IGNORED

The Thread You've All Been Waiting For...

Laine

An oxymoron surely?

I was quite intrigued until you mentioned QT had a recurring acting role.......

Oh, stop being pedantic!

I was referring to the main cast

I'm not a fan of QT's acting normally, but the part was written specially for him so it works.

EDIT:

He's only in S1 for 2 episodes.

Guest Penguin_Lad

GET IN! I Cancelled the other order, and it's coming from Amazon.

I'm a happy boy, £20 for a seasons worth of DVDs! Even if it's a bit arse I can probably sell it.

I officially suck at finding good deals. Ordered season 1 on choices direct the other day, darn it. Anyway, can't wait to watch all of season 1, then season 2 which is our for PAL in June/July. Meanwhile I will have to Sky+ season 3 and watch it when I've caught up. Can't wait though, some friends of mine absolutely love it. :)

EDIT: Glad I'm not the only one, Penguin_Lad :P

I've only watched two episodes, it's good, full report to follow when I've seen the whole series.

I'm a bit disappointed that I don't seem to fancy Jennifer Garner though. Is there something wrong with me? In fact, in the scene where she posed as a lapdancer in skintight blue latex... rough as fuck. I mean, I would, obviously, but she wouldn't have been my first choice dancer in that club.

Still, the overall scenario is intriging and intricate, the acting top class, the action is well done and the characters have plenty of (potential) depth. I look forward to seeing how it all pans out.

I've only watched two episodes, it's good, full report to follow when I've seen the whole series.

I'm a bit disappointed that I don't seem to fancy Jennifer Garner though. Is there something wrong with me? In fact, in the scene where she posed as a lapdancer in skintight blue latex... rough as fuck. I mean, I would, obviously, but she wouldn't have been my first choice dancer in that club.

Still, the overall scenario is intriging and intricate, the acting top class, the action is well done and the characters have plenty of (potential) depth. I look forward to seeing how it all pans out.

I love Jennifer Garner, she has much better outfits than the rubber one, but a lot of people think she is "mannish".

One of my favourite things about the show is the character development.

It's excellent. If you think it's intricate now, wait a few episodes.

I can't imagine how they think the storylines up!

Right, I'm three episodes or so in to Alias Season 1 and it's not doing it for me so far. At what point does it get good? Genuine question: I'm quite happy to perservere but if its more of the same I might not bother.

What aren't you enjoying about it?

If it's the 'girly' bits then persevere as they build and evelop characters for those "wow" moments.

But then again 3 episodes in and you should have experienced the action, gadetry and everything else that makes it so good.

If you've got the whole of the first season and can spare 45mins a night watch it all, it is fantastic, it is a grower and as far as more of the same goes it doesn't stay on a straight and narrow plot path for too long before throwing in some proper curve balls!

Right, I'm three episodes or so in to Alias Season 1 and it's not doing it for me so far. At what point does it get good? Genuine question: I'm quite happy to perservere but if its more of the same I might not bother.

Stick with it. Its key factor is the characters, the more you watch, the more you become attached to them.

Youve got SO many plot twists to come, I wouldnt even know where to start. So I wouldnt worry about the rest of the series just being more of the same.

What aren't you enjoying about it?

Hard to say. I guess I'm not really a fan of any of the big American drama series (X Files, Buffy, Star Trek franchises, Smallville etc). aimed at young people, except 24. I would say my chief complaint is that I haven't suspended any kind of disbelief as yet, and that I've not been surprised or thrilled or even enjoyed the action much. And yet my favourite shows are the "adult" American drama series (Sopranos, Six Feet Under, stretching a point with Curb Your Enthusiasm). I guess I always think these shows are cynically targetted at an audience and rolled off a production line, and maybe I don't quite fit into their demographic.

But I can't dismiss it after a few episodes, so I'll watch a few more as you all llike it so much.

I wouldn't say Alias has just "rolled off a production line".

It's far, far too complex for that.

If you like 24, stick with it, it puts 24's cliffhangers to shame.

Stick with until the John Hannah episodes.

If you don't like them I don't think this is the show for you.

One last thing, it's nothing like Buffy, or Smallville or anything else.

OK. I rewatched episode 3 (without falling asleep part way through this time) and episode 4, and I'm starting to "feel it" a bit now. I loved the "raiding the vault with her rival" sequence and the Episode 3 "opening the briefcase" cliff hanger. But I don't much like the background music swelling over them having serious conversations, and I don't care about her friends yet. But I'm optimistic with your talk of complicated plot strands. Although I loved lots about 24, what ultimately spoils it is the fact they often have no idea how to fill the series with a long running plot. If the long running plot in Alias really goes somewhere I'll be very happy.

Well I've just clocked the first series and thought it was great!

As noted, definately better in the second half. I also half guessed at a few things, and was proved totally, totally wrong! I love it when that happens, as I normally get plots straight out - but not this time.

Bit miffed that I don't have season 2 now.

I would point out, however, that I'm surprised it's just a 15. The last episode for example...some stuff happens that's just gruesome - including a close range assasination. Ok so you don't see the blood or the guys head getting blown off but you KNOW that it's happened.

Not one for the kids!

Aside from that I thought it was top viewing - a bit unbelievable at times, but I can forgive it that.

Looking forward to a cheap Season 2 please!

OK. Episode 5 down (German vaccine expert) and it was just great. It was really well done as she tries to balance the demands of the 2 agencieswithout being caught. I am now eating my words.

Those early ones aren't even THAT great. It's the whole storyline business which is the real intruige...

If you think it's great now, imagine it being a million times greater in season 2!

Then, imagine something a million times greater than that, and you have season 3!

I'm really glad you're all enjoying it!

You're like some sort of opinion changing demon with both FF:CC and this. You have mysterious ways.

Yes.

I'm Jennifer Garner

Ha you wish ;)

Just finished season 1 and was gripped throughout truly supberb stuff, look forward to season 2 immensely, Laine I guess we will talk more about this at the meet :)