Jump to content

rllmuk Pinball League


bradigor
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yeah both this week's tables (Spiderman and Metallica) have Magnets, in Metallica it's in front of the electric chair and I guess the real one triggers on and off quickly to jiggle the ball about like it's being electrified, similar to Tales of the Arabian Nights. In Spiderman there's a super annoying one that just stalls the ball before you go to shoot it from the top flipper to throw you off. Plus one that holds your ball and if you can hit it off the magnet it starts multiball. There's an amazing on on Dracula that makes a ball appear to magically float across the table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Cheeko said:

Yeah both this week's tables (Spiderman and Metallica) have Magnets, in Metallica it's in front of the electric chair and I guess the real one triggers on and off quickly to jiggle the ball about like it's being electrified, similar to Tales of the Arabian Nights. In Spiderman there's a super annoying one that just stalls the ball before you go to shoot it from the top flipper to throw you off. Plus one that holds your ball and if you can hit it off the magnet it starts multiball. There's an amazing on on Dracula that makes a ball appear to magically float across the table.

Also , ones in front of the flippers on guns n roses (data east) that really seem to affect the direction of the balls and similar thing on Addams family.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Cheeko said:

Yeah both this week's tables (Spiderman and Metallica) have Magnets, in Metallica it's in front of the electric chair and I guess the real one triggers on and off quickly to jiggle the ball about like it's being electrified, similar to Tales of the Arabian Nights. In Spiderman there's a super annoying one that just stalls the ball before you go to shoot it from the top flipper to throw you off. Plus one that holds your ball and if you can hit it off the magnet it starts multiball. There's an amazing on on Dracula that makes a ball appear to magically float across the table.

I was going to mention the Dracula one.  It's amazing.  Also, can't forget the original - Addams Family!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shall we do Addams Family for next week's table? Metallica has become a touch frustrating at this point as you lose a lot of balls with it and the objectives seem to be repeated hits on the same targets for multiballs, unless I'm missing where the ramps come in, they are the more enjoyable shots but don't really seem to get you much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
On 21/07/2022 at 15:24, Cheeko said:

Shall we do Addams Family for next week's table? Metallica has become a touch frustrating at this point as you lose a lot of balls with it and the objectives seem to be repeated hits on the same targets for multiballs, unless I'm missing where the ramps come in, they are the more enjoyable shots but don't really seem to get you much.

It's been a while!  I'm back from traveling and ready to play some vpinball.

 

Anyone still down to play?  Happy for any table.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 18/07/2022 at 09:05, geldra said:

Got to play on a few tables at NERG over the weekend. NBA Fastbreak being a highlight. 
 

One thing that a friend pointed out to me was that there appear to be magnets under the play field that influence the ball travel?  I’m guessing this is true (I may be stating the absolute obvious here…) as I couldn’t unsee the way the ball moved kinda oddly near the flippers. 
 

If this is the case, is this emulated in stuff like Pinball FX (my only real frame of ref as a console only player).
 

Also, I am very very dreadful at playing pinball. 

 

Did you realise that we linked up the two NBAs at NERG?  You can basically play a head to head game against a player on the machine next to you. It turns the game into a timed game, so each player gets a multiball at the same time and things like that. It's a pretty great experience and unique in the world of pinball

 

I keep meaning to get a floor mat made to highlight the fact they are linked, because so many people don't realise

 

Anyhow. It's Pinfest at Daventry this weekend if anyone is stuck for something to do. 130 machines I think we're up to at the moment, with some being used in comps but the vast majority on free play (after your entrance fee). Highly recommended if you're into pinball. And I'll be on the desk of the main comp there if you want to say hi 

 

www.ukpinfest.com for all the details

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Wizcat said:

 

Did you realise that we linked up the two NBAs at NERG?  You can basically play a head to head game against a player on the machine next to you. It turns the game into a timed game, so each player gets a multiball at the same time and things like that. It's a pretty great experience and unique in the world of pinball

 

I keep meaning to get a floor mat made to highlight the fact they are linked, because so many people don't realise

 

Anyhow. It's Pinfest at Daventry this weekend if anyone is stuck for something to do. 130 machines I think we're up to at the moment, with some being used in comps but the vast majority on free play (after your entrance fee). Highly recommended if you're into pinball. And I'll be on the desk of the main comp there if you want to say hi 

 

www.ukpinfest.com for all the details


I did not realise that, no. But the pins were so busy on the Saturday that I just grabbed a go as soon as a machine became free so I doubt I’d have really noticed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Man, if I had just a little bit of artistic skill it'd be piss-easy to make an EDF total conversion for Attack of Mars. All the call-outs you'd ever need are already in the console games.

