IGNORED

Games with Gold for February 2022

Mr Do 71

January was pretty good - Radiant Silvergun and Space Invaders: Infinity Gene are not bad, and as a survivor of the era when everyone on rllmuk's fondest dream was to go to Japan, the fabled land where you could buy Radiant Silvergun for £1, it's nice to get it for free and finally be able to play it. Not so keen on next month's games, although it follows the usual trend of having an Xbox One game I've never even heard of, accompanied by an Xbox 360 game that I'd forgotten even existed.

4 minutes ago, Girth Certificate said:

I was all excited to play Radiant Silvergun but I started playing and there seemed to be a different type of weapon for every single button on the pad and then I was dead anyway so I just deleted it.

Honestly, this attitude gives me a headache...

The game choices were so uninteresting that I ended up looking at the rest of the image. Do people really care about Gamerscore as a valuable commodity these days, as it's now persisted for three generations of consoles?

Genuine question, I'm curious if it ties to Microsoft Rewards these days or something. It's just a strange thing to advertise in the age of Game Pass where you can raise some arbitrary number by a much larger margin just from playing an hour of the hundred other games kicking about.

1 hour ago, Girth Certificate said:

I was all excited to play Radiant Silvergun but I started playing and there seemed to be a different type of weapon for every single button on the pad and then I was dead anyway so I just deleted it.

It's well worth giving the game a chance. It rewarding to learn (even though I'm still shit at it) and you will notice yourself getting further with every turn.