The Thread You've All Been Waiting For...

Laine

Watched 18-20 again last night... I think 19 is one of the best episodes ever, I love it when that Deftones track kicks in at the end... bloody superb.

21 was great too... I agree with the points above. Can't wait for the finale!

:P

So, just finished season 2.

Bastards is all I can say.

Bit Torrent here I come. At least to see episode 1.

As far as cliffhangers go its one of the best!

Better get downloading mate, but believe me you wont want to stop at just one episode. :D

So, just finished season 2.

Bastards is all I can say.

Bit Torrent here I come. At least to see episode 1.

Youre crap at this!

:D

Wasn't it the best fight ever?

Wasn't the cliffhanger amazing?

Don't you want to just stab Vaughn in the face?

Do you see why they kept hold of Will?

Glad you liked it though, if you have trouble finding torrents asky HItcher uor U-1, they have links.

Watched "Conscious"(sp?) last night. Ep 8 of series 3 I think. It's the one where David Cronenberg appears. The ending reminded me of the ones you used to get in series 1 a lot (but not so much in 2) where I'd end up screaming "WHAT'S IN THE FUCKING BOX!!!" or something similar at the TV.

And that number 47 appears again. They like that numbr dont they. It's not going to turn out that it's all a tie in with the hitman games is it? (wasnt it Hitman: Codename 47 or something?)

That one is episode 9, what happened last week?

Was Syd in the facility with Lindsey?

You lucky Bravo watchers have 2 amazing episodes coming up, don't miss them!

3x10 is ace, and 3x11 is just jaw droppingly good and clever.

I got my series numbers a bit confused, I've been saying 3x12 is the mega episode.

Silly me.

Yes, this episode was the aftermath, so to speak. It was also the one where they did the thing with the whatsit. You know THAT thing. By thing I mean XBox....

I loved that bit! You can just imagin Marshall geeking it up on Xbox live, stammering away through his headset.

Marshall is my god.

I wonder why he used an XBox though...why not a PC? UNLESS!!! His Xbox is actually a super duper wuper one that can not only play emu stuff and imports, but has the power of a trillion PC's and can be used for super hacking jobs too!

XBoxes pop up in Jake 2.0 too....I sense some kind of sneaky sponsorship thing...maybe....

Marshall is my god.

I wonder why he used an XBox though...why not a PC? UNLESS!!! His Xbox is actually a super duper wuper one that can not only play emu stuff and imports, but has the power of a trillion PC's and can be used for super hacking jobs too!

XBoxes pop up in Jake 2.0 too....I sense some kind of sneaky sponsorship thing...maybe....

The Rotunda was locked down, obviously!

So he had to use his super hacked up Xbox to access the internet.

But, yeah probably sneaky sponorship.

Youre crap at this!

:unsure:

Wasn't it the best fight ever?

Wasn't the cliffhanger amazing?

Don't you want to just stab Vaughn in the face?

Do you see why they kept hold of Will?

Glad you liked it though, if you have trouble finding torrents asky HItcher uor U-1, they have links.

Crap!? I watched them as promised. Am going to download episode 1 tonight. Yar, me hearties! It was a corking fight, and no I still see no real reason for Will to be around. He should have got killed in season 1. But hey, it was still a corker of a finale although I don't quite get it. Suppose the nest series explains it, yes?

Crap!? I watched them as promised. Am going to download episode 1 tonight. Yar, me hearties! It was a corking fight, and no I still see no real reason for Will to be around. He should have got killed in season 1. But hey, it was still a corker of a finale although I don't quite get it. Suppose the nest series explains it, yes?

Heehee, sorry I meant you didn't disect and discuss in minute detail!

Spoiler for end of season 2:

Wills research discovered that Francie was really a double.

So he was usefull! A bit.

The next series is a real good one, you'll be waiting a while for closure though!

3x10 is ace, and 3x11 is just jaw droppingly good and clever.