 

There's a new barcade near the office with a Mandalorian machine sitting in the window but it doesn't look like the place ever actually opened for business and their last facebook post was over a year ago. FML.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello! I am still alive, long story but we sold our house and are currently living in a motorhome in Cornwall so not much pinball time of late :D

 

Good news is we had an offer accepted on a house with a decent sized building / workshop in the yard that I reckon would be perfect for a pinball restoration project (and my home office for virtual action of course).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2022 at 14:58, Girth Certificate said:

There's a new barcade near the office with a Mandalorian machine sitting in the window but it doesn't look like the place ever actually opened for business and their last facebook post was over a year ago. FML.

 

AND it has a pinball bros Alien machine. So sad :seanr:

 

On the upside HMV has an Addams Family. dodododo CLUNK CLUNK! :D 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 16:22, Omizzay said:

@Cheeko Missed your initial post, but yeah I'm definitely still playing my cab regularly.  Happy to continue though it looks like it will just be me and you :)

 

Will try to get a decent high score on Addams and post soon.

Get on it!

 

07CBF6A3-B547-488A-A73E-115E5B2DD662.thumb.jpeg.1340ae2c3c1416cd4df76cf584899bd9.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok.  I'm getting frustrated with Addams now. 

 

Shall we move onto Star Trek next?  Either Stern's Star Trek Enterprise LE or Williams' Next Generation.  Both are amazing so you can choose. 

 

Here are the versions that have the best physics:

 

STLE - https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=15247

TNG - https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/10332-star-trek-the-next-generation-mod-nfozzy-fleep-sounds-lut/

 

Live Long and Prosper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/10/2022 at 19:20, Cheeko said:

@Omizzay yeah I can't get near that, where are the points in this game? I've just about figured out how to end a mission and move onto the next to make rows but I seem to slog it out for ages and end up with 30m

Yeah, I had to watch a tutorial on YouTube to figure out this game and how to get big points.  Finish missions, get gold medals, get the various multiballs, etc.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Currently my best effort, I did manage to almost complete a full grid of missions yesterday playing more cautiously, but I still only ended up with about 60m points, maybe whatever mode you get when you complete the set is worth a chunk of points but I’m still trying to figure out where the points are.

1E45028E-9CD8-4248-AF51-68B1D69A607B.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some links for helping learn a new game

 

PinTips - Quick 'twitter style' tips

https://pintips.net/games/41

 

PinballVideos.com - Awesome database of tournament and tutorial style footage if videos are more your thing

https://pinballvideos.com/m/star-trek

 

For ultimate nerdery and insider knowledge you can read the rulesheet and the ensuing comments from literally some of the best pinball tournament players in the world (Keith Elwin/sk8ball. Raymond Davidson/rayday. Colin Mc Alpine/Snailman etc) on tiltforums:

http://tiltforums.com/t/star-trek-wiki/456/21

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the pinner front I was recently at a party at Tilt in Birmingham, anyone been there? Amazing selection of pinners - in one row alone they had Medieval Madness, Attack from Mars, Monster Bash, Elvira Scared Stiff, Twilight Zone and Circus Voltaire! Plus Addams Family but that wasn’t working. Brilliant place!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

my best score is 113m on a real machine, you can pretty much keep hitting the multiballs over and over again and use them to make easy work of the missions. The better you do on the missions (there's like a bronze silver gold thing) you unlock multipliers on some of the shots and then when you do 3 in a row you get another unlock on bumpers or ramps or whatever. Also hit the warp ramp a bunch of times for a fairly easy extra ball. 

 

Tilt looks pretty great, some all time classics and brand new games as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tilt is great, and they always get the latest pins there thanks to their partnership with the largest (consumer) distributor of pinball machines in the UK who pretty much uses that venue as a storefront.

 

There's also the Fife Street place in Nuneaton, just outside Birmingham. Loads of pins and arcade cabs (on coin drop).  There's a pinball tournament there this weekend that I'm headed to if anyone interested (ping me for details, there's not much on the official site: https://www.fifestreet.club )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/11/2022 at 14:55, Cheeko said:

Currently my best effort, I did manage to almost complete a full grid of missions yesterday playing more cautiously, but I still only ended up with about 60m points, maybe whatever mode you get when you complete the set is worth a chunk of points but I’m still trying to figure out where the points are.

1E45028E-9CD8-4248-AF51-68B1D69A607B.jpeg

Good effort man!  Honestly, most of my games I get well below 100M but I did manage a couple of decent efforts.

 

Anyways, I think we should move on and this week - let's concentrate on what many consider to be the GOAT - Medieval Madness!!!

 

image.png.f2c41f8886795e01a29659f6fb874c6b.png

 

This is the most realistic and best version of the table IMO - https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/9784-medieval-madness-mod-nfozzy-fleep-sounds-lut-11/

 

But hopefully those who don't have VPX can join us on Pinball FX as well.  Happy flipping!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.