The Thread You've All Been Waiting For...

Laine

Ok I just got in to this and have only watched the first season.

It took me till episode 7 to get into this as I found it all a tad strange at first. I still don't like the fact that she doesn't kill anyone - it would have saved her a lot of hassle.

Her dad is quite simply the coolest bloke alive.

I had the same complaint after watching the first season, about 15 pages back in this thread probably. Laine reassured me and she was right, it soon ceases to be a problem.

Jack Bristow - I thought he was cool, almost as cool as Jack Bauer, but I've just watched episode 2x17 and he's revealed himself to be a gullible fool. Even I saw that coming, it couldn't have been more obvious, so disappointing. Jack Bauer would never have let that happen, never!

Still, this series is building to quite a climax, I can't stop watching it.

I had the same complaint after watching the first season, about 15 pages back in this thread probably. Laine reassured me and she was right, it soon ceases to be a problem.

Jack Bristow - I thought he was cool, almost as cool as Jack Bauer, but I've just watched episode 2x17 and he's revealed himself to be a gullible fool. Even I saw that coming, it couldn't have been more obvious, so disappointing. Jack Bauer would never have let that happen, never!

Still, this series is building to quite a climax, I can't stop watching it.

In Alias, everything happens for a reason...

:(

In Alias, everything happens for a reason...

See, I'm kinda glad you said that because you were right last time, but at the same time I wish you hadn't because now I'm going to have to think about it all day until I figure it out.

One other thing is bothering me:

I'm having trouble accepting that Will, who had just fallen in love with his close friend and housemate, didn't notice when she was killed and replaced by a clone who acts like a robot. I can understand Sydney not noticing because she's hardly ever there, but Will?

Reassure me again Laine...

Edit: Ok, I've thought about it. Spoiler: He only made her think he removed the tracker from her shoulder! Or he replaced it with a smaller one, or something! She's going to lead him straight to Sloane's hideout! Yes? No? Yes?

I'm sooooo not telling you.

Very slight spoiler about your question, you *should* know this:

She has been hypnotising him at night, and she tells him things like "We had the most amazing sex last night and stuff like that. I think she is tricking him into thinking she is normal Francie. I think she's doing quite a good job really, trying to be normal Francie but evil at the same time. I think it's because we know she is bad, so really she is being "normal Francie," but we notice little things (like her evil stares!) much more. Also, I think Will has been in love with Francie for ages, so he's almost a bit dreamy about her, "Oh wow! I'm with Francie! I love Francie" that her odd behvaiour hasn't really set off any alarm bells.

I'd not really thought about it to be honest. That doesn't make much sense, sorry!

I did know that, but I'm still not convinced.  Well, maybe... love is blind and that...

That's just my take on it, but, well, wait a bit!

You see though (admitedly, not seen these eps for a while) but I thought Francie was doing pretty well at pretending to be Francie, still being a bit evil, but not doing anything too suspicous.

Anyway Dom, your problem is you demand answers straight away!

You have to let things run there course!

Something that happened in season 1 was recently resolved. In season 3!

That's like 44 episodes after it happened! When you get a "Previously on Alias" that is that far back you know it's going to be a good episode.

:P

Well, I'm not really looking for answers straight away, I just thought I'd spotted a couple of character inconsistencies that's all. I was worried that maybe Alias was losing its greatest strength or letting its standards slip.

And something from series 1 got resolved? What the fuck can that be? Hurry up stupid downloads!

Well, I'm not really looking for answers straight away, I just thought I'd spotted a couple of character inconsistencies that's all.  I was worried that maybe Alias was losing its greatest strength or letting its standards slip.

And something from series 1 got resolved?  What the fuck can that be?  Hurry up stupid downloads!

Something really, really great!

Oh, and not wanting to give too much away...

You never thought the inconsistencies might be deliberate..?

Season 2 is a very high standard right till the end.

I have a feeling you might think a bit of season 3 drags, but it has some ace cameos to keep you going until it all kicks off.

I hope you've been downloading season 3 too, you will not want to wait for it!

3:18 and 3:19 last night. 3:20 tonight. That's start to finish in 2 months, over 1 episode a night. We'll be completely desolate with no Alias to watch. I reckon my wife has enjoyed this more than just about any TV programme ever.

