Severance (not the Danny Dyer movie)

JohnC

5 hours ago, Alan Stock said:

I agree, we don't necessarily need answers to those things and they serve as examples of the weird and sinister backdrop of life down there. However:

Hide contents

Lots of fans were obsessed with the goats and kept asking the writer about it. He indicated they will be explained at some point. I wonder that given the goats head mask in the Lumen religious stuff whether they are used in some sort of religious ceremony/sacrifice.

This is why we can’t have nice things 😔

I also always wonder how Lost would have turned out if it hasn’t coincided with the rise of the internet and writers trying to stay ahead of fans/online speculation.  (Probably still bunk.)

1 hour ago, Kodamarama said:

This is why we can’t have nice things 😔

I also always wonder how Lost would have turned out if it hasn’t coincided with the rise of the internet and writers trying to stay ahead of fans/online speculation.  (Probably still bunk.)

Watching The Leftovers has cast Lost in a completely new light for me, and I suspect it's the type of programme that Lindelof intended its predecessor to be, before its viewers and our obsessive forums wouldn't let the mysteries be. For me it's completely vindicated all the mis-steps in Lost and is genuinely one of if not the best US TV series ever made. It's Lost's missed potential actually realised.

@Alan Stock I'm not sure I'd necessarily recommend it as something similar to Severance. But it's life-affirming and tragic and hilarious and amazing, and everybody should watch it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/09/2022 at 09:01, Monkeyboy said:

It looks like someone cosplaying her.

Seems the internet have decided it’s supposed to be Helly but it’s not the actress from the show.

On 21/08/2022 at 17:15, Alan Stock said:

Would you recommend the leftovers to fans of severance then? It didn't sound very interesting from the blurb so I never checked it out. I have heard its supposed to be quite good though.

I don't think the two shows have that much in common really. One is a Sci-Fi mystery with a neat unique gimmick, the other was written by Damon Lindelof and is full of Lindelofisms so YMMV on that point. Even the general vibe I don't feel has that much commonality.

• 1 month later...

A bunch of new cast announced for season 2. Gwendoline Christie, Bob Balaban, Merritt Wever, Alia Shawkat, Robby Benson, Stefano Carannante, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson and John Noble.

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

A bunch of new cast announced for season 2. Gwendoline Christie, Bob Balaban, Merritt Wever, Alia Shawkat, Robby Benson, Stefano Carannante, Ólafur Darri Ólafsson and John Noble.

Hmm. Don’t like the sound of that. I know the box has been opened but sounds like too much going on if there’s a whole raft of new faces.