IGNORED

rllmuk Pinball League

bradigor

I was hoping to get an AtGames Legends Pinball machine at some point, however space looks to be an issue even though I got rid of my 4 player MAME cabinet.

However it looks like AtGames may have a solution (skip to the 3 min mark)…

https://youtu.be/2cbPxpsVTEo

If this comes to the UK I’ll be all over it!

1 hour ago, PikaStu said:

I was hoping to get an AtGames Legends Pinball machine at some point, however space looks to be an issue even though I got rid of my 4 player MAME cabinet.

However it looks like AtGames may have a solution (skip to the 3 min mark)…

https://youtu.be/2cbPxpsVTEo

If this comes to the UK I’ll be all over it!

I would go for this instead personally - https://gameroomsolutions.com/shop/24-table-top-virtual-pinball-cabinet/

I’ve seen kits like these before, but by the time you’ve bought two screens, the encoder etc, hooked it up to your PC and set up the software… you’re maybe better off getting an AtGames one which comes complete and ready to go, with “exciters” and gyro sensors for feedback and nudging, plus the ability to stream from Steam over the network of you want to add tables.

I dunno, each to their own, I’m just a bit lazy! If the AtGames one comes in under £450 in the UK I’ll bite!

I’m fancying some Black Knight 2000 for the next table if we’re up for that? Or we can let Ghostbusters run for another week, I’m kinda caught between knowing I can get a better score vs being sick of the ball draining and ending a go on less than 5mill

20 minutes ago, Cheeko said:

I’m fancying some Black Knight 2000 for the next table if we’re up for that? Or we can let Ghostbusters run for another week, I’m kinda caught between knowing I can get a better score vs being sick of the ball draining and ending a go on less than 5mill

Yeah, Black Knight 2000 is great.  Make sure to use this version - https://vpuniverse.com/files/file/9054-black-knight-2000-williams-1989-w-vr-room/

Sweet yeah, I’m away most of this week so maybe it’ll be a 2 week run.

I am done for now with Ghostbusters, I feel like I’m playing it ‘properly’ now, building modes focusing on the right ramp, but I’ll have a great game and end up with less than 200million whereas when Injust focused on getting multiballs and bashing everything I could I seem to score better. Maybe it’s a modern stern thing, that’s what happened with Deadpool too.

Haven't had a chance to Black Knight yet, but will do this weekend.

Just wanted to post this epicness, especially as we've already played the VPW version of LOTR (probably in my top 5 games of all time):

I’m totally stuck in a right-flipper rut with BK2K now so looking at a new table, either the new VPWorkshop version of Simpson’s Pinball Party or World Cup Soccer 94?

I found a 1.3 version of World Cup and the table looks awesome, dunno if @omizzay has any newer ones. If not I've uploaded it here World Cup Soccer VPX

Man I am loving World Cup Soccer, still not totally sure on what I’m doing but I just shot the crap out of everything and beat Germany in the final for a nice 2.7bn.

D7DDD5F7-7F2A-4EA4-9EA7-34C2DD428809.thumb.jpeg.af792eac6b34dc3d6b81b82fda326f82.jpeg

Hey @Cheeko.  Really haven't had time to jump on my cab in a while so I haven't even touched BK I'm afraid.  World Cup Soccer is amazing, as is Simpsons.  Will check tonight whether I have a newer version of WCS.

The goalie is such a simple mechanic but oh man, there are games when you cannot get a shot in the goal. Got 3.4bn despite failing to beat Germany in the finals, ah man.

Still loving this table, I’d actually consider buying a real one if only it wasn’t a bloody football theme 😑 maybe another Popadiuk table will scratch that itch.

2FF8F6FE-8F47-4DC3-BE21-2ED194CBBF27.thumb.jpeg.5e3bcaad557d162d151f509e2b0a3ab7.jpeg

I just started playing again last night, but for some reason have been drawn to learning Tales from the Crypt so focused on that.

Gonna give World Cup a proper go tonight - wasn't really feeling Black Knight too much.

On 07/06/2022 at 01:57, Cheeko said:

The goalie is such a simple mechanic but oh man, there are games when you cannot get a shot in the goal. Got 3.4bn despite failing to beat Germany in the finals, ah man.

Still loving this table, I’d actually consider buying a real one if only it wasn’t a bloody football theme 😑 maybe another Popadiuk table will scratch that itch.

2FF8F6FE-8F47-4DC3-BE21-2ED194CBBF27.thumb.jpeg.5e3bcaad557d162d151f509e2b0a3ab7.jpeg

I'm getting close...

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Cheeko said:

Nice! Can do Tales From the Crypt for the next table for sure.

Definitely up for that.

Over to you...

spacer.png

@bradigorwhat's your eye situation like?

Would be nice to get back a few of the players we had before.

@ZOK @Girth Certificate @mrben09 @Melon_Bread @Parappa @Mortis @shirubagan @Mr Majestyk @Wizcat - we'd love to have you all back.

I’ve just had loads going on and haven’t had the time to put any decent scores together. 
 I still have a quick look at the tables as it’s always good to help filter :)

if I get anything approaching a decent score I’ll post up :)

@Omizzay Getting better. I just started as an intern (at 40!) at a games PR, so pretty snowed under too. When I get a chance, I am going to reset my VPX to run single screen again to help. 

I’d love to join in, but I don’t have a way to play VPinball as I use a Mac… at least until my Steam Deck arrives in god knows when, so it’ll have to be tables from Zen for me to join. :( 

Well I guess that’s me done with this table 😯

D1CFD53F-08A4-49A0-9135-C81BE144F339.thumb.jpeg.7f498790cb813f79d1afdd8d6cf61cfc.jpeg

Must’ve had 4 extra balls, bonus on ball 2 was almost a billion in itself. I got to the Final a second time and actually lost the last two balls trying to hit the damn draw scoop. 

It’s crazy when you hit that flow and you feel invincible, I usually avoid the right ramp and in this game was regularly going for it and hitting it all the time.

Glorious. What a great table.

On 12/06/2022 at 17:13, Omizzay said:

You beast @Cheeko!  Will have to try to get close to that if I can, but doubt it.

Yes, definitely the VPW version of Tales from the Crypt.  It looks like a fun table with loads of modes.

So much flailing about on this table, seems like you just have to keep hitting the scoop and the crypt for modes and multiball but the ball goes up into the pops a lot of the time and then quite likely a drain down the middle. Gotten 150-160m a few times but no further as yet. I find I'm missing shots or whacking it about a lot and the shot to get the ball into the top flipper is crazy tight.

One thing I will say about it, it's quite a consistent table in terms of scoring, there are so many where you don't know if you'll get 1mill, or 500mill, but this seems fairly regular.

I've found that backhanding the ball off the right flipper to either try and hit the spinner / extra ball lock, or the three bank of targets will often get the ball onto the upper flipper so you can then hit the crypt or the scoop to start a mode which is super helpful.