IGNORED

The Thread You've All Been Waiting For...

Laine

You are so lying about not having the new episode for me too watch on Wednesday.

Aren't you..?

:(

I was checking SuprNova all day before I looked at a TV guide and realised. :P

He will have the Alias game for though (mind you it's crap). ;)

U-1:

You are so lying about not having the new episode for me too watch on Wednesday.

Aren't you..?

No this isnt revenge for the cruel April fools joke you played on me. (although it would have been a bloody good one) Its really hasnt been shown.

Next episode April 11th according to the official Alias website

He will have the Alias game for though (mind you it's crap). 

Ahh...actually I wont have that either. It got stuck on 20% ;)

Edited by U-1

Britney!!!!

Why didn't you post about the end of season 2?!!!!

OH MY GOD!!!!

What did you think?

Don't forget to mark your spoilers!

Right then, here goes. ;)

I don't think I've ever watched so much telly! Anyway, S2 was bloody good, Syd's mother is a brilliant character and the finale was :(. On the whole though I don't think S2 was quite as good as S1, but very close though. Although that's probably because with the first series, everything and everyone was just so new and fresh.

S3 so far is brilliant, and a nice change of direction. :)

Interesting. Thanks britney!

I think S2 is the best, as it changes everything you thought might happen.

I love taht character so much! That's another reason why I prefer 2.

S3 is fabulous, I'm up to episode 17, so only 5 more until it ends.

;)

It's reached one of those points where you have no idea what's going to happen. You just know it'll be great!

Oh, and how do you feel about

Lauren Reed?

Ooooh I want to smack it in the face!

Edited by Laine

Nearly half way through Season 2 now (the little gadget fella has just been out on a mission), and I think its not been quite as good as S1 so far, with fewer surprising twists and turns. Still, by the sound of things that's about to change.

It's nothing like Buffy.

At all.

I just like to make this clear.

:rolleyes:

What it is, is one of the most intelligent, well written, best produced and acted US TV shows ever.

It's brilliant. I really can't praise it highly enough.

Enjoy!

It's nothing like Buffy.

At all.

I just like to make this clear.

:rolleyes:

What it is, is one of the most intelligent, well written, best produced and acted US TV shows ever.

It's brilliant. I really can't praise it highly enough.

Enjoy!

I don't want it to be "like" Buffy in any other way than that it's good.

Oh, sorry!

It's just that a lot of people (U-1 especially used too think this) dismiss it as "Buffy with guns" which couldn't be further from the truth.

It annoys me greatly.

So far, it hasn't had a bad season, although it is only on the 3rd.

I was put right off Buffy after a couple of bad seasons.

I watched this last night, my flatmate had a videoed episode. The main protagonist is very sexy during the action but any downtime she comes off as weak and simpering... why!?

Pretty poor overall, but not as bad as some of the othershite on TV. Also it is clearly not Buffy with guns. Though I bet Buffy was in the creative mix somewhere.

I watched this last night, my flatmate had a videoed episode. The main protagonist is very sexy during the action but any downtime she comes off as weak and simpering... why!?

Pretty poor overall, but not as bad as some of the othershite on TV. Also it is clearly not Buffy with guns. Though I bet Buffy was in the creative mix somewhere.

She is anything but weak and simpering. She's tough. She takes no shit.

At the same time, she also has a life outside of kicking people in the head. She ha friends and is struggling to build a relationship with her father.

Maybe you caught an episode which concentrates on this aspect.

It depends on what episode it was, what season.

What's been happening to her etc.

It's not a show that can be judged then dismissed from one episode.

The storylines continue over 3 seasons (that's 66 episodes!) so you have no clue what is happening if you watch 1 episode.

It's only failing really, you have to watch it all.

Buffy was not in it's creative mix either.

I'm such an Alias geek I could bore you to death about the creation of this show, but I won't.

What I can tell from one episode...

Basic characters, characterisation, acting, scripting and production values. Judged not for me but not as bad as I've heard. The story may well develop over 66 episodes but I wasn't left wanting to find out anymore.

Basic characters, characterisation, acting, scripting and production values. Judged not for me but not as bad as I've heard.

Basic?

Basic?!

It has some of the best acting I've ever seen in a US show!

The production is amazing, especially how they do all the different locations just in LA.

The script is clever, funny and moving.

The characters are some of the most well developed ever.

You know them so well you can tell how they'll act in certain situations.

You feel for them, you want them to be OK.

All their little habits, and looks, and speech...so well done!

EDIT:

The 66 episode thing, that's my whole point!

You didn't see the first episode, you've missed loads, it deserves to be seen from the start, or at least a few into season 2.

Of course if you see a random episode you wouldn't be arsed.

so I watched 45 minutes, don't get hooked, don't really rate it -why do I watch anymore - am I retarded television junkie? That you find the script clevewr and funny is excellent, I don't. It was riuddled with cliched emotions, overplayed by quite excitable actors.

so I watched 45 minutes, don't get hooked, don't really rate it -why do I watch anymore - am I retarded television junkie? That you find the script clevewr and funny is excellent, I don't. It was riuddled with cliched emotions, overplayed by quite excitable actors.

