IGNORED

Nobody Saves the World - new game from Drinkbox (Guacamelee) - PC, XBox, Gamepass, 18th Jan

BadgerFarmer

Nobody Saves the World is the latest offering from Drinkbox, makers of Guacamelee and (the underrated) Severed. More of a silly action RPG/dungeon crawler this time, in which protagonist Nobody changes into a whole load of different character forms (including a horse and a slug), each with their own abilities. Also has 2 player co-op.

It's coming to Gamepass and PC on 18th January. Trailer:

Really enjoying this - the trickle of new powers to switch between, the constant quests and upgrades alongside some lovely graphics (no surprise coming from the team that made guacamelee). 
 Gonna have to get some co-op in as I think that could be awesome fun with the right friend. 

Yeah I'm loving it. At lvl 10 and now mixing and matching abilities between the forms. 

It's just so much fun. 

Rat ftw. 

16 hours ago, metallicfrodo said:

Disappointed to see this is only online not couch co-op. 

This should be illegal! Couch coop games are the freaking best. 

This deserves more love in here - it’s really something special. Managing to scratch the ARPG itch with some superb roguelike elements. 
 Every new dungeon requires you to mix up your build and the quests force you to try new things to continue unlocking forms and level up.

9 hours ago, Mortis said:

This deserves more love in here - it’s really something special. Managing to scratch the ARPG itch with some superb roguelike elements. 
 Every new dungeon requires you to mix up your build and the quests force you to try new things to continue unlocking forms and level up.

It's fucking brilliant. I've had loads of gaming free time recently and just haven't bothered, that inevitable feeling washing over you that you feel you may have hit the point that you're growing out of gaming (at 46). Then I started playing this and I've been utterly enchanted. Played for over 10 hours and nearly every time I get a new form and level it a bit, it's my favourite and then I get another form and that becomes my fav. It was all about the ridiculously overpowered Zombie (Slug before that, and Mermaid) but then I levelled up Rat to get the combust skill and now *chef kiss*

Everyone should be playing.

It’s also how it teases the new forms openly on the selection screen - I’ve hit a quest that needs a new form but to get that I need 2 at C and one at A class. It’s made me return to forms I’d ignored because they were underpowered and rank them up , then you realise that with a power or 2 from other forms on them they become absolute OP beasts. 
 The map is also huge and so well designed with shortcuts everywhere to unlock.  
 Honestly RLLMUK go play this it’s the best game so far in 2022. 

Slug and Magician FTW tho. 

This is properly brilliant. 

Had an amazing slug build last night with zombies and magicians rabbits tearing everything up and then exploding. I was basically just zooming around on my trail of slime tossing exploding blobs and hovering up all the loot. 

Magician is brilliant. Summoning dozens of rabbits never gets old. 

Honest loving this game and can see me trying to level up every character to the max. Something I never do. 

There's a dungeon that's level 30 but the enemies all do x9999 damage. I attempted it a couple of times. That's one for end game I think. 

Yeah this is absolutely superb and I’m probably enjoying it more than Death’s Door at the moment.

It’s a really impressive balancing act to have so many different forms all with their own unique abilities and playstyles and have each of them be viable. All of the upgrade paths and the mini-quests and XP bars pinging off are like digital crack to my insect brain. Its design is rock solid.

If people’s memory holds, this’ll be making a few appearances come the end of year lists, I reckon. Don’t sleep on it!

9 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I do love that the Mermaid is an actual, fucked up horror mermaid.

It's the subtle expression change when it's in or out of water - little details make this game so good.

2 hours ago, Ry said:

Magician is brilliant. Summoning dozens of rabbits never gets old. 

Honest loving this game and can see me trying to level up every character to the max. Something I never do. 

There's a dungeon that's level 30 but the enemies all do x9999 damage. I attempted it a couple of times. That's one for end game I think. 

Check your passive abilities for one that makes this dungeon trivial 

Spoiler

It’s one of the egg abilities to reduce damage taken