstory, intentions and revelations having watched the show the way I did.

Season three spolier

I like what they've done with the inital idea of season three as it should keep the story really fresh having removed the viewer from the normal timeline.

I agree with everything you just said, that's why I highly recommend rewatching previous episodes.

All the little looks, and whispered conversations, charcters behaviour in certain situations etc becomes so much clearer!

How they fit such a complex story together is brilliant.

J.J Abrams, you're a genius!

As for what they're doing with season 3, it's made so many more stories possible, they can really do what they want.

It was a great idea.

You see a whole new side of Sydney too.

She's back, and she's pissed off!

Phase One?

It was just a little surreal. I'd read that they'd felt they had to bring the SD6 thing to a head - since it really did beggar belief that no-one had cottoned onto the Bristow family traitor thing.

* I liked the "alternate take" at the start. As a way of pointing out that what you were about to watch shouldn't be taken too seriously it worked well.

* The double at the end was just silly.

* The first two or three shots were obviously a good idea. As were the later shots with the "observers".

* And the idea that Spoiler was behind the closing down of SD6 was just unfortunate - you should only be allowed to do things like that when the audience has a faint chance of guessing... (preferably before the episode begins).

Phase One?

It was just a little surreal. I'd read that they'd felt they had to bring the SD6 thing to a head - since it really did beggar belief that no-one had cottoned onto the Bristow family traitor thing.

* I liked the "alternate take" at the start. As a way of pointing out that what you were about to watch shouldn't be taken too seriously it worked well.

* The double at the end was just silly.

* The first two or three shots were obviously a good idea. As were the later shots with the "observers".

* And the idea that Spoiler was behind the closing down of SD6 was just unfortunate - you should only be allowed to do things like that when the audience has a faint chance of guessing... (preferably before the episode begins).

Hmmm, I have to disagree with almost all of that...

Why shouldn't you be able to guess what's coming?

Have you watched the episodes after yet?

It makes the double thing much less silly.

Haven't heard about them shutting down SD6, in case they got found out...

Oh, and what do you mean by "alternate take"? Is it a DVD extra?

Towards the end of the season it all becomes perfectly clear. And as far as I can remember, Sloane left a message that he knew Jack and Syd were traitors...he let them get away with it for a bigger plan, which he mentioned at the end of the episode.

I think it was excellent.

Yet more white text:

Yep - I believe JJ. Abrams mentioned that they had to change things round halfway through Season 2 because there's only *so* many times that Sidney and Jack could come under suspicion without anything coming of it.

And, of course, you've then got to have Sloane outing them in the email to give a reason for why they'd not been splatted by the security services until this point.

The alternate take may well be a DVD extra that's found its way into the rip I've got.

The episode just feels like a clearing of the decks.

I'll watch some more episodes now... but...

(The above contains spoilers up until S2 E13.)

I think that series television should, to some extent, be watched as a series - which means that the story should build, and not rely too much on later episodes to make the ridiculous less ridiculous.

The Sopranos does this well - later episodes add detail and context to earlier scenes in the series, but don't stop the earlier episodes being self contained stories. (In series 1 for example, the relationship between Tony and Junior becomes clearer as the series progresses - but *at no point* relies on the later details...)

(I'll admit that the genre is very different...!)

Thats what Alias does too...

I'm just saying the episode after 13 is all about the final scene in 13.

EDIT: Not even that really.

Just explains where the technology came from.

It doesn't rely on later details.

As for J.J changing what happens, I'd like to read that if you have a link.

It's always been part of the series to...

bring down SD6, I don't know how long they could have kept it going for, so do you think it shouldn't have happened?

I think the way they did it was good.

One more thing, you don't think shows should do things, and the reason why that was done be explained later?

Alias is so complex if it didn't nothing would be clear...

Oh.

I didn't say that it wasn't expected. Or wasn't necessary. Or that it shouldn't have happened.

I was just slightly disappointed about the speed with which it happened. Within 35 minutes...

I think the interview would have been in some SF magazine (read in WHSmiths...)

E13 could have done with significant parts of E14 first. It'd have ratcheted the tension up nicely.

There's two dopplegangers.

And THEN we see Francie's corpse for the first time...

But hey - that's why I'm not a television scriptwriter.

E15 here I come :unsure:

Oh, Sloane's just rung up :ph34r:

"I've fantasised about slashing your throat..."

And the absurdity of letting Marshall onto the CIA computer systems within an episode is only excuseable because the character is the best thing about the series.

They had the slot after the Superbowl, which for some reason is a mega big deal, so E13 was originally to be shown after E14..

They switched it over so people who not really seen it before could have something juicy.

As for Marshall, you seem to, like a friend of mine does, not be able to suspend your disbelief very much.

How do you cope when the guys in 24 get across town in 3 minutes?

:unsure:

Watched the Ricky Gervais episode last night and it was really good.

Never felt like I was watching David Brent for a minute and I'm sure he'll appear again.

Great story and it only last night I realised the defector was none other than Griffin Dunne AKA Jack in An American Werewolf In London.

I did feel one part was a bit too close a scene in 24 season 2.

Watched the Ricky Gervais episode last night and it was really good.

Never felt like I was watching David Brent for a minute and I'm sure he'll appear again.

Great story and it only last night I realised the defector was none other than Griffin Dunne AKA Jack in An American Werewolf In London.

I did feel one part was a bit too close a scene in 24 season 2.

I'll be watching this tonight...

I think a bit of S3 of 24 borrowed an idea from Alias.

Anyway, glad to hear Ricky was good, I was quite concerned.