I got my series numbers a bit confused, I've been saying 3x12 is the mega episode.

Silly me.

Yeah that confused me. I watched 10 and 11 at the weekend, and was mighty impressed. I had a bit of trouble getting 12 - the torrent was slow - but I kept at it, because Laine said it was amazing, and I finally finished downloading last night. So I excitedly pressed play and... meh.

So i watched 13 & 14 as well. It's getting really good! No spoilers here, let's just say Sydney and Vaughn have really met their match!

And that number 47 appears again.  They like that numbr dont they.  It's not going to turn out that it's all a tie in with the hitman games is it? (wasnt it Hitman: Codename 47 or something?)

Yep does appear a lot doesn't it. There's quite a lot about it on the web. My search seems to have lead me to Pomona College and the fact that all numbers equal 47!!

Check out http://www.pomona.edu/Welcome/Trek/47trek.shtml

The 47 thing was (also as far as I can tell) something started in Star Trek and the Alias thing is homage (possibly to this).

There are a lot other references to other shows/films in the series. My favourite being the one in an early episode where Will goes to the docks and walks past the Alba Varden (the ship from Lethal Weapon 'Alba Varden's not a women it's a boat').

Yeah that confused me.  I watched 10 and 11 at the weekend, and was mighty impressed.  I had a bit of trouble getting 12 - the torrent was slow - but I kept at it, because Laine said it was amazing, and I finally finished downloading last night. So I excitedly pressed play and... meh.

So i watched 13 & 14 as well.  It's getting really good!  No spoilers here, let's just say Sydney and Vaughn have really met their match!

Sorry!

But wasn't 3X11 ace?

It was so clever, and the covenant are so evil!

Loved how the covenant just set a big trap for her so she'd try to find out what happened, then it turns out she erased her memory herself!!

Didn't you like 12?

I love the "72 hours earlier" ones!

13 and 14 are really good too, how did you like 14?

I thought it was a nice change of style, really enjoyed it.

Was 14 the one where halfway through it stopped and started again from the opposite viewpoint? I thought that one was brilliant (except for the moment when I thought my avi file was corrupt because it seemed to jump back to the beginning), despite the fact that I knew perfectly well who was working against our heroes. And the mask was this close to coming off!

I didn't notice anything particularly unbelievably mindblowing in episode 11. I mean, yes, we did find out what had gone on in the missing years but it was a little overdue and not all that surprising. Nothing to compare with episode 2x13 which came completely out of the blue. Good stuff though, want to see more from those 2 years.

I can't wait until the undercover enemy is revealed... there will some seriously angry retribution going down, followed by lots of snogging and ripping off of clothes etc.

I did watch 15 last night too, but I fell asleep and can't remember it.

PS: SPOILER: Don't you think maybe they're recycling the 'CIA man seduced by female enemy agent' plotline a little too much? That's the third time!

Was 14 the one where halfway through it stopped and started again from the opposite viewpoint?  I thought that one was brilliant (except for the moment when I thought my avi file was corrupt because it seemed to jump back to the beginning), despite the fact that I knew perfectly well who was working against our heroes.  And the mask was this close to coming off!

I didn't notice anything particularly unbelievably mindblowing in episode 11.  I mean, yes, we did find out what had gone on in the missing years but it was a little overdue and not all that surprising.  Nothing to compare with episode 2x13 which came completely out of the blue.  Good stuff though, want to see more from those 2 years.

I can't wait until the undercover enemy is revealed... there will some seriously angry retribution going down, followed by lots of snogging and ripping off of clothes etc.

I did watch 15 last night too, but I fell asleep and can't remember it.

PS: SPOILER:  Don't you think maybe they're recycling the 'CIA man seduced by female enemy agent' plotline a little too much?  That's the third time!

Yep, 14 is that one. That jump back got Hitcher too! Ford did a 24 esque sponsored bit in that episode, I didn't really notice though.

