IGNORED

rllmuk Pinball League

bradigor

On 18/06/2022 at 13:29, Omizzay said:

I got Covid on Tuesday so haven't had a chance to play at all.  Will be back soon.

I suggest VPW's version of Metallica after TFTC :D

Sorry to hear that dude! Hope you feel better soon, waiting for that breakthrough game on TOTC, stuck at 200m and one thing in particular I cannot manage is getting multiball on the first ball, maybe I just need to let it go and focus on modes.

Nice! I can’t really find any specific ways to get bigger points, seems like you just have to keep stacking completed modes and multiballs?

On a good run I can maybe get two multiballs with an extra ball and get a few modes along with that but the gains are incremental.

14 hours ago, Cheeko said:

Nice! I can’t really find any specific ways to get bigger points, seems like you just have to keep stacking completed modes and multiballs?

On a good run I can maybe get two multiballs with an extra ball and get a few modes along with that but the gains are incremental.

It seems ridiculous hard to get it up the right ramp, 9 times out of 10, when I hit it, it just rolls straight back down. On that game, I got about 3 multi balls and picked up a couple of extra balls, which really helped.

I have to say that the VPW tables, look soooooo much better, than the previous versions and my cabinet tv is only 1080p

Does anyone have a 4k cabinet build and if so does it make a big difference?

Okay cool yeah so I’m on the right path with it. Yeah that right ramp takes no prisoners.

The setup I have is 4K, its one of those things that when you load up a table it looks that extra bit solid and crisp, especially with the art these tables have, but when you’re actually playing you don’t notice it at all.

My setup is unusual being a vertical screen but its closer to my face than a tv would be.

On 25/06/2022 at 21:10, DUKENUKEM2UK said:

Is that a DIY digital pinball or brought if it's a DIY one looks good job

Nah not DIY, I had a 24” job I bought from eBay, enjoyed it and wanted to go to the next level and found a guy on a pinball forum, who did pinball repairs & restorations and would do a vpin rather than scrap an original cab. He had one that was nearing completion, so traded my 24” against it, which he then sold on.

Its a real cab, with real pinball legs, backbox & plunger and I’m pretty happy with it. It also has headphone and USB port on the front ,which comes in handy and an accelerometer for nudge functionality p. Doesn’t have no solenoids or feedback though, which is a bit of a shame.

All in, I’m happy with it and really enjoyed it over the last couple of years.

Right... I need a refresher. 

I had my setup for 2 screens (vertical table, horizontal backglass) I need to setup again so I am on a single screen with a horizontal monitor, what is the key setup I need?

On 27/06/2022 at 17:21, Shaky burn said:

Nah not DIY, I had a 24” job I bought from eBay, enjoyed it and wanted to go to the next level and found a guy on a pinball forum, who did pinball repairs & restorations and would do a vpin rather than scrap an original cab. He had one that was nearing completion, so traded my 24” against it, which he then sold on.

Its a real cab, with real pinball legs, backbox & plunger and I’m pretty happy with it. It also has headphone and USB port on the front ,which comes in handy and an accelerometer for nudge functionality p. Doesn’t have no solenoids or feedback though, which is a bit of a shame.

All in, I’m happy with it and really enjoyed it over the last couple of years.

Playing on a cab is amazing I agree.  One thing I wish I asked for was a headphone jack on the front.  But I do have tactile feedback and it's incredible - feels like the ball is really rolling around the table.  I didn't get solenoids either, as I think my wife would've divorced me if I did :)

Think I'm done with Tales from the Crypt.  I can't even get a high score registered coz I can't get over 250M.  Best I've gotten is like 220M I think.

Anyways, I'm going on holiday end of next week so I'm going to be out for a while.  But until then I'm going to be playing Spiderman and Metallica so hopefully you guys will join in for some high scores.

Spider-man Vault Edition - VPW: https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/6530-spider-man-vault-edition-siggis-mod-stern-2016-vpw-mod/

Metalllica Premium Monsters - VPW: https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/6058-metallica-premium-monsters-stern-2013-vpw-mod/

Right, this is frustrating. I have managed to get the tables to display landscape, but my DMD is now showing as the default one, not my updated Freezy ones. What would I be doing wrong herE?

5 hours ago, bradigor said:

Right, this is frustrating. I have managed to get the tables to display landscape, but my DMD is now showing as the default one, not my updated Freezy ones. What would I be doing wrong herE?

