IGNORED

The Rllmuk Game of the Year Awards 2021 - THE RESULTS! Now playing: Game of the Year 2021 - #5 thru #1! A new champion is crowned!

Treble

23 hours ago, Qazimod said:

Hmm, I imagine Returnal and Dread could take the gold and silver. Halo and Forza got a few votes too so they might show up.

Bam. (Although @Thor was even more accurate!)

Thanks so much for all of these updates (and for letting me contribute some daftness) - it's been an ace thread. :wub: 

Thanks @Treble i enjoyed that run in, i must admit i have not played returnal as it sounds like you need to set aside from extended sessions (not something that i can do with young children) maybe one to come back to when they are older ^_^

Awesome to see Returnal getting the praise it deserves. It’ll be one of the games of the generation with ease. Absolute 100% genuine, game changing, Mario64, OOT style AAA, next gen masterpiece! Bring on the next one Housemarque and Sony! Bargain for the £60 I paid for it too! 

1 hour ago, Darwock said:

I’m interested in Returnal now. Does it have any multiplayer component? (hope not)

You can salvage or avenge fallen players, but no sort of competitive or co-op element. It is probably the best game of the last few years, and the best first party exclusive since Bloodborne! 

Great stuff from @Treble et al and a deserving top 3.

I’m made-up for Returnal and I can’t wait for more people to get their hands on it. Now it has the mid-game saves it’s an absolute 10.

Also great to see Forza Horizon do so well both here and the stats MS recently released. I personally didn’t get on with it as well as others but it’s a genre dear to my heart and one I want to see thrive. 

Definitely more interested in Returnal now…. and the good news is that by the time that I can finally purchase a PS5 I’ll probably be able to pick it up for a tenner :)

Thanks @Treble and everyone who has contributed this year - has been an enjoyable read. 

7 hours ago, Thor said:

Cheers @Treble. :hat:

I'm surprised Dread pipped Guardians, but hey, not gonna argue with the results, and I'm glad Forza beat Halo. FH5 was a very pleasant surprise for me over the Christmas period.

Where did Metroid Dread come again? -_-

3 hours ago, Jamie John said:

Cheers for doing this @Treble! I'm glad I managed to play the majority of games in the top 10 this year. Some crackers in there.

(And is that Metroid Dread gif the one I made?)

No idea, I just grabbed them off Google or Giphy, can't remember which! Which one is yours? The cute one?

16 minutes ago, Treble said:

No idea, I just grabbed them off Google or Giphy, can't remember which! Which one is yours? The cute one?

No, the one in the lift. It's very similar to the one I made, anyway. Doesn't matter - I just got slightly freaked out when I saw it, ha.

Well deserved game of the year! Thank you @Treble , its a hard graft doing the awards but its been a pleasure to read, shout out to the other contributors as well, we have some fine writers here! As usual I have been entertained and educated; this year Guardians is definitely one I dismissed unfairly. 

2 hours ago, BadgerFarmer said:

Ghosts and Goblins was robbed of any recognition!

I wonder how it would've fared in a more competitive year?

Well it landed in 27th place, with only 5 votes, so it looks like this particular audience was indifferent. Sorry man, but that doesn't mean it isn't an excellent game.

31 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

Are you gonna be posting the full list?

Sure, can do. 

6 minutes ago, Benny said:

Justice for Guilty Gear Strive.

24th, only 3 votes. I know, physically hurts me too :(