Moon Knight - Disney+ - March 2022

Chindie

11 hours ago, Andy_Why said:

Only Loki so far, but most of the others are getting continued in one way or another- WandaVision by Dr Strange, Cap and Falcon by the new Captain America movie etc

What if? had a second season confirmed as well I think.

Might not be a second season:

According to Isaac, season one was approached as a complete limited-event story. Previously, Marvel did refer to this week’s finale episode as a “series finale” in a now-deleted tweet before changing this to “season finale,” throwing the future of the series up for debate.

“You know, I think we approached it as 'this is the story,’ and let's just put everything out on the table on this story,” Isaac said, speaking to RadioTimes.

“There's definitely no official plans to continue it. I think it would depend on what the story is [...] That being said, I love being Steven, I just love it. It's just like, physically, it's so much fun to be him. So, you know, if there was a story that really made sense, I'd be happy to be part of it,” he later added.

Anyone else feel like it could have done with an extra 15-20mins?

Would have liked to have seen Harrow and Khonchus relationship fleshed out more. Why did they split and why did he turn to Ammit.

10 hours ago, Stigweard said:

Anyone else feel like it could have done with an extra 15-20mins?

Would have liked to have seen Harrow and Khonchus relationship fleshed out more. Why did they split and why did he turn to Ammit.

Because Harrow was caught in the blip, and when he returned Marc was the new avatar.

26 minutes ago, deKay said:

Because Harrow was caught in the blip, and when he returned Marc was the new avatar.

See this is the theory I came up with too, even mentioned it on our spoiler podcasts but as they never said it or touched on it I guess we'll never know.

The only way it falls down is that if Moon Knight is set just after the blip like the rest of Phase 4 then there's no way Harrow had time to create his cult around the world that quick. That seems like something years in the making. He's got a whole off the grid community in London, you can't do that in a few months.

Also doesn't explain how he knows so much about Laylas dad and what happened to him.

Wasn't there something in maybe the second episode about how he just became disillusioned with constantly doing things for Khonshu and having no freedom and was convinced to betray him by Ammit and switch allegiance?

12 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

When? I don't remember him saying that and I cant find anything on Google about it.

Well, I don’t know where else I’d have heard it.

34 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Wasn't there something in maybe the second episode about how he just became disillusioned with constantly doing things for Khonshu and having no freedom and was convinced to betray him by Ammit and switch allegiance?

When Khonshu gets imprisoned in Stone, he thanks him for making him like this by utterly breaking and torturing him. 

I don’t quite get the obsession with trying to get everything to fit into the blip, but I do think it’s a bit odd that he was no longer Khonshu’s avatar. I dunno how got out of it. He can still clearly fight well and Khonshu doesn’t just let people go easy.

But he does tell Steven that Khonshu is powerless to make him do things and “you don’t have to listen to him.” The main leverage he has over Marc is appealing to his sense of justice (i.e. don’t let Harrow kill half the planet) and threatening Layla, rather than forcing him to do stuff. So maybe he just stopped listening to him and Khonshu had no choice but to find someone new.

A small note on something very minor that's just jumped out at me.

Ethan Hawke plays

Spoiler

a really, really good doped up dickhead. I now want a movie where he plays a wanker that is permanently stoned or hungover.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2022 at 11:23, JohnC said:

I don't think he did. The only reference I can find for it is people theorising it. Might be a bit of Mandela.

He definitely says it, it's a throwaway line in the middle of monologuing in the last episode - something along the lines of "and when I was revived, you had replaced me" and I remember thinking while watching the episode that I was getting tired of so much stuff referencing the blip.

43 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

He definitely says it, it's a throwaway line in the middle of monologuing in the last episode - something along the lines of "and when I was revived, you had replaced me" and I remember thinking while watching the episode that I was getting tired of so much stuff referencing the blip.

I really don't think he does, he only says about being dissolutioned with Khonchu. There's nothing on any websites or any spoilercasts I listened to that mentions it either. They kept all this very separate from the wider MCU.

On a side note, why would they not mention the blip, post blip in the MCU? It would be worse if they didn't mention it. Personally I don't think they've explored it properly at all really. They've made a few references to it here and there but a massive event like that would throw the world into chaos and the most they've touched on it is some people being made refugees in Falcon and the Winter Soldier and causing the Flag Smahsers. In Wandvision Monica just went back to work, Spider-man he just went back to school and cracked on etc.

1 minute ago, Stigweard said:

I really don't think he does, he only says about being dissolutioned with Khonchu. There's nothing on any websites or any spoilercasts I listened to that mentions it either. They kept all thise very separate from the wider MCU.

On a side note, why would they not mention the blip, post blip in thr MCU? It would be worse if they didn't mention it. Personally I don't think they've explored it properly at all really. They've made a few references to it here and there but a massive event like that would throw the world into chaos and the most they've touched on it is some people being made refugees in Falcon and the Winter Soldier and causing the Flag Smahsers. In Wandvision Monica just went back to work, Spider-man he just went back to school and cracked on etc.

Iirc he doesn't reference the blip directly, he says something vague about returning/revived after 5 years. I remember it because I was like huh, despite keeping it disconnected they managed to slip another bloody blip reference in 

Unless I've been massively Mandela'd. I remember it so clearly :lol:

6 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Iirc he doesn't reference the blip directly, he says something vague about returning/revived after 5 years. I remember it because I was like huh, despite keeping it disconnected they managed to slip another bloody blip reference in 

Unless I've been massively Mandela'd. I remember it so clearly :lol:

I really think you might have been haha.