Not really sure what you mean.  Send a pic, but you should be able to right click on the DMD and save position wherever you want.

Here's what I managed to do with the two new tables so far.  Nothing great, but a start nonetheless.

6eW9jSB.jpg

DooHXyt.jpg

@OmizzayI think I sorted it somewhat. It was still trying to use my screenres.txt from the 2 monitor setup, so the DMD was on a screen that no longer existed. 

I need to now try and sort out the best way to run some of the older tables, with the scoring built into the backglass. 

Is anyone else here using the desktop setup?

10 hours ago, Omizzay said:

Think I'm done with Tales from the Crypt.  I can't even get a high score registered coz I can't get over 250M.  Best I've gotten is like 220M I think.

Anyways, I'm going on holiday end of next week so I'm going to be out for a while.  But until then I'm going to be playing Spiderman and Metallica so hopefully you guys will join in for some high scores.

Spider-man Vault Edition - VPW: https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/6530-spider-man-vault-edition-siggis-mod-stern-2016-vpw-mod/

Metalllica Premium Monsters - VPW: https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/6058-metallica-premium-monsters-stern-2013-vpw-mod/

Ah nice! Yeah I’ll be on some Spiderman action, this’ll probably need to run for a couple of weeks as i have a lot of chaos approaching.

Not had any time to play lately but this is my existing high score on the VPW Metallica monsters table.

Something to have a crack at🙂

Not had a lot of luck with that version of spiderman, downloaded etc but get a rom error when trying to load☹️

9E6D7DF0-1444-49AF-ADA0-9D31B340E393.jpeg

Managed to find this awesome place in Brussels and spent a few hours with my kids.  The great thing about virtual pinball is that it teaches you the rules and you can actually play pretty decent when you play on a real table.

3F4aF7o.jpg

7qCYZ2e.jpg

ivy7tpC.jpg

yNZNLtJ.jpg

Y1K02wi.jpg

wfGkJcS.jpg

Wow, that’s a nice line up of pins,,,would love to try a real IJ table.

Ok back to business, I’ve got spiderman downloaded and working (although the colour dmd has gone weird and is like garish purples, shame as it’s one of the best coloured dmd’s)

Just to clarify, we are always doing a 3 ball game ? (This version has defaulted to 5, so will need to look up how to change it)

They are some good spider scores you have got there though👍

8 hours ago, Shaky burn said:

Wow, that’s a nice line up of pins,,,would love to try a real IJ table.

Ok back to business, I’ve got spiderman downloaded and working (although the colour dmd has gone weird and is like garish purples, shame as it’s one of the best coloured dmd’s)

Just to clarify, we are always doing a 3 ball game ? (This version has defaulted to 5, so will need to look up how to change it)

They are some good spider scores you have got there though👍

Yes always 3 balls.  Weird that yours defaults to 5.  You can always open the options to the table with the End button I believe when your in game to access the options and you will be able to change languages, number of balls etc there.

I actually spent the most time on IJ, Addams Family and Twilight Zone.  And NBA Fastbreak was pretty sweet too.

It actually makes you appreciate virutal pinball tables, as you have them available to you all at once :)

Started playing Metallica, its funny how many of these kinds of themes there are, I’ve never been into AC/DC, Metallica(definitely not Rush!) et al but I cant deny the tables themselves are a lot of fun and weirdly the branding seems to lead to cool little objectives.

Actually, having said all that I’m not into superheroes either haha! Spiderman is a really great table.

Both of these feel like evolutions of Mars Attacks which is never a bad thing!

Got spiderman changed to 3 balls per game and had a few goes yesterday,,,,,,,got to battle royal but best score I got was 198m, well short. It plays really well though but you can easily have a game where you are all done for under 20m😞, the side drains off the slingshots are brutal at times.

The modes are really good fun too.

Got to play on a few tables at NERG over the weekend. NBA Fastbreak being a highlight. 

One thing that a friend pointed out to me was that there appear to be magnets under the play field that influence the ball travel?  I’m guessing this is true (I may be stating the absolute obvious here…) as I couldn’t unsee the way the ball moved kinda oddly near the flippers. 

If this is the case, is this emulated in stuff like Pinball FX (my only real frame of ref as a console only player).

Also, I am very very dreadful at playing pinball.