IGNORED

Rainbow Six: Extraction

Strafe

Obvious Day 1 server dramas not letting you in. Is this worth keep hammering the OK button for? I thought Rainbow Six games were all about shooting brown people/freedom haters so intrigued by this premise.

3 hours ago, Sumire said:

Should be ok for co op with mates I reckon..maybe.

Is this actually available on Gamepass Ultimate for PC or do you have to subscribe to Ubisoft+ to get it?

3 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Just cloud and console for Game Pass.

You can get it on Gamepass PC, but you need to link your Microsoft and Ubisoft accounts and then you install and play it via the Ubisoft app.

3 hours ago, Sumire said:

Is this actually available on Gamepass Ultimate for PC or do you have to subscribe to Ubisoft+ to get it?

As @JPR said ( @moosegrinder is incorrect) - yes its available for PC on GamePass - Ive just played it.  I do not have Ultimate, either, just PC gamepass.

I did have to link my Ubi and Xbox Live account - on a webpage, took all of 15 seconds and the PC Xbox app walks you through it.

30 minutes ago, Valver said:

As @JPR said ( @moosegrinder is incorrect) - yes its available for PC on GamePass - Ive just played it.  I do not have Ultimate, either, just PC gamepass.

I did have to link my Ubi and Xbox Live account - on a webpage, took all of 15 seconds and the PC Xbox app walks you through it.

Thanks. I messed it up and linked it to some old ubisoft account i had, but it works now.

The grind definitely feels real with this one and the tutorials don't really explain much either from what little I played. 

Will give it some more time over the weekend and see if I get into the groove of it...the guns sound woeful though I must admit. Not at all like they do in Siege which all sound meaty and pack a punch, very odd that they didn't just use the same ones. 

EDIT: It's clicked now. We were playing it gung ho earlier. Having gone back to the tutorials and playing solo, it's clicked a bit more in that it's more based around stealth and evading enemies. Actually quite like it to be fair, I'd never pay a full retail price for it but as part of gamepass, it's definitely one I'll dip in and out of with mates. 

The VR tutorial shows that the game itself is polished, functional, and quality. What it doesn't do very well is make it exciting, but then ... it's a tutorial. The only complaints I'm seeing are about how bland it is, and I'm now wondering if that's because people played it at too low a difficulty? Because I've watched some streams and it looks as if the streamers are having fun with it.

I also quite like the idea that it's a bit less confusing than Siege, to be honest. That game is clearly brilliant, but so hard to get to grips with at first. Some dumb alien zombies might be just what I need to re-engage with the franchise while I wait for Vegas 3!

They’ve fleshed out limited event they had years ago in R6.

I like the stuff they’ve ripped off from MGSV and I think I like the idea of the operators having to be rescued next mission if you want to use that operator again and gain the XP you had before being downed.

problem with that is I’m two operators down already.

Didn’t seem to have any issues joining games just with the quality of team-mates who think they are playing COD and then disconnect when they get downed.

It’ll hopefully be better playing with mates but then I did tell myself the same about Aliens fireteam….

I like that it scales according to whether you're playing solo or in a group. I've always been a bit of a solo player so it's a pretty chill exp to just grind out levels while watching Netflix or sommat. 

I know the "endgame" needs a full squad but that'll be a forming a group on TA scenario anyway if it's needed, won't be a randoms thing. 

Had a session with a couple of mates last night, we all agreed we didn’t find much joy in it at all. After about 3-4 hours I ended up uninstalling it. 
Uninspired drivel.

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Can you play this in one player? 

Yes. But, you can only do it by specifying the area you go to. If you just try to do New York, it will auto-matchmake.

1 hour ago, Varsity said:

Yes it scales to the number of people playing. 

Even on the easiest difficulty, this isn't giving you much! I have 1 operator injured, and 3 who are MIA. I would definitely recommend at least 1 trustworthy person with you.

2 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

Yes. But, you can only do it by specifying the area you go to. If you just try to do New York, it will auto-matchmake.

Even on the easiest difficulty, this isn't giving you much! I have 1 operator injured, and 3 who are MIA. I would definitely recommend at least 1 trustworthy person with you.

Have to disagree tbh. Had no issues playing solo, 100%'d New York already and tackled a few on the harder difficulties on my own lol. 

Different playstyles maybe **shrug**

I had a go last night with a mate, him on PS5 and me on PC. 

It ran really well, but after about 3 hours of playing it, it just seemed like the same thing over and over. Random "card" draw objectives from a pool of, well, I do not know how many, but we kept getting the same ones a lot, on different maps. Seems like a similar idea from Back 4 Blood. Pretty boring really. I am glad it was on gamepass...for me anyway haha

On 20/01/2022 at 18:10, pinholestar said:

It is remarkably bland on first impressions, aye. Whole thing seems like a very odd direction to take the series after the huge success of Siege. Can't see myself giving it too much longer to impress.

I’m not sure it represents any real intended direction and is more an attempt to ride the GTFO bandwagon!

1 hour ago, Varsity said:

Have to disagree tbh. Had no issues playing solo, 100%'d New York already and tackled a few on the harder difficulties on my own lol. 

Different playstyles maybe **shrug**

I am 100% certain that I am the cause of my problems. I've never been particularly great at stealth! 

32 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

I am 100% certain that I am the cause of my problems. I've never been particularly great at stealth! 

Some tips, as the tutorial isn't the best. 

- Smoke grenades are OP. If something spots you, lob a smoke grenade at its feet and then you can go and stealth takedown the enemy. 

- Use the UV light on the guns to see through walls, if it's not a solid wall you can shoot straight through and easy headshots/weak spot dmg. 

- If you get the objectives like defend the charges, scan the areas etc and you're solo, you might as well either skip them or extract and start again. They're not impossible but they are much harder than the others if you're on your own. 

- When you get enough tech currency, buy the revive kit so you can revive yourself if you're downed. 

- Doc + Rook are both good chars to play solo because again you can either heal yourself or give yourself armor. 

- Don't use shotguns or any gun without a silencer unless you're confident. 

Hope it helps, it's not an amazing game by any means, I find the enemies really very dull BUT I am having a lot of fun just messing around in solo. It's very much a game I can play on one screen and netflix on the other while levelling characters ^^