Wrong!

But I'm not arguing with you.

Jack Bristow and Arvin Sloane...excitable?

Heehee!

The only remotely excitable actor is Marshall, and he's supposed to be like that!

Anyway, you don't like fair enough. I just disagree with your criticism.

If I knew what one you saw I might think differently. All episodes aren't perfect.

Basic characters, characterisation, acting, scripting and production values. Judged not for me but not as bad as I've heard. The story may well develop over 66 episodes but I wasn't left wanting to find out anymore.

I know where you 're coming from xiph, but I think its a harsh judgement. It's very difficult to see the merits of the show from one episode. I was about 5 episodes in before I thought it was anything more than a generic production-line US teen show. At its worst, it still checks some of those boxes, but I've thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm not a fan of any other mainstream US network "escapist" drama shows. I do think it transcends them, at its best. It's very well plotted, enjoyably escapist and really entertaining. I'm enjoying it in the same way iI enjoyed Dr Who as a boy. I think Tarantino is right to be a fan: it might not be Shakespeare, but it's probably worth giving it another go.

Some dodgy CGI in it, though.

5 episodes... it's not that I couldn't but there is so much other stiuff to do - that's valuable time.

Wrong!

But I'm not arguing with you.

You are sort of arguing with me. Be honest.

By excitable I mean more that they have taken there roles to extreme on the overiding personality traits - which may change over time granted, but I'm not convinced.

Maybe I'll rent a DVD's worth then... just to see like. I'll have to justify the whole expeience with some company but I can take it.

5 episodes... it's not that I couldn't but there is so much other stiuff to do - that's valuable time.

True enough. If time is short I'm sure there's a good film you could be watching instead. Like all TV shows the good bits are stretched out over a series. If you missed it, I couldn't honestly say your life would not be worth living, but if you're in the market for a fun, intelligently written pulp TV show it's worth a look. I haven't watched any other telly for weeks: I've even got the new series of the Sopranos and a few episodes of 24 on the Xbox waiting in line to be watched. And The Sopranos is one of my favourite things ever.

You are sort of arguing with me. Be honest.

By excitable I mean more that they have taken there roles to extreme on the overiding personality traits - which may change over time granted, but I'm not convinced.

Maybe I'll rent a DVD's worth then... just to see like. I'll have to justify the whole expeience with some company but I can take it.

Heehee, whoops! I meant any more.

I'm not arguing with you any more.

I dunno if you can rent the S1 box set.

You need to see it from the beginning really.

I got into it staright away, I loved the pilot, although it's very self contained and doesn't really let on what's going to happen.

If you don't love the bit in the stadium with the briefcase (3/4 in?) it's not the show for you.

If you don't love the bit in the stadium with the briefcase (3/4 in?) it's not the show for you.

That was the point I decided Laine might have been onto something. www.lovefilm.com do a free trial, and they have Alias S1 for rent.

Hello. I'm one of the people Laine converted to the joys of Alias. jooooin usss

I love the plot twists, the fact Jennifer Garner wears some of the best outfits ever, the soundtrack, Jack Bristow kicking ass, the obvious sexual tension which goes on in episodes. Oh, god! That episode in the mental home! Genius! Guessed the season finale though.

Tarantino episode was surprisingly good too. Aha! The Sloane/Sydney relationship! Also cool! I still haven't watched all the extras yet either...

Need Season 2. Yes.

I love it as it grown on you so much, then wham I miss it so much since I finished series 2 DVD boxset. I have to wait until September to watch Series 3 R1 DVD Boxset. It is painful as I can't watch Files off the internet due to no subtitles and TV alway mess it up with logos, adverts and show them in 4:3 (Yuck)

Laine is correct you can't judge it for 45 minutes. Either watch the whole thing properly or don't bother.

I KNEW IT! YES!

It means she's coming back!

The cliffhanger!

I've been waiting 18 episodes for that, oh my god!

If he had any sense he'd run, now.

He might pretend it's all normal though.

I hope it means Sloaney baby is going to be OK...

Please be OK!

I loved this episode (3:18) it had seemed so long since a good fight, and this ep had a brilliant one.

The talk Jack had with Vaughn, excellent!

Then the slo-mo distraction bit!

Ace, ace!

Bah! Only 4 episodes left now.

:P

I told U1 the ending would be 'Oh My God' stuff. :D

I was thinking the same thing about the kick ass fights (or lack of) lately.

It felt like a 2 hour episode to me.

It was brilliant, one of the best of the season!

I loved Syd and Vaughn's trip to the club, Vaughn in PVC and eyeliner, complete with lip ring!

I'm a bit confused why the guy in the panic room was scared of Sydney, I thought all that stuff was part of Rambaldi's plan?

Oooooh, major revelations must be coming!

I bet Vaughn is feeling rather silly right now. He should know by now Jack is always right.

Oh, and Jack found out! He's not going to help Sloane! Hopefully what Vaughn now knows will force them to drop the charges, then Jack and Sloane can have a showdown.

Can't wait until next week.

:D