IGNORED

The Thread You've All Been Waiting For...

Laine

Just watched Page 47 :wub: sure hope it explains itself...

I've watched that episode once a night for the last two nights and still can't remember what happens.

Moral: Don't waste time watching Alias when you get back from the pub at 00:30, it's pointless.

Just watched Page 47 :angry: sure hope it explains itself...

It will, don't worry!

One thing J.J Abrams is excellent at is finishing up the storylines.

You might have a little wait before it's resolved though...anyway, I'll shush now.

I'm very excited as 3:14 is on tomorrow, first new episode for a month!

It's on out on September 7th.

There are loads of good alias sites.

Try alias-media.com, it has loads of info and screen grabs and stuff.

Also has lots of links for other sites, but be careful, some sites don't mark spoilers very well.

Haven't managed to find a decent forum yet though.

I don't like to bash this show on the strength of a few episodes, cos things with a really devout fanbase tend to be good in the long run. However, saying this show is better than 24 is madness and requires curing through being kicked by a wild horse/donkey/mule type thing. 24 has Jack Bauer, you see. And once you get hooked to it even the straightest of men finds themselves addicted to Jack at some point. Its biological. I would bum Jennifer Garner, though. People who say she's mannish are more than a little...odd shall we say? Hmmm, Alias at a mere 20 squids. At that price its hardly even a gamble. I love cheap box sets.

I don't like to bash this show on the strength of a few episodes, cos things with a really devout fanbase tend to be good in the long run. However, saying this show is better than 24 is madness and requires curing through being kicked by a wild horse/donkey/mule type thing. 24 has Jack Bauer, you see. And once you get hooked to it even the straightest of men finds themselves addicted to Jack at some point. Its biological. I would bum Jennifer Garner, though. People who say she's mannish are more than a little...odd shall we say? Hmmm, Alias at a mere 20 squids. At that price its hardly even a gamble. I love cheap box sets.

Who needs Jack Bauer when you have Jack Bristow?

Hardest bastard ever, except for Arvin Sloane.

I've watched most of ep14 and you're gonna love Laine. :)

I bet I will!

U-1 just mailed me saying he reckoned I'd love it.

I hope after the month off something major's going to happen!

Reading more of the Ricky Gervais article, he reckon's Alias was really challenging, and "the most difficult thing I've ever done".

I hope he's good, but I trust J.J.

He even makes Tarantino look good!

sith, I'll lend you S2, just got it back from teyene.

It's AMAZING. So much better than S1!

And we all know how good that is!

:)

Will you have watched it before Sat?

Hell yes!

I was trying to drag U-1 around to my place tonight, but he's making me wait until Tomorrow!

Git.

We can spend all Saturday talking about Alias.

Won't that be fun?

sith, I'll lend you S2, just got it back from teyene.

It's AMAZING. So much better than S1!

And we all know how good that is!

Really Thanks

Can u bring it on Saturday please then I can have a marathon Alias day on Sunday :)

I think S3 starts on Bravo in a week or so...

Yep - they have been pushing it really hard. Unfortunately I have the second half of season 1 and all of season 2 to catch up with first. Damn you Laine, another show I am addicted to. :)

Yep - they have been pushing it really hard. Unfortunately I have the second half of season 1 and all of season 2 to catch up with first. Damn you Laine, another show I am addicted to. :)

I hope they haven't spoiled anything!

The S2 cliffhanger is massive, they can't ruin it!

Anyway, how can you only be aprt way through Season 1?

Watch it!

sithlord: I'll bring it for you on Saturday.

I don't know about the cheapest place...

I got mine for £30 from cdwow.

I think from Play it's a few quid more.

Can't you use one of thsoe horrible price comparey things?

It's not out over here yet, so I think it'll be a while before it gets down to £20 or something.

Cheers Laine.

It was quite good by the way, well worth the time invested and the £20.

One thing bugs me though (sort of spoilerish comment to follow...)

Why doesn't Sydney ever actually just KILL anyone??? She just bashes the bad guys about or threatens them with a gun, and when someone actually dies she cries.

EDIT: CD-WOW do Series 2 and Series 3, Region 1, for £27.99 each. I suspect I shall be ordering both come payday.

EDIT EDIT: I mean £28.99, not £27.99. Apologies to anyone who now can't afford it.

Cheers Laine.

It was quite good by the way, well worth the time invested and the £20.

One thing bugs me though (sort of spoilerish comment to follow...)

Why doesn't Sydney ever actually just KILL anyone???  She just bashes the bad guys about or threatens them with a gun, and when someone actually dies she cries.

EDIT:  CD-WOW do Series 2 and Series 3, Region 1, for £27.99 each.  I suspect I shall be ordering both come payday.

Well, the way see it is...

She doesn't have to kil them, she only has to incapacitate them.

The CIA is all one big secret, if lots of random guards etc started being killed, it would take a lot of explanation.

Maybe. As for her crying, I think you mean Noah/The Snowman?

Well, she was upset, and quite rightly, as she had just killed her ex, a man she cared for very much at one point in her life, and who had also betrayed her, like almost everyone else she ever cared for, Sloane etc...I could be wrong.

I kind of like how it's not full of dead guys. In later seasons, lots of people die!

I'm not making myself very clear...

She doesn't kill them because she doesn't have too. Threatening someone with a gun is an excellent way of getting information.

Killing them with a gun isn't!

I guess more people could be killed, it's just not really needed is it?

Spoilerish again:

Yes, but everybody else - Dixon, Sloane, Jack, even Will - kills people deliberately, just not Sydney. It kind of smells like a conservative TV execs decision, like 'It is forbidden for the cute heroine to deliberately kill. Under no circumstances shall she commit murder.' I know it's not a big deal, but it did really stick out like a sore thumb for me from about episode 6 onwards, and kinda ruins some of the tension.

But other than that harmless niggle it really is quality stuff, and the series ended very nicely with just the right ratio of neatly tied/untied threads. Classy.

Well, yes, I see what you mean too.

Just one more point, but I'm quite happy with what you think...

She gets much more violent in series 2.

Jack and Dixon are very different peope, I think they can kill with an easier conscience, Syd has always hated that aspect of the job.

As far as I can remember, Will killed to save himself, which is a little different isn't it?

Also, J.J probably has his reasons for Syd's lack of killing, and I think it's becase of her character. She struggles with what she does, knows she can't get out, so only kills in extreme circumstances?

Where as Jack and Dixon are trigger happy!