IGNORED

The Thread You've All Been Waiting For...

Laine

Guest Two Heavens

I only really caught a few episodes when it was on the TV, so I went out and bought the first season a couple of weeks ago. It's definately the acestsest bit of TV I've seen in a long while.

The thing that has impressed me most (apart from the acting, the production values, that PVC dress) is the fact that they keep the pace up really well, something that I didn't find with the likes of 24 (although I only watched about one and bit series of that in total).

Another thing...it's fun, but it's not too stupid, if you see what I mean. You just kind of accept the outlandish things. In a way it's a lot like the early Bond films.

What's Channel 5's game? Why are they showing it at midnight (not that I get channel 5 or anything)? Is it not popular over here or something?

I only really caught a few episodes when it was on the TV, so I went out and bought the first season a couple of weeks ago. It's definately the acestsest bit of TV I've seen in a long while.

The thing that has impressed me most (apart from the acting, the production values, that PVC dress) is the fact that they keep the pace up really well, something that I didn't find with the likes of 24 (although I only watched about one and bit series of that in total).

Another thing...it's fun, but it's not too stupid, if you see what I mean. You just kind of accept the outlandish things. In a way it's a lot like the early Bond films.

What's Channel 5's game? Why are they showing it at midnight (not that I get channel 5 or anything)? Is it not popular over here or something?

Thank you!

That's one thing I forgot to mention, some mad things do happen, but at the same time they are 100% beliveable.

I just love the Rambaldi stuff, that gets so good! It's like there's an alternate Da Vinci that made stuff that can be sued for evil!

It's so well put together, it's just really impresive. I too find that 24 drags compared to this, as Rygal once wrote-

One episode of Alias> One season of 24.

At least I think it was him.

I wish I was you Two Heavens, you've got so much fabulousness heading your way.

I think Alias really is a missed oppourtunity over here.

Firstly, C4 cut it to shreds, really badly. What's the point if they edit out the torture?!

Then for season 2 it moved to C5, which was weird.

It's had no publicity, and it's not pushed at all. If they'd done some snazzy campaign for it it'd be a hit.

Boo! Boo to Channel 5!

Guest Penguin_Lad
I have been watching it recently and I got R1 DVD series 1 and seen 2 disc so far.

Very good to watch and I enjoyed it. Jennifer Connolly is lovely and I like Jack Bristow as he is very strange man who is trying to do the right thing.

Marshall was funny.

I will get Series 2 DVD eventually.

I'm confused now. Not THE Jennifer Connolly, from Labyrinth?

Alias is easily the best show on American TV and you were doing so well pimping it to the forum.

However, you lost all credability when you said that Firefly was better than 24 :huh:

I think I like them both equally actually, it's just I like the characters in Firefly more. I'm really not arsed about what hapens to Kim Bauer or if Jack is doing the rignt thing. It is still an excellent show though.

Firefly makes me laugh a lot too, another reason why I prefer it to 24.

I haven't lost any credibility, just voicing an opinion so ner!

;)

Oh, and yeah Alias is the best show on US TV right now.

Have you managed to see any of S3?

SO GOOD!

And really quite sad, I've been moved to tears a few times.

I think I like them both equally actually, it's just I like the characters in Firefly more. I'm really not arsed about what hapens to Kim Bauer or if Jack is doing the rignt thing. It is still an excellent show though.

Firefly makes me laugh a lot too, another reason why I prefer it to 24.

I haven't lost any credibility, just voicing an opinion so ner!

;)

Oh, and yeah Alias is the best show on US TV right now.

Have you managed to see any of S3?

SO GOOD!

And really quite sad, I've been moved to tears a few times.

Yeah, i download S3 from IRC, although no new episode for 3 weeks :huh:

Yeah, i download S3 from IRC, although no new episode for 3 weeks  :huh:

I watched episode 13 (brilliant, brilliant!) on Wednesday.

It aired on Sunday (15th).

Before then, there was a good wait. But from now it's on every Sunday until the end of the season.

I have no idea how they are going to end it, but it's gonna be ace!

I'm not sure what U-1 uses to downlaod them, I think it's Bit Torrent.

I'm looking forward to appearances by Ricky Gervais, to go along with people such as Rutger Hauer, Roger Moore, Vivica A Fox, Ethan Hawke, Christian Slater, Isabella Rossellini and more. Quentin Tarantino also has a recurring role.

The actors are extremely talented, with the majority being theatre actors who have all recieved critical acclaim.

What else can I say? I just love it.

I did not know that.

Ok, you win, I give up. I'll watch the first season this weekend. It better not be crap.

I watched episode 13 (brilliant, brilliant!) on Wednesday.

It aired on Sunday (15th).

Before then, there was a good wait. But from now it's on every Sunday until the end of the season.

I have no idea how they are going to end it, but it's gonna be ace!

I'm not sure what U-1 uses to downlaod them, I think it's Bit Torrent.

The next episode only airs on March 7th so it's another long wait unfortunately.

The next episode only airs on March 7th so it's another long wait unfortunately.

But, but, but...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

The fan sites all said it was on every week from now!

Must not cry in the middle of the office.

:huh:

Okay, I thought I would really like this series from what I had read so bought the season one box when it was cheap on Play. I watched the first episode and it didn't grab me so it's been gathering dust ever since. Is the first episdode representative or should I give it another go?

Andy

Okay, I thought I would really like this series from what I had read so bought the season one box when it was cheap on Play. I watched the first episode and it didn't grab me so it's been gathering dust ever since. Is the first episdode representative or should I give it another go?

Andy

The pilot's odd really, because it ends leaving you with no idea what to expect.

I'd really watch the next few episodes and give the storyline a chance to kick in.

I wouldn't judge anything off one episode, especially something that relies so much on plot as this.

The pilot's odd really, because it ends leaving you with no idea what to expect.

I'd really watch the next few episodes and give the storyline a chance to kick in.

I wouldn't judge anything off one episode, especially something that relies so much on plot as this.

Thanks Laine - you have convinced me to give it another go - should have some time this weekend.

Guest Penguin_Lad
ps: amazon currently have the season 1 R2 DVD for £19.99

Mother f***er! I just paid £30 for that yesterday...and I'm sure I checked Amazon's price beforehand. Grrrrrrr :(

*Edit*

I think I've cancelled the order...let's hope.