IGNORED

Which game controller should I play Elden Ring with? (Or what controller do you use on PC?)

Benny

Which game controller would you play Elden Ring with?  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Elite series 2 is head and shoulders above any other controller ever made. It's a joy to use.

I'm not sure it's £160 worth of joy, mind you, but now I've got one I'll use it any chance I get.

I have a Cyberpunk XBOne controller and a red Series controller. The One controller has rubber grips and is much more comfortable, so I'll probably go with that. The Series controller feels cheaper and the right trigger is already sticking - yeah I could send it away to get fixed but that's a hassle lol.

I'd go for the Series controllers, generally, as I find them to be the best this gen.

I'll give a shout out to the 8bitdo Pro 2, though. It's an extremely capable and flexible pad and I find myself using it more and more.

Having access to all the major controllers, I'm going to be boring and opt for the Series controller here. Mostly because it's the most comfortable with the best d-pad, but also because it's the only controller I have that looks like this.

• 1 month later...

Wise fwom your gwave!

I settled on Dualsense in the end.  The triggers and shoulder buttons on the Xbox Elite 2 just didn’t feel right for this game.

Now then, where’s that Dualsense button icons mod?

1 hour ago, Triple A said:

Wise fwom your gwave!

I settled on Dualsense in the end.  The triggers and shoulder buttons on the Xbox Elite 2 just didn’t feel right for this game.

Now then, where’s that Dualsense button icons mod?

You would not need a mod if From software used the Steam input API that Valve provides to developers for free. Steam input would recognise what controller you are using and display the correct icons. 

From software seem to make fantastic games but their ports leave a lot to be desired. Coming so soon after the God of War port this just looks shoddy. 

7 hours ago, Benny said:

I'm using Switch Pro as it doesn't detect the R2 button on a PS4 pad on PC. Actually feels much better though with the heavenly chunky shoulder buttons.

Weird, I'm using a PS4 pad on my pc and it's working fine.