I guess 12 isn't as good as 2x13, but I love it for the big explanation, and how sad it is, and the final scene and stuff. It's still a pretty big episode. One of the biggest in the season (until that point anyway :)).

Spoiler: I kind of think that, but maybe in Spy Land that happens all the time? Heehee, makes for some damn good stories though.

A question about the David Cronenburg episodes:

Did you like the dream sequences? I thought they were cool, but U-1 thought they were quite gay, he thought they weren't very Alias, and wanted her to recount her dream in the boardroom of the Rotunda! Boring!

Spoilers again:

The dreams were excellent. I love all that surreal stuff, trying to figure out the meaning of it all, and Will, and Lauren, and Syd was wearing this revealing white skintight thing and she faught herself and shot herself in the chest! A pity none of it turned out to be quite as cryptic as it seemed, quite the opposite in fact (Will had the meaning of the cereal box next to him, Lauren is evil, Sydney fighting herself was just Julia telling Sydney that she really should leave it alone), but still ace. Actually, I think that's mainly why it wasn't such a surprise when thingy told all to Sydney on the plane, the big surprises were kinda diluted too much instead of just hitting you in the face like in series 2.

I desperately need to see more of Lauren and Sark doing their thing. They are just superb, especially Lauren, who reminds me of the excellent Nina in 24.

OMFG I just remembered something! Sloane is (maybe) Sydney's father! [Luke] Noooooooooooooo! [/Luke] Was that in episode 15 or did I dream it?

Edited for additional thought.

Spoilers again:

The dreams were excellent.  I love all that surreal stuff, trying to figure out the meaning of it all, and Will, and Lauren, and Syd was wearing this revealing white skintight thing and she faught herself and shot herself in the chest!  A pity none of it turned out to be quite as cryptic as it seemed, quite the opposite in fact (Will had the meaning of the cereal box next to him, Lauren is evil, Sydney fighting herself was just Julia telling Sydney that she really should leave it alone), but still ace.

I desperately need to see more of Lauren and Sark doing their thing.  They are just superb, especially Lauren, who reminds me of the excellent Nina in 24.

OMFG I just remembered something!  Sloane is (maybe) Sydney's father!  [Luke] Noooooooooooooo! [/Luke]  Was that in episode 15 or did I dream it?

That last question...you remebered it right!

I nearly died when that happened!

The middle bit of season 3 is just ace, the Americans hate it, but they are rubbish anyway.

I thought 3x14 was a bit lazy actually. There wasn't anything going on from the second viewpoint that was clever or illuminating. It just looked like a way of reusing the same footage to pad out the episode.

That's a very good point. There was no great mystery revealed when you see it from the second viewpoint. I mentioned earlier that you already know who our heroes are up against (or at least you make a well-educated guess), so there needed to be a bit more to it to make that episode actually worthwhile.

Spoiler:

I've just remembered the bit where Marshall got married mid-mission! How very silly. Could have got our Sydney deaded!

I downloaded episode 1, season 3 last night so will probably watch that tonight. But looking at the list on Suprnova they don't have episodes 4,5 and 9. This makes me sad. Anyone got them on a disk that I can borrow?

Probably. But as it takes about 5 hours to download 1 episode, I can't exactly rush through them, can I?

You could download one a day.

Start it in the morning, watch when you get home from work.

Easy!

You could download one a day.

Start it in the morning, watch when you get home from work.

Easy!

That's what I do, except I've got a bit ahead of myself. Due to 3x12 not being on suprnova I had to wait about a week for it to trickle down through Overnet, by which time I'd downloaded episodes 13-20 via bittorrent. 1 more to go and I'm done!

I tried to watch episode 15 again last night (Ricky Gervais!), but I fell asleep again. I'm going to watch them all by the weekend though, and finally I'll be immune to Alias spoilers, so I can go back through this whole thread and read them. Also, I'll be able to make my patented highly accurate predictions for the season finale.