Moon Knight - Disney+ - March 2022

Chindie

I enjoy it but its just average for me made worst because of the cast behind it. I dunno for some reason I expect this to be a lot better.

On 30/04/2022 at 15:01, Kodamarama said:

😮

Caravan of Garbage also noticed that the fish being drawn in the flashback (then pinned up in Marc/Steven’s bedroom) has only one fin.

Giving you so much side-eye from here. I love her, and so do my niece and nephew. Looks to me like you’re outnumbered…

Yeah Captain Marvel is solid, I mean I don't get the hate for Bree Larson in general. 

There’s a combination of Brie Larson being hated on because she is a woman and mainlining a MCU movie, and the other side of it is hating on her because apparently she’s not very nice and many of the MCU actors dislike her. There’s no proof for any of this, just rumours and people looking for excuses to hate her. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

she’s not very nice and many of the MCU actors dislike her. There’s no proof for any of this, just rumours and people looking for excuses to hate her. 

The only "evidence" is Don Cheadle frustrated with her in an interview, but even then it was clarified as being a nothing burger. I give huge props to Brie for being an incredibly strong woman with the huge amount of abuse she receives online which ranges from vile to unwarranted. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Shark said:

There’s a combination of Brie Larson being hated on because she is a woman and mainlining a MCU movie, and the other side of it is hating on her because apparently she’s not very nice and many of the MCU actors dislike her. There’s no proof for any of this, just rumours and people looking for excuses to hate her. 

The not very nice thing was not remotely corraborated. Wank fantasies from lunatics who hate women.

6 minutes ago, yakumo said:

The only "evidence" is Don Cheadle frustrated with her in an interview, but even then it was clarified as being a nothing burger. I give huge props to Brie for being an incredibly strong woman with the huge amount of abuse she receives online which ranges from vile to unwarranted. 

3 minutes ago, Festoon said:

The not very nice thing was not remotely corraborated. Wank fantasies from lunatics who hate women.

Indeed. I've no issue with her, I thought she was great as Captain Marvel in an otherwise mediocre film. I also liked her in Community when she did a guest spot for a bit and that is honestly all I know about her.

To be perfectly honest, MCU have been absolutely bang on with all their casting. Seriously impressive when you consider the sheer number of shows and films now.

6 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Indeed. I've no issue with her, I thought she was great as Captain Marvel in an otherwise mediocre film. I also liked her in Community when she did a guest spot for a bit and that is honestly all I know about her.

To be perfectly honest, MCU have been absolutely bang on with all their casting. Seriously impressive when you consider the sheer number of shows and films now.

She was amazing in Room.

8 minutes ago, yakumo said:

But Festoon its always about the grift...

Yeah, look at the poisonous nuts on Metacritic.

These are presumably the same people fapping themselves raw over No Way Home.

Screenshot_20220502-200419_Chrome.jpg

8 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

I like how “having a woman as the main character” = toxic feminism And women having opinions or making decisions = men having inferiority complex. I mean…what? :lol:

Read some more there. It's all 'feminazi' talk. They can tell Larson isn't a good person because of the way she holds her face in the film.

I don’t read any of that stuff but I saw a group interview with her and three other Avengers actors around the time of Endgame, and there was clearly a lot of tension there.

As I recall Hemingsworth and her were having a nice little back and forth that looked very awkward.

20 minutes ago, Darwock said:

I don’t read any of that stuff but I saw a group interview with her and three other Avengers actors around the time of Endgame, and there was clearly a lot of tension there.

As I recall Hemingsworth and her were having a nice little back and forth that looked very awkward.

BITCH STATUS CONFIRMED.

Well it shouldn’t be one rule for James Corden and another rule for everyone else, should it?

If you act like a dick in public, you can probably expect people to perceive you a certain way.

I don’t know anything about her except from that one interview I saw, but it definitely gave me a bad impression.

On 29/04/2022 at 06:47, Headache said:
  Hide contents

I assumed it was because his other personalities know what he's doing so when they bring him back, they do all the same steps he does. Put tape back on the door, brush the sand, put the leg restraint back on. We know they even tried to buy a new one finned goldfish to replace the one that died, so he wouldn't notice he'd been away for 3 days.

Yeah, this is why the first ep is called The Goldfish Problem.

Anyway, I finally got around to watching Ep 5. Great stuff. Most interesting Marvel anything so far, probably.

Interesting that the best episodes

Spoiler

Have little to no Moon Knight in them.

7 hours ago, Darwock said:

Well it shouldn’t be one rule for James Corden and another rule for everyone else, should it?

If you act like a dick in public, you can probably expect people to perceive you a certain way.

I don’t know anything about her except from that one interview I saw, but it definitely gave me a bad impression.

She was clearly joking. People don't get bone dry humour from women.

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

There’s a credits scene this week. 

Nice little nod with the building in it too.

I didn’t realise that Benson & Moorhead were on the project.

That explains why Episodes Two & Four had that flair.

It was an ok with plenty to go with when they eventually announce a second series (which with all the hype etc) although I wonder if we’ll see Moon Knight in the Halloween Special next.

Solid ending. Not amazing but decent. 

The series acts as an origin really for what Moon Knight generally, with a few tweaks. And sets up things I approve of for any possible future appearance.

On 02/05/2022 at 18:12, Doctor Shark said:

Since then though she's become a massive crypto bro whose plugging NFT's and Metaverse shit. 

Enjoyed that - obviously not as strong as the last couple of episodes but certainly sticks the landing better than all the other MCU TV shows so far. 
 Oscar Isaac really makes this though - his ability to switch seamlessly between the personas and immediately you know who it is 

Spoiler

Especially at the end when he’s back in the hospital and switches between Marc and Stephen talking. 

The suits kicking each other is as always the weakest bit but it was kept short and the post credit sequence makes me think we’ve not seen the last of this show - no matter how much they claim it’s a limited series