IGNORED

The Thread You've All Been Waiting For...

Laine

Pffft. Alias is wank. I've really gone off it. It just seems so lazy now. I mean really (this is S3 I'll be talking about, so SPOILERS AHOY!) the first episode where she gets her father out of prison. He's supposedly (in the NSA's eyes) an enemy of the state now, and they let him out for some blueprints?!? For a spy rocket?!?! And she gets NO punishment at all? Yeah right...

The whole Lauren/Syd conflict is just stupid, and they argue over stupid things. "We need to speak to Sloane!", "NO HE'S EVIL!!! WE CANT TRUST HIM", "But he's given us reliable information for the past year. I've told you this like, 20 times now", "I DONT CARE, I KNOW IM RIGHT BLAH BLAH BLAH!!!" It's annoying.

Vaughn went back to his job too easily. For someone who apparently took so long to get over syd, you'd have thought he'd have just stayed away when she came back, especially as he'd moved on with his life.

That's all really....

Right. Trying not to read any spoilers in George's post above. If there are any spoilers, do you want to white them out?

I've just finished Season 2, and S3 ep 1. Fantastic stuff. Really well done. That character, and the way s/he acted between seasons, what a c*nt, eh? Never liked him/her.

Seems like a good opportunity to thank Laine again. Good call. I thought you were wrong, but you were so right. My wife nearly killed me when I suggested waiting a while before watching Season 3.

Is it safe for me to play the Alias game yet, or do I need to watch S3 first?

Right. Trying not to read any spoilers in George's post above. If there are any spoilers, do you want to white them out?

I've just finished Season 2, and S3 ep 1. Fantastic stuff. Really well done. That character, and the way s/he acted between seasons, what a c*nt, eh? Never liked him/her.

Seems like a good opportunity to thank Laine again. Good call. I thought you were wrong, but you were so right. My wife nearly killed me when I suggested waiting a while before watching Season 3.

Is it safe for me to play the Alias game yet, or do I need to watch S3 first?

There, I whited it out for you. Happy now? ARE YOU!!!!

And a question for you, but its a spoiler for eveyone else, so I'll put it in spoiler-vision....

THAT character? Do you mean Vaughn? Because he moved on with his life and accepted that she was dead? I dont think he did anything wrong. It's not like Jack told him that she was still alive, or showed her that tape.

Alias is great fun, but it's little more than escapism. At times it's laughably unrealistic, and the acting isn't quite West Wing now is it?

Good fun, great to watch, an interesting story, but hardly the best thing evah!!11

S3.

They needed *something* to add a twist to the season. And what they did seems fair enough.

As long as we're happy with the utter incompetence of the CIA or even more bizarrely the changing of Jack Bristow from Enemy of the State to top rated field agent between E1 and E2.

THAT character?  Do you mean Vaughn?  Because he moved on with his life and accepted that she was dead?  I dont think he did anything wrong.  It's not like Jack told him that she was still alive, or showed her that tape.

Almost two years? That's quick work to get all your pining over Sidney done and then romance and marry someone else. He must have been upset for all of 2 weeks. Actually, when I said it I didn't realise they had DNA evidence of her death, I thougth she'd just gone missing.

So the backlash starts already.

I'm up to date on S3, and all the weird stuff you're bitching about makes perfect sense. Also, you have no idea how much time passes between episodes.

Jack could have been debriefed over the space of a few weeks...

Who cares anyway? Have you not seen the episode where Vaughn explains he was so screwed up it almost killed him? He had to move on, otherwise it would have destroyed him.

As for Syd being all argumentative and a bitch, and annoying, just think for a second...

End of S2/early S3 spoilers:

Yeah, so Syd is being a cow. Of course she is!

" years of her life have vanished. BEwfore then, Sloane was public enemy number one. It is far to difficult for her to understand that now he's a hero. The love of her life is married to somebody else, who is worried Vaughn will go back to her.

Of course this is casuing majot conflict. To Syd, she has been gone a matter of days, not years. Jack was let out as he was in prison on trumped up charges anyway. Lindsay had to let him go. I like how they've made Syd pretty much unlikeable. It's a brilliant change of direction.

Anyway, you know how each season has one mega amazing episode?

This one's is episode 12. It's amazing.

Oh, and there's some really cool set pieces too, and good guest stars.

It's like, what...3 episodes in on Bravo?

Don't go all fan site on me and dissmiss it.

At least it's not as bad as Buffy 4!

You still havent explained how Syd got away with basically holding her government to ransom with no punishment at all.

Because they need her, stupidhead.

The governments all for doing deals.

