rllmuk Pinball League

bradigor

27 minutes ago, Cheeko said:

Been meaning to mention this, it's great, I did the history of Williams / Pinball is dying episodes and now working through the individual ones. It's mad that pinball was such a thing, then died, Stern somehow dragged it's dead corpse on for more years and now the machines are going for crazy money and the industry is growing again. 

This is where I hope the growth in the industry doesn't see a crackdown on sites like VPF and VPU. They are helping drive people's interests in tables. There is a table coming out (might be out) that uses a mobile phone as a gimmick, but the maker has made it clear that there will be BO digital recreation of it. VPF have categorically said they will not entertain any hosting of attempts to make it, due to the legal risk. 

With much of the commuinity being built around trust, from what I can tell it does feel like it could all fall apart if the right blocks are knocked out. 

Am going to check out that podcast I think. 

The joys of working at home mean I can grab a game or two during the day if I have a few mins, the downside is that my wife often wanders in for a chat and has no appreciation for when you are on 10billion, have two stacked extra balls, almost at Destroy Mars and already have the 5 way combo.

Game over at 10.5bn 😑

13 minutes ago, Cheeko said:

The joys of working at home mean I can grab a game or two during the day if I have a few mins, the downside is that my wife often wanders in for a chat and has no appreciation for when you are on 10billion, have two stacked extra balls, almost at Destroy Mars and already have the 5 way combo.

Game over at 10.5bn 😑

Try it with kids in your ear, when you are partially sighted and rely on sound as much as anything ;) 

I got a 9bn on ball one earlier (having used an extra ball), was looking great. Kids come in arguing and I finish on 9.7bn :lol: 

Jesus... the issue with good recreations is that the tables can have a life of their own. 

Few goes tonight and couldn't get over 2bn. The flippers seemed to have extra bounce and I couldn't trap anything at all. Urgh... taking a break and loading up later to see if it wants to be a tad more friendly.

@cheeko, can you do me a favour and screenshot your physics settings? I have a feeling my kids have messed with the table.

It is in Preferences > Configure (Optional) Global Physics Set

image.thumb.png.2c4a546ef053617a0e7bed39b1c74e45.png

Having a quick play they seem pretty similar but Jurassic Park appeals more, also is cool with Stern’s release of the new one, need table master @Omizzay to make the final decision. He’ll probably suggest something totally different and we’ll play that :)

I'm not a big fan of Jurassic Park and there are loads of better tables IMO, but honestly I'm not fussed man.  Just happy others have caught the pinball bug.  Thought I was alone for a long while :D

I am looking to see if I can make a random generator to choose a weekly table based on certain criteria. 

Or even running weekly and monthly events. 

So look at some top classics monthly and other tables weekly

Need time to process the Attack From Mars table, you hear so much about it and it’s so many people’s all time favourite as you mentioned @Omizzay and now I’ve had time on it it’s a hell of a lot of fun. 

Initially I couldn’t really tell what was special, but there are so many things that are quite forgiving and fun, like the way you can stack the modes so you don’t worry about starting something else. Also I feel it’s simple enough to make it easy to understand but has just enough depth to give it longevity, I can see why the modern machines have so much more as they’re designed for long term  home ownership and years of tournament play.

Also as was discussed the animations are great, extra ball and multiball are of the best I’ve seen so far.

There was a twitch stream hosted by Deadflip where they have 10people all streaming their tables and playing a tournament for fun, it’s so great seeing how all the tables are slightly different and the custom mods people make.

Having put a couple of games on it, I now like Jurassic Park quite a bit - never really gave it too much time before.  So I'm actually looking forward to this week.

I don't usually like the physics of Bigus tables too much.  For JP, the best two versions are Siggi's Mod (which changes the playfield to more cartoony graphics, and the 1.03 version of the table.  Strangely, they're not available on either VPF or VPU.

I'll take them off my machine and share them with you guys and then we can decide which version to go with.