If you [Vaughan] were going to fall in love with someone utterly evil, I can totally understand why it would be her.

3:18 and 3:19 last night. 3:20 tonight. That's start to finish in 2 months, over 1 episode a night. We'll be completely desolate with no Alias to watch. I reckon my wife has enjoyed this more than just about any TV programme ever.

What did you think of 19 then?

It is one of the highlights of this season for me.

Oh, and when this season finishes I think I'm going to cry. I will be devestated with no Alias to watch...

Love the quote too...

Marshall: Neopolitan is my favourite ice cream...

Lauren: Mine too *pout*

Marshall: Gulp!

Heehee!

3:19 was good, although I'd built it up in my mind that it was going to be even better. I'd probably have carried the very last scene over to the next episode. I'm desperate to know where they are going to take the main storyline in the next few episodes. That's shaping up very nicely.

The Season 2-3 transition was pulled off so well: resolving some of the main plotlines and yet leaving some of the central mysteries hidden so you weren't left thinking, "Was that it?". I hope they can do it again, without us feeling cheated, or worn out by the plot twists.

I do worry that some people (not me, of course!) might think the constant twists a bit wearing, or even an easy get out clause to tie up/lengthen the life of a story.

I think how they get away with it is that they are always believeable, and always explain things perfectly, and most of the time jaw droppingly surprising, so it holds the viewers interest.

Try watching season 1 again now, it's really interesting to see what things have happened in later episodes from what you think at the time are innocent happenings, or as Dom_B thinks at the moment, not quite right things that later on make perfect sense.

Unfortunately, trying to find out about a 4th season led to me to a spoiler for these final few eps, but luckily it was something I suspected.

I have now idea how it will happen though.

Oh dear, I need to articulate my thoughts better if I'm going to do a DVD commentary!

I half agree about that final scene, I don't think I could have coped for a week thinking that though!

Oh, and not wanting to give too much away...

You never thought the inconsistencies might be deliberate..?

Well, no. To be honest I don't often tend to think too much about that sort of thing when I watch films or TV, which is great because I get surprised when I'm supposed to. Which is why I was confused by the obviousness of what happened in 2x17. I really should stop asking you stuff because I don't really want to know, I just like talking about it.

I hope you've been downloading season 3 too, you will not want to wait for it!

I have the first 3 episodes so far, so at least i won't be left hanging at the end of series 2. Downloading the rest of series 2 and the latest 24 is taking priority right now though although I will probably grab a couple more for good measure.

You guys heard anything about Weiss' new show? It's from JJ Abrams and apparently it's an 'off season' show so he can still do Alias.

No! Wow, what ace news.

Must do some research later.

I've heard J.J is doing 2 other shows though. Maybe he's in one of those?

*runs off to find out*

Source: http://www.culttv.net/

New pilots find competitors in unlikely places

Looking beyond the espionage antics of Alias, producer J.J. Abrams is all at sea with his next project, Lost. Developed with Damon Lindelof, writer and co-producer on NBC’s forensic drama Crossing Jordan, and based on the previously pitched Aaron Spelling drama Nowhere which went nowhere, Lost follows the survivors of a plane crash forced to build a new society on a remote Pacific island.

Over at NBC, Mark Burnett, the executive producer of reality shows such as The Apprentice and Survivor has a script commitment for his own castaway drama Eden. Pitched as a limited 13 episode series that could evolve into a ongoing show, Eden centres on a group of youths from diverse backgrounds, brought together on a summer study cruise, who find themselves marooned after being shipwrecked during a storm.

Abrams' second new project for ABC, the bounty hunter drama The Catch starring Greg Grunberg who appears as CIA Agent Eric Weiss in Alias and a female bounty hunter lead still to be cast, is expected to be considered for midseason 2005 to allow Abrams to get Lost up and running.

The catch is, CBS are considering their own as yet untitled pilot focusing on bounty hunters. Written and produced by Terri Hughes and Ron Milbauer, Robert Forster, fresh from playing the retired Marshal Sisco in ABC's short-lived Karen Sisco, has been lined up to play a gruff and imposing bounty hunters whose two sons join the family business.