Like pardoning criminals in exchange for help, and for letting people go in exchange for highly desirable military blueprints.

No point if they then imprisoned the person doing the deal!

Anyway...how do you know if she got away with it?

Keep watching already.

Yeah, it's just what they need, and agent that holds them to ransom to get something that she wants. The fact is, other than the blueprints she had NOTHING to offer them (other than being highly trained - but still replaceable), and I still find it hard to believe that they would let go a perceived enemy of the state for them. And they could quite easily imprison her after the deal. Why couldnt they? Saying that there's no point is just silly! She's commiting a crime! Why would they keep her employed?!! It's not any different to her stealing a nuke and then threatening to detonate it ifhe's not released. Why would they simply say "Hmmm, it's okay lets just let her go about her business. I'm sure she'll never try anything like this again!"

I'm sure she could cut a deal as such in the real world, but I'm also sure there's no way she'd be allowed to keep her job if she did.

Yeah, it's just what they need, and agent that holds them to ransom to get something that she wants. The fact is, other than the blueprints she had NOTHING to offer them (other than being highly trained - but still replaceable), and I still find it hard to believe that they would let go a perceived enemy of the state for them. And they could quite easily imprison her after the deal. Why couldnt they? Saying that there's no point is just silly! She's commiting a crime! Why would they keep her employed?!! It's not any different to her stealing a nuke and then threatening to detonate it ifhe's not released. Why would they simply say "Hmmm, it's okay lets just let her go about her business. I'm sure she'll never try anything like this again!"

I'm sure she could cut a deal as such in the real world, but I'm also sure there's no way she'd be allowed to keep her job if she did.

Well, fine.

I have said what I think.

If you don't like it that's your problem.

Why didn't Sloane have her killed way back in season 1 for even less stupid things?

Becasue then there would be no alias.

I don't know what your problem is.

You know this show, you know nothing is what it seems.

She as everything to offer them you fool, have you not been paying attention?

As I said previously, Lindsay is far from finished with her.

As for the soap opera side of things, you're right George: I was too harsh on Vaughn.

Laine: am I safe to play the game without spoilers now? Oh, and I noticed Suprnova has "Alias: the story so far". What's that? I don't want to watch anything that gives anything away.

Okay, a very slight spoiler for George's benefit:

Lindsay is obsessed with finding out where Syd was. He is also a very bad man. Syd knew the leverage she has are her missing 2 years.

See also, why she lied about remembering in the first episode. She needed. She was desperate to get Jack out so he would help her.

So, she used the blueprints, knowing Lindsay couldn't do anything to her becasue he wants her memories.

Happy?

As for the soap opera side of things, you're right George: I was too harsh on Vaughn.

Laine: am I safe to play the game without spoilers now? Oh, and I noticed Suprnova has "Alias: the story so far". What's that? I don't want to watch anything that gives anything away.

You can play the game now.

I'd say you need to get to E14 of season 2.

I don't know what that Story so Far thing is...maybe a recap for people who never saw season 1 and 2?

No! You weren't too harsh on Vaughn, he's a bastard!

I do see why he did it though. He gets worse soon too!

I'm up to 3x17 so far and loving it.

Best thing on TV by a country mile IMO, although I don't generally watch much TV so I haven't experienced any of the other big US shows, apart from 24 which is also great(but not as good as Alias).

Some truly memorable episodes, plot twists, character development, acting, directing... everything really. The whole style and direction they've taken with the series is amazing IMO, and Jennifer Garner is fantastic... as are all the other's, guest stars included.

:lol:

I'm up to 3x17 so far and loving it.

Best thing on TV by a country mile IMO, although I don't generally watch much TV so I haven't experienced any of the other big US shows, apart from 24 which is also great(but not as good as Alias).

Some truly memorable episodes, plot twists, character development, acting, directing... everything really. The whole style and direction they've taken with the series is amazing IMO, and Jennifer Garner is fantastic... as are all the other's, guest stars included.

Me too!

Hopefully be seeing 3:18 tomorrow!

The end of 17 made me go "Oh My God Finally Kill It Kill It Kill It!!!!!!!!!!!"

I know these last 4 eps are gonna be a blast.

You're ace!

B)

What was the episode where Marshall showed a picture of his college years?

Damn that was so funny... I sooo need to get a screen grab of that.

Oh, I don't remember the episode, but it was really funny.

For all your Alias screen grab, script, photo, synopsis, news, gossip etc etc needs...

http://alias-media.com

Has virtually frame by frame grabs of every episode! Some are a bit dark though, like the lingerie shots from 2:13.

:o